I love credit cards so much! v2.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ooh cool - where at? My mom grew up in Claysburg. My grandparents on my dad’s side live in Duncansville currently.
I know both of those. DH is from Breezewood and I grew up in Hopewell ( not the one near you in Pittsburgh). Every time I would always say Hopewell, everyone thinks Dan Marino and near Pittsburgh. No not me!

Can I just say how stupid the BOA banking site is. I was trying to add my external bank account since it seems to be taking forever to pull the funds from my external bank plus they have a $2000 a day limit. But BOA wants me to put in my debit or credit card info but I opted out of receiving a debit which it seems they should know. So I have no way of adding my external bank account. Just ridiculous.

Phew, got DH's Macbook up and running and got my YNAB4 loaded onto it with my budget! Spent all morning updating the OS and getting Dropbox straight. I felt bad, I didn't realize how many different passwords were required and that it would be sending secure codes to DH's phone so he kept having to text me from work with different codes. But now his computer is up to date and I can use it!

Unrelated: Great Southern Bank. Any specific account I need to open for CC funding? I see the GS Checking is $25 minimum deposit and no fees or minimum daily balance. Also, is it recommended that you only use Visa for this? I know Amex is a no-no, but didn't know if it would work with Citi AA Biz if I was to wait and get another of those. I have a CIP I can use and I have about $3500 left towards MSR on that.

I have asked questions in here before. But I'm now seriously stepping into this ring after becoming debt-free, with the exceptions of mortgage and car and those'll be in 3 years and 6 months, respectively. I went allllll the way back to page one to layout my details for you:

09/94 – DISCOVER personal
09/18 – CHASE Sapphire Preferred
10/15 – CHASE Disney
01/18 – BOA Alaska Airline ($99/annual)
04/18 – BOA Alaska Airline (for DH, $99/annual)
  • What amount of spend would you put on a card monthly (i.e. groceries, gas, insurance, cable, cell phone, other expenses)? Now that the CC’s are zero balanced, put all expenses on CC for points.
  • Do you currently payoff your CCs in full every month or do you carry any balances/pay any interest? Recently CC debt free. Paying off balances in full now, every month (unless it’s a large, special purchase)
  • What airport(s) do you typically fly out of? Redding or Sacramento, CA
  • Do you have a preference of Frequent Flyer program? United
  • Does SOUTHWEST service your airport? No. And I have had terrible experiences with SW in general.
  • Do you have a Hotel Rewards program preference? No
  • Do you currently have any travel points in any program? (if so, which programs and how much) Points with CSP, United, Alaska Air, all minimal since I just started last year with finding this thread.
  • What at your specific goals for churning credit cards? (i.e. Disney World Trip, Cruise, European Trip, Cash Back to pay-off a mortgage or student loans, etc. - you can have multiple goals too!) Assist with college tuition, Britain/Ireland/Scotland trip, travel more in general.
Who does your travel party consist of? (Spouse, Kids (& ages), other relatives/friends) Myself, DH. Possibly for US trip: one kid in college, one in high school.

Obviously, we won't close our Discover. I also am really enjoying the points from the CSP. The Disney card is a lump of coal, but I use it for Disney store purchases. We'd applied for the AA cards to get free companion flights for our WDW trip in Dec. 2018. Otherwise, we haven't used them. Those are the two I'm considering canceling outright. Thoughts on that?

I've been putting off buying my prescription meds from my online pharmacy service because it was depressingly expensive - what cost me $48 last year for a 90 day supply became $2,560 for the same stuff. 😕 I don't know if it was because our insurance company changed at the start of 2019, or if it was because we decided to go with a HSA plan, or what. But I spent an hour on the phone yesterday with the pharmacy company to clarify the costs. I decided to check out the price at Walgreens since that is the retail pharmacy partner to this online pharmacy before ordering online. It ended up costing me $95 for a 90 day supply through Walgreens! What the everlasting *%$!? That just boggles my mind. That's a savings of close to $5,000 just on these meds for the remainder of the year. Maybe we won't meet our high deductible this year after all.

To make this churning related, I put the $95 on DH's new Hilton Biz MSR. 😀

I can't tell you how much this stuff drives me crazy. I've shopped around and used the goodrx app enough to know which places are best for the few meds we need but all I keep thinking of is "what about all the people that don't know better"?? Or can't shop around. CVS certainly doesn't help me look around for prices but the pharmacist at my Publix was nice enough to search with me when the ear drops for youngest DD's swimmers ear rang up at $250!! Between the two of us we got it down to $60 which was still a lot but this was for the kid with a high pain tolerance and who never complains but was then saying her ear hurt. I just think different prices for different people is ridiculous. I did stock up on CVS gift cards when the CF 5X category was drugstores 1st quarter.

