I love credit cards so much! v2.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, I am definitely going to have to look into that. I PREFER to have all my bills paid the same way (it's easier for me to see it all in one place), but I see that I may have to get out of my comfort zone if I am going to make this work and avoid some stress!

I think it's easier doing it through each cc page. I have to login to check charges, due date and how much I'm paying anyway :) And it'll be paid on the date you put even if it doesn't come out of your bank that day because they've set it to initiate the payment.

I've had a productive day of sorts:

- I got my Costco member card. They added a Visa at the card desk and said I should get all my Groupon freebies now.
- I reserved a hotel room at the CVG airport for the night before our flight to San Juan for our Disney cruise. I had to take a 6:25 a.m departure, gag me.
- Bagged a 10k I was supposed to run. Didn't feel like getting up at 3 a.m. No guilt.

Dang! Disneyland tix aren’t coming up when I search LMT Club. They are available on Undercover Tourist, which also codes as 3x UR travel on the CSR and will trigger the travel credit.
Speaking of DLR, I was checking prices for tix directly from Disney vs using TY points. Do DLR tickets have taxes already added? And no surge pricing? When I look at a 5 day hopper on Disneyland.com, I get $395, even if I get all the way to the payment screen (WDW adds taxes at that point) and I was never prompted to chose a date. On the TY points site, the same ticket is $449.

Speaking of DLR, I was checking prices for tix directly from Disney vs using TY points. Do DLR tickets have taxes already added? And no surge pricing? When I look at a 5 day hopper on Disneyland.com, I get $395, even if I get all the way to the payment screen (WDW adds taxes at that point) and I was never prompted to chose a date. On the TY points site, the same ticket is $449.

DLR tix aren’t taxed. So the price you see on the website or at the booth is the price you pay.

DLR single day tix are subject to peak and off peak pricing. Multi-day tix are not subject to peak and off peak pricing.

Anyone on here made the switch from Marriott to Hilton? I travel quite a bit for work, maybe 40-50 nights a year. I used to make up the other 25-35 nights needed for what is now Titanium with Marriott through having 2-3 of their co-branded cards, as you'd get 15 elite nights per card. Since they took that away last year, it looks like I'm going to be short this year. I'm lifetime Platinum, and they've also taken away the ability to get lifetime Titanium, so there's nothing else for me to do there. I guess I'm thinking this might be a good time to make the switch. I have Hilton Gold through the Amex biz. Anyone have any thoughts on this?

As an aside, I know a lot of you are fans of Hyatt, and I am interested in that but the place I travel to most for work doesn't have one, so it wouldn't do me much good right now.

Well, I just switched our Thanksgiving week reservation from Marriott to Hilton because Marriott wouldn't let me use points for the two most expensive nights of the stay.

I find it interesting that Marriott seems to have alienated the entire spectrum of customers, from occasional personal travelers to regular business travelers.

Chase isn’t sensitive to card closures like Amex. In other words, closing a card after one year shouldn’t hurt DH when he applies for other Chase cards. Nor will it affect his credit score because a CIP is an unreported biz card that doesn’t count towards AAoA.

Just send an SM under DH’s CIP account telling Chase that you’d like to close the card. No explanation needed. Chase allows you to close cards via SM.

I hesitate to advise what strategy may still be possible in a year.

Yes, Plastiq allows Amex as payment for tax bills under the “government” category.

Thanks so much. I'll give him some options and let him decide. If he wants to apply for a CIC maybe he can PC it to a CIU for a year, although it would be nice to have fewer cards, too. I hear you about not knowing what to expect in a year. I do like the 5x at office supply stores, too. And thanks regarding the taxes - P2 is considering trying to meet an MSR that way. So much for slowing down... :rolleyes1 We've blown so many URs in the past 2 months (and I have plans to spend a bunch more) and I think our relatively low balance is the cause for all of this. Meanwhile I'm considering being brave and applying for a CIP of my own.

It's been kind of dead around these parts post- Pop Tart madness. I guess other folks actually have stuff to do on the weekends. I spend my Saturdays cleaning and going to Menards with DH. :rolleyes2

I know! It's too quiet. I've been caught up for days and that never happens. Other than grocery shopping and an oh-so-exciting trip to Lowe's for some DGCs (the Amex emails already showed up saying we used the deals) it's been a pretty boring Saturday. :rolleyes1

Thanks so much. I'll give him some options and let him decide. If he wants to apply for a CIC maybe he can PC it to a CIU for a year, although it would be nice to have fewer cards, too. I hear you about not knowing what to expect in a year. I do like the 5x at office supply stores, too. And thanks regarding the taxes - P2 is considering trying to meet an MSR that way. So much for slowing down... :rolleyes1 We've blown so many URs in the past 2 months (and I have plans to spend a bunch more) and I think our relatively low balance is the cause for all of this. Meanwhile I'm considering being brave and applying for a CIP of my own.

Or PC to the CIC, since you value its categories, and the CIC and the CIU can support to a CIU for the 50k UR SUB and 15k UR support bonus.

A CIU can support to the CIU, but it cannot support to the CIC.

Or PC to the CIC, since you value its categories, and the CIC and the CIU can support to a CIU for the 50k UR SUB and 15k UR support bonus.

A CIU can support to the CIU, but it cannot support to the CIC.

Thank you. I had no idea it worked that way.

Ha sorry, read too quickly! All C9 clothes, and all C9 fitness equipment, so weights etc. And all Simple Balanced items. Yes, I LOVE that wellness discount, it's HUGE. Gonna be sad when she doesn't work there anymore someday.
Ooh didn’t know it applied to Simply Balanced also!! Yay 😃

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!