I love credit cards so much! v2.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here is a question for @calypso726 - When booking through through Virgin Atlantic using URs for travel on ANA (good grief I hope I got all that right), you mentioned earlier that you booked both your outbound and return flights FOR the same day and then went back and changed your return (with a nominal fee) after the date for the return flight opened up. (At least, I understood you to say that.. I could have it all wrong).

Are you doing this because you were concerned that there would not be any reward travel for your desired return date? I am not understanding where it's an advantage to already have a return (for the same day) that you then have to back and change, unless having a return somehow either guarantees or increases the chances of a reward flight being available for the return. If your desired date for the return isn't open yet, can you not just book a one way (outbound) for your desired date and then, 10 or 14 days or whatever after that, book a one way (return) for your desired date? Does it not work that way?

Does this even make sense? I'm sorry to be unclear, both in my understanding and my explanation of what I'm trying to ask... :guilty:

Last edited:
Well, I sent a payment on my Citi AA that shows it cleared my financial institution last night but it hadn't showed posted on the Citi account. The due date was TODAY and it's after 9pm here. So I did a payment through Citi (so now I've made two payments in identical amounts) just 30 minutes ago and it SAYS on the confirmation that they applied it today, but I also know they're not actually going to get the money out of my credit union for another couple days so I will likely be eating both a late charge AND interest.
Since you paid directly through the CC website and it is "dated" today, I think you may be ok with the late fee. I witnessed that happen one time with a relative when traveling. He completely forgot to pay a Citi CC bill (personal) and paid it directly with the bank. Amount immediately went to $0.00 due even though there was no way the money came out of the bank account.

Since you paid directly through the CC website and it is "dated" today, I think you may be ok with the late fee. I witnessed that happen one time with a relative when traveling. He completely forgot to pay a Citi CC bill (personal) and paid it directly with the bank. Amount immediately went to $0.00 due even though there was no way the money came out of the bank account.
Fingers crossed! Thanks for the DP! I shall hope for similar luck!

Here is a question for @calypso726 - When booking through through BA using URs for travel on ANA (good grief I hope I got all that right), you mentioned earlier that you booked both your outbound and return flights FOR the same day and then went back and changed your return (with a nominal fee) after the date for the return flight opened up. (At least, I understood you to say that.. I could have it all wrong).

Are you doing this because you were concerned that there would not be any reward travel for your desired return date? I am not understanding where it's an advantage to already have a return (for the same day) that you then have to back and change, unless having a return somehow either guarantees or increases the chances of a reward flight being available for the return. If your desired date for the return isn't open yet, can you not just book a one way (outbound) for your desired date and then, 10 or 14 days or whatever after that, book a one way (return) for your desired date? Does it not work that way?

Does this even make sense? I'm sorry to be unclear, both in my understanding and my explanation of what I'm trying to ask... :guilty:

BA using URs for travel on *JAL.

Testing adding a photo from my phone- I offered to take hotel photos for someone on the DL board and want to see if I have to drag my laptop along or not.

ETA: It worked! Super easy!

Attachments

• FFCBFB12-78FE-4559-A7E7-9CBCC7B73642.jpeg
    FFCBFB12-78FE-4559-A7E7-9CBCC7B73642.jpeg
    74.1 KB · Views: 15
Here is a question for @calypso726 - When booking through through Virgin Atlantic using URs for travel on ANA (good grief I hope I got all that right), you mentioned earlier that you booked both your outbound and return flights FOR the same day and then went back and changed your return (with a nominal fee) after the date for the return flight opened up. (At least, I understood you to say that.. I could have it all wrong).

First paragraph: Correct. :)

Second paragraph: Are you doing this because you were concerned that there would not be any reward travel for your desired return date?

It's not that I am concerned, it is that I am 99% certain the outing flights will no longer be there. If memory serves, within a day or two of booking my departure, all business class and first class award flights to Japan from IAD, JFK, IAH, ORD were gone. The last outgoing flights to be available were out of YVR and that only held for another day or two. If I had waited the additional two weeks for my return to be released there would be no outgoing flight for me anywhere and I would have had to go to plan B. As it happens, I had to go to plan B anyhow for my return flight. I never saw award availability in business or first for my return. So, I am coming back on JAL.

I am not understanding where it's an advantage to already have a return (for the same day) that you then have to back and change, unless having a return somehow either guarantees or increases the chances of a reward flight being available for the return.

It is to guarantee that I have an outbound flight.