I know we had some Dis’ers giving awesome advice for back strains. I decided my yard needed to trimmed before we go away so I was out there for about 1-1 1/2 hour on Sun doing despite my arms telling me I should give in but I persevered and completed the task. Yesterday and today I can barely walk and if I do, I look like an old lady. I tried ice all afternoon and evening along with Motrin and Aleve. And decided to try a warm bath yesterday and that made it feel worse. And today is miserable. I need it cleared up by Thurs morning since we fly to Universal that afternoon. Any suggestions? It’s mainly my lower back area.

I know both of those. DH is from Breezewood and I grew up in Hopewell ( not the one near you in Pittsburgh). Every time I would always say Hopewell, everyone thinks Dan Marino and near Pittsburgh. No not me!
And I think of Hopewell Township in the York, PA vicinity since I grew up in East Hopewell Township.

I 💜 Sanuks! Unfortunately every pair of flipflops I own had a dog bite out of one shoe. Dogs.:rolleyes2

Hey we have matching shoes! :rotfl2:My daughter learned the hard way yesterday by not keeping her bedroom door closed while we were gone. One shoe now has no inside guts. :sad2:

P2 Chase Southwest Checking bonus points FINALLY posted, which puts him at 93000 RR points, so I'm detouring the CIP route with him and instead I applied for a SW business card for him last week with 60,000 RR points so we can get the companion pass. Which will be useful for next year. He is at 2 week message on approval.

Since I put him on a slight detour, I am going to have to self refer for my CIP2, which I know is risky, but I'm going to do it anyway. I can't apply until next week though. Still waiting for my first CIP bonus to post so I can purchase our airline tickets with Alaska Air for next summer. I swear this has been the LONGEST WAIT ever for them to post.

When do support bonuses for UR's credit? When the other person activates their card or when they are approved? I got my mom to join the CIPpy Cup!

I know we had some Dis’ers giving awesome advice for back strains. I decided my yard needed to trimmed before we go away so I was out there for about 1-1 1/2 hour on Sun doing despite my arms telling me I should give in but I persevered and completed the task. Yesterday and today I can barely walk and if I do, I look like an old lady. I tried ice all afternoon and evening along with Motrin and Aleve. And decided to try a warm bath yesterday and that made it feel worse. And today is miserable. I need it cleared up by Thurs morning since we fly to Universal that afternoon. Any suggestions? It’s mainly my lower back area.

Flexeril (prescription), if you can stomach it without getting loopy. Most doctors will write a script for it fairly easily since it's not a Schedule substance. It's the only thing that got DH off the couch to get to work when he threw his out the other month. If you don't want to do that, my doctor told me I could take 1000 mg of Aleve per day when I had severe hip pain earlier this year. She recommended Aleve over ibuprofen, I don't know if there's a specific reason why. 500 mg in the morning and 500 at night.

I don't want to tell you heat since you said it felt worse after the bath, but I do think you're supposed to switch to heat after 24 hours. If you do feel like you can handle a heating pad, make sure to put a damp towel between the heating pad and yourself, otherwise it will dry out your muscles.

Churners in the wild are a very scary, scary breed. Saw mine at a Staples and was did not want to put myself in the same category!! Lol! Def Outlier here!!

Lol why do you say that. The person I saw was a male probably about my age 22-27. He didn’t appear frightening, but I’m socially awkward and would not have gone up to him and said something lol

Sitting in Epcot lounge right now 😄

I'm happy to hear the Epcot lounge is still there. I walk over in the morning and get the bread pudding at Sunshine Seasons, take it up to the lounge, make my free coffee and sit and enjoy. The brisk walk from the Boardwalk area is my excuse to enjoy those calories! If the bread pudding is gone, there are other options in the park, so I'm not hung up on that one although I did like it best when it was the berry croissant.

I'm still lamenting the loss of the Chase lounge and the reserved seating for the F&W concerts. I used to walk there first, get my wristband, then walk back to Sunshine Seasons. Or sometimes Les Halles.

Can I just say how stupid the BOA banking site is. I was trying to add my external bank account since it seems to be taking forever to pull the funds from my external bank plus they have a $2000 a day limit. But BOA wants me to put in my debit or credit card info but I opted out of receiving a debit which it seems they should know. So I have no way of adding my external bank account. Just ridiculous.
WOW! I also declined a debit card thinking it would not be needed since I would just be closing the account. I would also like to eventually push my DD money to my regular bank account (need another one to hit first). UGH! Maybe I should go online and order one? I could also just go into my local branch to close the account and get my money, but who wants to do that?

