I love credit cards so much! v2.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is this affecting the transfer rate?

yeah sorry, i meant the 1099... someone got 40k from referrals and chase added +$200 more on top of the $400 in today's new 1099.
Sadly no. I think it is in reference to the "corrected" 1099s Chase has issued. Basically you are going to pay more tax on Marriott card referrals with this adjustment. @Albort did anything change with UR referrals?
i never received one when i was suppose to. was worth $1600. at this point, im not sure what i will do. still looking around for ppl to advise, but at the moment, if chase said they would pay for it, ill probably get my tax guy to file the amendment...

Got my Arrival card in the mail tonight. Nice looking card, especially for no annual fee. Also, I got myself packed up. I will unpack and redo it all tomorrow. 🤣 #TypeA #MinimalistPerfection #IHaveAProblem
Did you keep the same card number? My AF will be due next month but I have redeemed points for purchase in December. I’m worried what would happen if I cancel. I don’t want to pay the AF but not quite ready to completely cancel it.

Yes, I expected to lose the points I had when I downgraded but that didn't happen - I got to keep them. You get 1,000 points for first swipe with the no fee and it still earns 2x points on travel. 1x everywhere else.

It looks like you still get the 5% back on redemptions; is that right? And it doesn’t count as a new card since it is a downgrade. (She says hopefully).

In AMEX offers news, only my DD had the Amex deal for Vineyard Vines, and we shop there a lot. Thank goodness for ApplePay, because the actual platinum card is in Europe at the moment. ;)

Caution using Amex Offers with Apple Pay.

The fine print on these offers typically include the following warnings:

In addition, in most cases, you may not receive the statement credit if your transaction is made with an electronic wallet or through a third party or if the merchant uses a mobile or wireless card reader to process it.

In addition, in most cases, you may not receive the additional Membership Rewards points if your transaction is made with an electronic wallet or through a third party.

YMMV whether a purchase using DD’s card on Apple Pay will trigger the offer.

If you’re referring to the Spend $150, Get $30/3,000 MR back Vineyard Vines offer, I purchased a $150 physical gift card and had it delivered to me, and that triggered the offer. Perhaps you can get DD to order you a $150 gift card before the offer expires?

This would maximize the deal too, since you only get 20% off by spending exactly $150. Spend anything more, and you’re lowering the discount, as well as putting spend on a Platinum card that earns only 1 MR/$1. You can have DD order you a $150 gift card to maximize the deal, then use that gift card and put whatever balance on a card that you’re working on MSR or earns you a better reward.

yeah sorry, i meant the 1099... someone got 40k from referrals and chase added +$200 more on top of the $400 in today's new 1099.

i never received one when i was suppose to. was worth $1600. at this point, im not sure what i will do. still looking around for ppl to advise, but at the moment, if chase said they would pay for it, ill probably get my tax guy to file the amendment...
Yeah, if Chase is paying why not. LOL

Have you tried memory foam insoles before? Maybe it’s just me, but I find that I usually need to go up a size in them. I don’t know if maybe that foam sits your foot up a little higher in the shoe than a regular sneaker or what, but I find that I’m normally a 10 in just flats but an 11 in all my memory foam sneakers. Might be worth a shot if it’s free returns!
Thanks for the heads up. I actually dislike memory foam insoles because the don't support my bad foot very well. I usually take out the insoles in most shoes and add a rigid insole with good arch support. Guess I better pass on these. 😞

Caution using Amex Offers with Apple Pay.

The fine print on these offers typically include the following warnings:

In addition, in most cases, you may not receive the statement credit if your transaction is made with an electronic wallet or through a third party or if the merchant uses a mobile or wireless card reader to process it.

In addition, in most cases, you may not receive the additional Membership Rewards points if your transaction is made with an electronic wallet or through a third party.

YMMV whether a purchase using DD’s card on Apple Pay will trigger the offer.

If you’re referring to the Spend $150, Get $30/3,000 MR back Vineyard Vines offer, I purchased a $150 physical gift card and had it delivered to me, and that triggered the offer. Perhaps you can get DD to order you a $150 gift card before the offer expires?

This would maximize the deal too, since you only get 20% off by spending exactly $150. Spend anything more, and you’re lowering the discount, as well as putting spend on a Platinum card that earns only 1 MR/$1. You can have DD order you a $150 gift card to maximize the deal, then use that gift card and put whatever balance on a card that you’re working on MSR or earns you a better reward.

Good idea. It worked last time I tried it (when DH had the deal on his AMEX card) but if it doesn't work this time that's what I'll do.

I have a personal email with 9 digit code ( in my cats name). Would that work? I can PM you the number if it will.

:rotfl:

So our plane got hit by lightening not terribly far from Orlando but it didn't affect anything thankfully. I saw the flashes but wasn't close enough to the front to hear or realize it had happened until the pilot sad something. Guess I'll check that one off my list of things I've experienced but didn't expect. Missing luggage service because I just want to go home and sleep not wait. Hopefully alaska is on top of their 20 min gurantee tonight.

So our plane got hit by lightening not terribly far from Orlando but it didn't affect anything thankfully. I saw the flashes but wasn't close enough to the front to hear or realize it had happened until the pilot sad something. Guess I'll check that one off my list of things I've experienced but didn't expect. Missing luggage service because I just want to go home and sleep not wait. Hopefully alaska is on top of their 20 min gurantee tonight.
That's crazy! Welcome back to the land of Bearable Temperatures.

Citi really makes no sense to me. I closed my AA biz card with them last week with no issues via chat. When I tried to do the same for DH's card, twice they told me they couldn't for security reasons since it was a business card, and DH would have to call. But, third time was the charm - just closed DH's via chat, too. Apparently the security concerns with closing business cards via chat have been resolved, lol.

Did you keep the same card number? My AF will be due next month but I have redeemed points for purchase in December. I’m worried what would happen if I cancel. I don’t want to pay the AF but not quite ready to completely cancel it.

It looks like you still get the 5% back on redemptions; is that right? And it doesn’t count as a new card since it is a downgrade. (She says hopefully).

Different account number. You can always call and talk with the agent about it. I always thought you surrendered points when changing so I'm baffled that didn't happen for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!