I love credit cards so much! v2.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
This thread might be of unfortunate interest All WDW Hotels Sold Out Between 12/4-12/11? I’ve seen numerous complaints of the lack of availability over and near Pop Warner time since early summer, it seems to be worse than in the past. Maybe a magical rate will get you around that. A wedding definitely would.... Imho you’ll have to run dual air/hotel searches instead of being able to book just air and then figure out the hotel.
I started looking for our dates at Poly availability as soon as booking opened online for 12/1-12/7, but I never found availability for anything below CL or other $$$ options. I was only looking to get the rate (with any discounts, haha) for my DVC breakeven calculations, so I haven't been searching constantly. I have looked regularly and have been surprised by the lack of availability. Not surprised to see a thread of the same. I am intrigued to see what crowds are like. Glad it isn't our only trip and that we have taken my parents before. We can all be more flexible and change plans if needed.

All these flight delay reports are making me a bit nervous. We fly out for our adult only trip Wednesday night. 😬

ETA: We have priority pass this trip. Are the lounges at SEA worth going to? We've never had lounge access before!

Depends on what gate you go out of, how far you want to walk, what time you are there and what you want to get out of the lounge. I didn't miss it last week.

I started looking for our dates at Poly availability as soon as booking opened online for 12/1-12/7, but I never found availability for anything below CL or other $$$ options. I was only looking to get the rate (with any discounts, haha) for my DVC breakeven calculations, so I haven't been searching constantly. I have looked regularly and have been surprised by the lack of availability. Not surprised to see a thread of the same. I am intrigued to see what crowds are like. Glad it isn't our only trip and that we have taken my parents before. We can all be more flexible and change plans if needed.

I'd be curious what you find. I've heard Consumer Reports evaluated at some point in the past and came up with 13 years to break even (buying direct, not including any financing). They compared to the cost of renting a comparable Deluxe Disney Resort, like you, I believe.

I calculated it for the properties we bought direct from DVC, including financing and found break-evens in the 12-15 year range. However I calculated a different way. Mine was based on how much I could have Rented all of my points out for. Nice that they both came out to around 15 years.

15 years is what people who do the math see that drives them away. I see 35 years of Profit. And if it just isn't valuable to me any longer, I can sell it and still get more than I paid. The best argument against is, you can stay at a moderate, or value, or even off-site for less. That and the up-front cost, but that $7,400 investment in Boardwalk in 1999 looks pretty good 20 years later.

Ok - my turn for off topic... Friday! It all starts Friday...

AND Friday will be my 42nd consecutive game dating back to late 2015. On Sept 6th I will set my personal record of attending 44 consecutive games (surpassing my previous record of 43 straight from 2012-2015).

Since 2011 I have only missed 2 games, 1 for my grandmother's funeral and 1 for our Universal Trip in 2015 (yup, I've attended 99 of the past 101 games) :D 93-8 during that span!!

Totally off topic but it’s a slow Sun night and I think this pretty cool. I was poking around for the history of Pop Century Legendary year’s and found clickbait on Disney Parks that weren’t. I did not know Long Beach, St Louis and Virginia all had Disney Theme Parks planned and announced. Honestly the only one (not on the list) I knew about was the Ski Resort in Mineral King back in the 60s (I’d vaguely heard of WestCot)... Legit bummed about losing that Long Beach one (like I need another Disney Park to spend money at :rolleyes: )...

View attachment 427071

AND Friday will be my 42nd consecutive game dating back to late 2015. On Sept 6th I will set my personal record of attending 44 consecutive games (surpassing my previous record of 43 straight from 2012-2015).

Since 2011 I have only missed 2 games, 1 for my grandmother's funeral and 1 for our Universal Trip in 2015 (yup, I've attended 99 of the past 101 games) :D 93-8 during that span!!
:rotfl2: at our 1 minute apart completely off topic posts

Go South Fayette Football!!!

DS and I are exhausted. It was UOAP Passholder Night at USO and we had a fantastic time with my brother, SIL and sister. Oh, I should have refrained for riding the Hulk and Rip, Ride, Rock-it but I didn’t and they definitely did not help my back (which is still sore.)

DS is not a fan of Cabana Bay, nor am I, so we are checking this one off as a one and done. We really miss the convenience of the boats to CityWalk so it will be either SF or a deluxe from now on. I will say that the buses are very efficient and I think the most we have waited was 2 minutes and that was only they already had a scooter on the one that was boarding.

Whoever recommended Scootaround, thank you! They were very easy to deal with. The scooter was waiting for my mom and when I needed to extend it for a day, it was a simple call.

Last edited:
DS and I are exhausted. It was UOAP Passholder Night at USO and we had a fantastic time with my brother, SIL and sister. Oh, I should have refrained for riding the Hulk and Rip, Ride, Rock-it but I didn’t and they definitely did not help my back (which is still sore.)

DS is not a fan of Cabana Bay, nor am I, so we are checking this one off as a one and done. We really miss the convenience of the boats to CityWalk so it will be either SF or a deluxe from now on. I will say that the buses are very efficient and I think the most we have waited was 2 minutes and that was only they already had a scooter on the one that was boarding.

Whoever recommended Scootaround, thank you! They were very easy to deal with. The scooter waiting for my mom and when I needed to extend it for a day, it was a simple call.
Have you stayed SF yet? I absolutely loved it!