The entire company, not just our location, is not letting most positions be backfilled to 'test if the position is really needed' :rolleyes2

Unfortunately, this is what my company does to people who goes on long term leave or maternity leave. They don't bother back filling, and then once the person is back, they get laid off because "they weren't needed anyway." :(

Back from Germany and can’t recommend it enough as a wonderful vacation spot. Easy, activities for all ages, interests, activity levels. We toured history from Roman times to modern day, my kids did paragliding, city tours.
Our CSR PP cards got us all in to the No. 1 lounge at LHR. None of us had never been to a lounge so we were all suitably impressed. Free food! Free wine and cocktails! Free soda! I calculate it saved me at least $150 on lunch.
I saw the conversation on Rick Steve’s, I think for @speedyfishy trip to Rome? We used his audio tour for Munich and can’t recommend the app enough. It makes a huge difference to understand what you are seeing and to have a logical route to take. It really helps you get your bearings so you can revisit places you’ve discovered.
Couldn’t have done this trip without the advice on this thread - now just trying to get house and life back together but will jump in to credit cards apps ASAP.

I have asked questions in here before. But I'm now seriously stepping into this ring after becoming debt-free, with the exceptions of mortgage and car and those'll be in 3 years and 6 months, respectively. I went allllll the way back to page one to layout my details for you:

10/15 – CHASE Disney
  • What amount of spend would you put on a card monthly (i.e. groceries, gas, insurance, cable, cell phone, other expenses)? Now that the CC’s are zero balanced, put all expenses on CC for points.
  • Do you currently payoff your CCs in full every month or do you carry any balances/pay any interest? Recently CC debt free. Paying off balances in full now, every month (unless it’s a large, special purchase)
  • Does SOUTHWEST service your airport? No. And I have had terrible experiences with SW in general.
  • Do you currently have any travel points in any program? (if so, which programs and how much) Points with CSP, United, Alaska Air, all minimal since I just started last year with finding this thread.
  • What at your specific goals for churning credit cards? (i.e. Disney World Trip, Cruise, European Trip, Cash Back to pay-off a mortgage or student loans, etc. - you can have multiple goals too!) Assist with college tuition, Britain/Ireland/Scotland trip, travel more in general.
Who does your travel party consist of? (Spouse, Kids (& ages), other relatives/friends) Myself, DH. Possibly for US trip: one kid in college, one in high school.

Obviously, we won't close our Discover. I also am really enjoying the points from the CSP. The Disney card is a lump of coal, but I use it for Disney store purchases. We'd applied for the AA cards to get free companion flights for our WDW trip in Dec. 2018. Otherwise, we haven't used them. Those are the two I'm considering canceling outright. Thoughts on that?
Look into the Chase Freedom if you want to add to your Chase URs. 5x rotating categories.

OMG I’ve been trying to set up access to our BOA line of credit and I can’t because they ask for a debit. My husband and I have looked everywhere because we figured there must be one here somewhere from when we opened it, but I knew we didn’t ask for one. Now I see I’m not crazy - it’s BOA that stinks!

I can't tell you how much this stuff drives me crazy. I've shopped around and used the goodrx app enough to know which places are best for the few meds we need but all I keep thinking of is "what about all the people that don't know better"?? Or can't shop around. CVS certainly doesn't help me look around for prices but the pharmacist at my Publix was nice enough to search with me when the ear drops for youngest DD's swimmers ear rang up at $250!! Between the two of us we got it down to $60 which was still a lot but this was for the kid with a high pain tolerance and who never complains but was then saying her ear hurt. I just think different prices for different people is ridiculous. I did stock up on CVS gift cards when the CF 5X category was drugstores 1st quarter.
I think it drives a lot of us crazy!

The gift card idea never occurred to me. Does anyone other than CVS sell their gift cards?

10/15 – CHASE Disney

Hi and Welcome....
If you would like more Chase URs....opening up Chase business cards can earn you a bunch with the sign up bonuses
The Chase Ink Preferred CIP has a 80k UR bonus after a $5k spend
The Chase Ink Unlimited and Chase Ink Cash business cards have a 50k UR bonus after a $3k spend

I am not at all familiar with European travel....so will leave that to others as far as which cards would help you

If you do not need the BOA cards...I’d cancel after the first year is up

Hey we have matching shoes! :rotfl2:My daughter learned the hard way yesterday by not keeping her bedroom door closed while we were gone. One shoe now has no inside guts. :sad2:

P2 Chase Southwest Checking bonus points FINALLY posted, which puts him at 93000 RR points, so I'm detouring the CIP route with him and instead I applied for a SW business card for him last week with 60,000 RR points so we can get the companion pass. Which will be useful for next year. He is at 2 week message on approval.

Since I put him on a slight detour, I am going to have to self refer for my CIP2, which I know is risky, but I'm going to do it anyway. I can't apply until next week though. Still waiting for my first CIP bonus to post so I can purchase our airline tickets with Alaska Air for next summer. I swear this has been the LONGEST WAIT ever for them to post.

When do support bonuses for UR's credit? When the other person activates their card or when they are approved? I got my mom to join the CIPpy Cup!

Usually the support bonus post on Tuesday, afternoon-evening ....anywhere from 1-3 weeks after approval....i

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!