I love credit cards so much! v2.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lol, too funny! I would rather get tickets ahead of time but I’m not sure when we are going yet. We did the tkts thing a few years ago and it worked out ok.
I went to NYC three years in a row as a chaperone when my son was in drama club and chorus in HS on different trips. So we got some great tickets to shows at group rates but also went to quite a few on our own and that’s how I discovered TKTS. The kids did a broadway summit workshop so while they were in the work shop I went to extra shows! Not sure, if I would choose King Kong either, but if it’s a musical I would probably end up loving it too. One of my favorites was Dear Evan Hanson. I am getting excited just thinking about all the options!

Oh wow, that must have been great fun! I'd love to go for a few days and just go see shows. For now, I content myself with a few weekend trips each year to go see one show and do one touristy thing on each trip. Thank goodness for travel hacking that allows us to do this and not pay for the flights or the hotel stays. My niece wants to see Beetlejuice and has never been to NYC. If they release tickets for the spring (not visiting during the winter) before Christmas, I will get them and take her.

We enjoyed Dear Evan Hansen when it came to our theater as well.

The last thing I intended on seeing was King Kong. However, we were chatting with one of the line attendants who is a musical theater buff and had seen everything. So we asked recommendations and she began talking about all of the shows and their pros but not cons. I think they aren't allowed to say anything negative about any of the shows. Or, that was the impression I got. She said that the show was really impressive from a technical aspect and that by the end of the musical you'd swear that the puppet has a soul. As it turned out King Kong was available at a great price and with third row seats, so we decided to get the tix. Glad we did.

We also gave Broadway Roulette a try on one trip and that was fun too.

Oh congrats! I love the look of that SUV and it's on my radar. Saw one while I was on vacation in NH recently. Enjoy! Awesome you could use a cc!

Thank you. I went to one Kia dealership and they told me a 2-3 month wait before I could even get one. We went yesterday to another dealer to "just look" and they had one in stock, so we bought it. Check out the warranty on them and they come with 1 full year of maintenance from Kia.

Oh wow, that must have been great fun! I'd love to go for a few days and just go see shows. For now, I content myself with a few weekend trips each year to go see one show and do one touristy thing on each trip. Thank goodness for travel hacking that allows us to do this and not pay for the flights or the hotel stays. My niece wants to see Beetlejuice and has never been to NYC. If they release tickets for the spring (not visiting during the winter) before Christmas, I will get them and take her.

We enjoyed Dear Evan Hansen when it came to our theater as well.

The last thing I intended on seeing was King Kong. However, we were chatting with one of the line attendants who is a musical theater buff and had seen everything. So we asked recommendations and she began talking about all of the shows and their pros but not cons. I think they aren't allowed to say anything negative about any of the shows. Or, that was the impression I got. She said that the show was really impressive from a technical aspect and that by the end of the musical you'd swear that the puppet has a soul. As it turned out King Kong was available at a great price and with third row seats, so we decided to get the tix. Glad we did.

We also gave Broadway Roulette a try on one trip and that was fun too.
It was so much fun, it really got me hooked. Before that I hadn’t been to NYC in many years. We didn’t fly since it’s not so far for us. We took a school bus to Albany and then Amtrak from there. My mom and I will probably do the same except drive to Albany ourselves and leave car there. We were so lucky to see Dear Even Hansen with Benjamin Platt - such an incredible show.
Its been about 3 years since I did the school trips. Last year we tried going with a local group of people and we just went one day and saw one show and it wasn’t enough. So that’s why we are going on our own this time and planning on 2 or 3 nights,
I read about that Broadway Roulette - does sound fun too.
I pretty much love all musicals. The only show I saw in NYC that I didn’t love- was The Curious Incident of The Dog at night.
And it wasn’t a musical.

Good thought! I think we want the 6:45 show and maybe we will stand in the back for the 8pm. I'm "that mom" who goes to all my kid's performances. Three of my four kids are entertainers, whether dance, song or drama, and I've never, ever missed a single show (even when they had 4 shows of the same...). My youngest is the athlete and I go to every single practice and game. Anyways, I'll start checking what our best priced option is for the dining package!

I think this is a great idea especially since it is a Saturday night and Gary Sinise. We have seen CP 4 times and really enjoy it. We paid for the package the first time, but have stood in standby for the 8 pm show the other times. Hope you have a great trip!

Me too! I love theater, especially musicals! We started doing the Broadway show subscriber package a few years ago and haven't looked back. I've seen a fair amount of shows that I probably would not have normally seen and really enjoyed. I am very much looking forward to seeing Come From Away.

I keep hearing that it is very good. We get to see it in April and are looking forward to it.

We went to TKTS for the first time earlier this year and found it was a lot of fun to just see what was available and go with it. We were with friends and PlanePrincess stayed at the hotel while I went to stand in line to get the tix with one of our friends. When we came back and I showed the tix to PlanePrincess, he was like, "Do you mean to tell me you actually bought tickets to see a musical about King Kong?" The look on his face was priceless :rotfl2: By the end of the show we were all crying over a 20 ft tall puppet :sad:
I've done the TKTS line quite a few times, but not in some years. It used to take about an hour to get through the line. Is it still that much time or is it longer? It's probably the only way I'll do any NYC shows unless something comes along that I can't see in DC at some point.