View attachment 427071

I love football!!! I wish I could attend a SF game. I really do. You make high school football seem so amazing and, remember, I'm from TX where football rules everything, my high school team was awesome. We were frequently state champs. I just love all football - high school, college and nfl. Wishing a great season to the SF team!

I watched my first preseason NFL games today. SO, so happy to see football going again. Unfortunately, football means fall. I love fall. BUT fall means winter so I'd rather not have fall :( However, I was so happy to watch football again. I miss it so much when it's not football season. Hoping for less politics in football this season 😟 Excited for football but soaking up every bit of summer I can!

I watched my first preseason NFL games today. SO, so happy to see football going again. Unfortunately, football means fall. I love fall. BUT fall means winter so I'd rather not have fall :( However, I was so happy to watch football again. I miss it so much when it's not football season. Hoping for less politics in football this season 😟 Excited for football but soaking up every bit of summer I can!

it was high of 75 here by Disneyland! i was so happy! no more hot days!!!! :D

Hi everyone! First post here on DIS so please bear with me as I try to figure it out :)

Husbands
02/2017 - AMEX Gold Delta SkyMiles
08/2017 - CHASE Amazon Rewards Card
03/2018 - CHASE Sapphire Preferred (3714 points currently)
05/2018 - WELLS FARGO Cash Wise Visa Platinum
02/2019 - CITI AAdvantage Platinum Select

Mine
11/2018 - AMEX Gold Delta SkyMiles

2) Secondly we'll want to know a little bit about you. Specifically - what you spend, and what you want to earn!
  • What amount of spend would you put on a card monthly (i.e. groceries, gas, insurance, cable, cell phone, other expenses)?
    $2000-$3000
  • Do you currently payoff your CCs in full every month or do you carry any balances/pay any interest?
    yes pay in full every month
  • What airport(s) do you typically fly out of?
    MSP, RST, AUS, SAT
  • Do you have a preference of Frequent Flyer program?
    Delta
  • Does SOUTHWEST service your airport?
    Yes
  • Do you have a Hotel Rewards program preference?
    Hilton
  • Do you currently have any travel points in any program? (if so, which programs and how much)
    Chase Sapphire - 3714
    Delta SkyMiles - not many
    AA - not many
    Hilton Honors 21000
  • What at your specific goals for churning credit cards? (i.e. Disney World Trip, Cruise, European Trip, Cash Back to pay-off a mortgage or student loans, etc. - you can have multiple goals too!)
    Disney World Trip
  • Who does your travel party consist of? (Spouse, Kids (& ages), other relatives/friends)
    party of 6 - Self, husband, kids 8, 6, 3, 1

We will likely be driving to Disney so airline miles aren't much of an interest for us at this time. We're focusing on Cash Back and possibly Hilton Honors points for our stay, but we're open to other hotel reward programs as well. We don't need to stay on-site (although we would love to) but do want to be as close as possible to the parks. We're hoping to stay for 14 days with 10 day park tickets and stay under $5000 out of pocket.

Y'all.... cute story alert...So, we had just watched the MK parade at like 3:20 and now we had a FP to meet Mickey and Minnie. My ds8 looks completely confused in the queue and says, "How does Mickey get from the parade so fast to meet us here"???? :oops: He, legit, still believes. My heart melted. He still believes in Mickey! I cried, along with my teen dd's, we three cried.

Hi everyone! First post here on DIS so please bear with me as I try to figure it out :)

Husbands
02/2017 - AMEX Gold Delta SkyMiles
08/2017 - CHASE Amazon Rewards Card
03/2018 - CHASE Sapphire Preferred (3714 points currently)
05/2018 - WELLS FARGO Cash Wise Visa Platinum

Mine
11/2018 - AMEX Gold Delta SkyMiles

2) Secondly we'll want to know a little bit about you. Specifically - what you spend, and what you want to earn!
  • What amount of spend would you put on a card monthly (i.e. groceries, gas, insurance, cable, cell phone, other expenses)?
    $2000-$3000
  • Do you currently payoff your CCs in full every month or do you carry any balances/pay any interest?
    yes pay in full every month
  • What airport(s) do you typically fly out of?
    MSP, RST, AUS, SAT
  • Do you have a preference of Frequent Flyer program?
    Delta
  • Does SOUTHWEST service your airport?
    Yes
  • Do you have a Hotel Rewards program preference?
    Hilton
  • Do you currently have any travel points in any program? (if so, which programs and how much)
    Chase Sapphire - 3714
    Delta SkyMiles - not many
    AA - not many
    Hilton Honors 21000
  • What at your specific goals for churning credit cards? (i.e. Disney World Trip, Cruise, European Trip, Cash Back to pay-off a mortgage or student loans, etc. - you can have multiple goals too!)
    Disney World Trip
  • Who does your travel party consist of? (Spouse, Kids (& ages), other relatives/friends)
    party of 6 - Self, husband, kids 8, 6, 3, 1

We will likely be driving to Disney so airline miles aren't much of an interest for us at this time. We're focusing on Cash Back and possibly Hilton Honors points for our stay, but we're open to other hotel reward programs as well. We don't need to stay on-site (although we would love to) but do want to be as close as possible to the parks. We're hoping to stay for 14 days with 10 day park tickets and stay under $5000 out of pocket.

more chase cards... im guessing Hilton is at the top of your list? Does Hyatt have any interest in you? You should complete the UR line, CIP, CIC, CIU, although are business cards, would you be willing to apply for them? If not, also look into Freedom card line(CFU and CF).

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!