If your desired date for the return isn't open yet, can you not just book a one way (outbound) for your desired date and then, 10 or 14 days or whatever after that, book a one way (return) for your desired date? Does it not work that way?

For many airlines, yes. Not for ANA bookings. You have to book RT flights. Now, it may be possible that you can book the one way using the full RT cost of miles but the agent I spoke to when booking said I had to have a RT flight if I wanted to change my return date to my real date. So, that is what I went with. Finding F space as a partner award on ANA is supposedly tough. I'm glad I managed it and am fine with it even if I don;t get the return for my real date.

BA using URs for travel on *JAL.

I used AA miles for my real return on JAL. But if UR is your only currency then that is a fair back up plan. Just wondering how many BA Avios it is for a JAL flight from the east coast since they are distance based.

I have a global entry/amex question. If DH adds DD as a gold AU on his platinum card, can she use that card to pay for my global entry if DH already used his platinum to pay for his?

I have a global entry/amex question. If DH adds DD as a gold AU on his platinum card, can she use that card to pay for my global entry if DH already used his platinum to pay for his?

Yes. The free gold AU gets the GE benefit. And like any other premium card that provides free GE, it doesn’t matter who it’s used for.

I know we have a lot of Target shoppers and the Debit card has been discussed a lot. Doc posted this intriguing offer

https://www.doctorofcredit.com/appl...t-and-get-50-off-100-shopping-trip-9-22-9-28/
I will admit, I already have both the debit and credit, BUT it could be interesting for anyone with multiple checking accounts. 🤣 When I applied years ago all you needed was a blank check to sign-up in store.

Wait! This will work? Game changer. It just so happens I have two checking accounts. Thank you!

UUUUUGHHH you guys... I need to schedule my payments on my new cards to hit much sooner than I have been! You might remember I was stressing out about the CIP payment posting in time (even though I used the exact same timing I have used for years with the CF)? I barely squeaked in on those even though my CF payment has always posted on the day it has cleared my financial institution.

Well, I sent a payment on my Citi AA that shows it cleared my financial institution last night but it hadn't showed posted on the Citi account. The due date was TODAY and it's after 9pm here. So I did a payment through Citi (so now I've made two payments in identical amounts) just 30 minutes ago and it SAYS on the confirmation that they applied it today, but I also know they're not actually going to get the money out of my credit union for another couple days so I will likely be eating both a late charge AND interest.

From now on I'm tempted to send a payment every time I make a purchase. (Not that I am making any additional purchases on this particular card).

In other news... @SouthFayetteFan , my son's school's football team is most definitely going have their first loss of the season tonight. The first four games (that they won) were all against really awful teams, and I heard our QB is out, possibly for the season, with a torn ACL. Well, it was fun while it lasted! Hope the kid is OK.
I’m not sure there’s a problem. I often see my balance remain the same on some cc, while the payment posts. Do you pay from the cc website or a bill pay service? Either should guarantee your payment “arrives” on the day you chose. You’d think in this electronic world everything would be instant but it generally takes a couple days to post. Only one I’ve had issue with was CIP and that was from my chase bank account to CIP account, and they reversed all the fees.

Does Bank of America have any rules about how often a sign up bonus can be received?
Looking at the Amtrak card for the nice bonus sign up.

UUUUUGHHH you guys... I need to schedule my payments on my new cards to hit much sooner than I have been! You might remember I was stressing out about the CIP payment posting in time (even though I used the exact same timing I have used for years with the CF)? I barely squeaked in on those even though my CF payment has always posted on the day it has cleared my financial institution.

From now on I'm tempted to send a payment every time I make a purchase. (Not that I am making any additional purchases on this particular card).

In other news... @SouthFayetteFan , my son's school's football team is most definitely going have their first loss of the season tonight. The first four games (that they won) were all against really awful teams, and I heard our QB is out, possibly for the season, with a torn ACL. Well, it was fun while it lasted! Hope the kid is OK.

Why not avoid the stress and do the payments through the CC site? I only use my banks billpay for my mortgage and it's because it's easier and a better site. Everything else I pay through whatever is due, CC, student loan etc. There's no worry because of how it's set up.

Can’t remember if someone asked here but Groupon has Costco membership for new members for $60 and it comes with a $20gc don’t forget to use a cashback portal.
you know..... the last time they had this deal I signed up thru the proper channels and never got that dang gc!!! And I never go in there either..... I just keep it b/c it's always the cheapest car rental....

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!