We are going to see 'Come from Away' at the Kennedy Center over Xmas holidays. The convenience fee was a cool 30.52 and the KC sells them to you itself!! Plus $20 for advance parking, plus we got 3rd row orchestra seats because daughter paid and she did not want to sit in the $49 seats I picked out. I happily booked it on my card and will take it out of her checking with her permission of course. I want to see a comedy in Nov but I'll wait until I return from Disney to buy as the one I'm going to see won't sell out. Then 'My Fair Lady' is in January and anything to take the dull out of Washington Winter, please! I really love live performance.

I can't wait to see Come from Away, I love the soundtrack. Have tickets in Boston for Nov. :banana:

I can't wait to see Come from Away, I love the soundtrack. Have tickets in Boston for Nov. :banana:
It's part of our local season this year, and I am soooo excited for it. However, it's the last show in the season, so we have to wait until August. I went and saw the documentary You Are Here, a Come From Away Story on Wednesday. It was amazing.

Anyone been to Candlelight Processional? My dd17 is performing with her choir on 12/14 at two of the shows. Do we need to do the dinner package? I want to make sure we get good seats! Any help? We've only been to WDW once in Dec and we didn't go to see the CP so not sure what it's like.

We went for the first time last year around that same timeframe and saw Gary Sinise. I really enjoyed it, and it was worth getting the dining pkg so you don’t have to worry about whether you’ll get in or not. If you want seats towards the front definitely line up early. I couldn’t believe how early the dining package people lined up. We were towards the back of the line and I believe we still got there a good half hour early. Pretty cool that your daughter gets to do this. Something she won’t forget I’m sure!

I always book and then cancel the ones we don’t want closer to our trip. Beaches and cream, be our guest lunch, bon voyage (yes it’s character but the food is good), artist point (another character but worth it for the food and evil queen), hoop de doo, boma breakfast (I always want specific times that are popular)
I just booked 2 different BoG lunches :laughing:

I can only book the first 4 days of our trip because I have a split stay--DVC on points. I thought I'd be able to do all of it, alas.

Can someone who does this often tell me if this is normal??

I am simply poking around some websites for the Hilton Tokyo Bay from November 10- November 14 (this year... I am just looking to get an idea for next year).

4 nights for just a standard double room at 66,000 Hilton Honors Points is a total of 264,000 Hilton Honors points for the 4 nights.

Comparatively for the same room type, it would only be 15,280 Chase URs per night for a total of 73,721 Chase URs for the 4 nights.

This is the first time I've compared two "currencies" side by side. Does this seems normal to you all?

The forecast 5 days out still has it so far away. As a Floridian, I’m not going to check on it again for at least 7-10 days. Have a great trip!!

Thanks! Yeah, I'm keeping an eye on it, but I'm not immediately worried. Right now it's just saying it will be a tropical depression by the end of the week, but even then I know that could only create a minimal impact even if it's a direct hit on FL.

I am simply poking around some websites for the Hilton Tokyo Bay from November 10- November 14 (this year... I am just looking to get an idea for next year).

4 nights for just a standard double room at 66,000 Hilton Honors Points is a total of 264,000 Hilton Honors points for the 4 nights.

Comparatively for the same room type, it would only be 15,280 Chase URs per night for a total of 73,721 Chase URs for the 4 nights.

This is the first time I've compared two "currencies" side by side. Does this seems normal to you all?

Looks pretty normal to me. My room at Hilton Tokyo Bay for next June was 68k/night.

Looks pretty normal to me. My room at Hilton Tokyo Bay for next June was 68k/night.
Wow, ok thank you. I guess I am just surprised at the difference between the number of HH points needed vs the number of URs needed, for the exact same thing.

Yes, Hiltons cost a crap ton of Hilton points, it's ridiculous. Probably why it's so easy to earn them. :D

Wow, ok thank you. I guess I am just surprised at the difference between the number of HH points needed vs the number of URs needed, for the exact same thing.

Yeah, the UR price is definitely "better" in the sense that it's cheaper. However, you might place a higher value on those URs than on Hilton points. I don't mind burning the Hilton points since 70k URs means a lot more to me for future travel.

It's part of our local season this year, and I am soooo excited for it. However, it's the last show in the season, so we have to wait until August. I went and saw the documentary You Are Here, a Come From Away Story on Wednesday. It was amazing.
I enjoyed Come From Away. The structure of the show is interesting, and the cast playing all different parts was amazing. Its tough to tackle 9/11 as subject matter, and I thought the show did a really good job of capturing some of what that week was like.

That seems high for just a standard room. We booked a celebrio king ocean view room for 55k. It’s possible they have something going on at the hotel or near it November 10-14. I would check that. We were there for about a week and there were so many big groups that checked in and out. There was a huge college French group of athletes (who were horrible). Then a big group of school kids from japan (who were very respectful).

The reason we didn’t book through chase is because I couldn’t get a non refundable rate. I wanted to make sure I had a rate I could change if something cheaper popped up

I just looked at the website---I don't like the fact that they need to be hand washed with soap (I love that I can throw my various Rothy's into the washing machine!) And they don't have very many colors (yet, at least). Waterproofing would be awesome, though.

I'm trying to find waterproof Chelsea boots that fit my superhigh, awkward instep and arch. I've tried on, ordered, and returned so many boots in the past few months :sad:
why not just buy good insoles to stick in some boots?

Has anyone ever been to a PGA lounge at the airport? Looking at the one in Minneapolis specifically, not sure if there are more. It says you will get a $15 credit/person. Just wondering if everything is paid and nothing complimentary?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!