I love credit cards so much! v2.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wouldn't panic about the tamiflu...it's only supposed to shorten an illness by about 48 hours anyway...so not the wonder drug many people think it is...:rolleyes1

Lol, I don't know, DH got it last year and I was impressed by how well it worked. If I were to get the flu, I would definitely be picking it up for myself.

Haha, did the same thing this past May...booked an extra "free" trip since had AP and rooms were on points. We must have spent $1000 on food in 4 days! Also, sorry to hear about your wife's accident and glad to hear she and the kids are ok!!

Ugh, I am so sad this card went away. I missed out too because I was 6/24 but DH was able to get it. Hoping Barclay will bring it back or at least something similar. Look into Cap One Venture.

I've been super busy too and haven't had much time to spend here. I hope you feel better!!
Thank you! I’m feeling a little better today. I did get around 9 hours of sleep so that helped. I just have a slight headache and that’s about it

Happy 3,000 Pages everybody!!
We are totally on pace to beat our original thread (which generated 3,561 pages). That thread was alive for 2 1/2 years though! We started the new thread just a little over 2 weeks into this year!

They apparently don't give EXACT numbers on page views any more (I think the old DIS format did...) but we do know that the old thread generated 2million and we have already exceeded 2 million here as well so could we get to 3 million???

I thoroughly enjoy the CC chatter mixed in with the off topic fun that makes this the best little corner of the DISboards!! Thanks to everybody who contributes and reads! If you're lurking...get out of lurkdom and jump in!!

Also: Special shout-out to my DISchurners mod group: @Lain, @Albort, @gottalovepluto, @wendow, @miztressuz - Thanks for all the help guys!!

My entire family makes fun of me for taking airborne--they say there's no proof it has any effect. I say I don't care if it's scientifically sound; if the placebo effect keeps me from getting sick, I am 100% fine with that.

Well I'm the crazy Essential Oils person. And I can tell you, I'm a teacher and since we started them, I rarely get sick if ever anymore! Which is unheard of, LOL.

Thank you!! That’s all really good information. I didn’t know you couldn’t save URs to pay later if you directly booked with chase but it does make sense.

I’m wondering if you book through a TA that gives OBC and transfer to chase do you lose that OBC? I’m assuming yes?

Dh and I have to see how this first cruise goes but I kind of like the idea of cruising around to sightsee instead of traveling around Europe on our own

If you book through a TA, you'd have to get them to release the booking in order to transfer it to basically another TA (Chase/Expedia). And yes, you'd lose any perks they give. I imagine that would be an awkward conversation if they'd even agree.

Are there any cruise lines you can book with URs? I’m really entertaining the idea of a cruise instead of flying somewhere and touring. I’m mainly thinking of somewhere in Europe.
All of the major ones except DCL. I currently have my RCCL reservation with them that needs to be paid off in Dec. You can either book direct with them or transfer a reservation. I had booked mine through RCCL and then transferred.

Last edited:

Okay cool thanks. I’ve also seen people mention switching their cruise over to chase. What’s the reasoning behind this?

There’s not a cruise section on reddit right?
I did this with my RCCL March 2020 cruise because I wanted to use my Arrival + to erase the deposit and then transferred so I could use points for the balance. If you book direct you have to pay in full at that time since you only get one shot to use URs. I had to push for a “waiver” to not PIF when I transferred. It seemed ridiculous to have to PIF in June when RCCL doesn’t require it until Dec so I pushed back. I had the books but I didn’t want to see a sad balance.

Okay great thank you! We may end up saving our URs for a cruise then. I think going to Norway sounds amazing.

Norway is amazing! Seriously beautiful if you like nature, and cruising there usually means you have gorgeous views as you sail into the ports, too.

Dh and I have to see how this first cruise goes but I kind of like the idea of cruising around to sightsee instead of traveling around Europe on our own

Decide after that first cruise, but also know that it's really different when you do a cruise for the destination. Even the vibe and the pacing of the trip are different. I will say that I think it's a great way to see certain places in Europe and we had such a great time that we are going to do it again. And it's so much easier to plan than land/air trips to Europe - I've done that, too. Of course it depends on what you want to see, but it was nice not having to pack and unpack all the time. We're taking a DCL cruise next summer, because we like the ship and find it fun, but the cruise line is definitely less important when you are using the ship as a hotel/transport and spending your days touring.

Question on using Chase UR's for flights. No one may be able to answer this, I probably have to ask Delta directly. I am looking at lie flat seats, non stop flight. Chase portal say there are no first class flights available, but when I change to business class the flight I want shows up. The price is the exact same as the Delta One seats on Delta's website, and Delta does not show an option for business class. Do you think it's safe to assume this is the Delta One seats on the Chase portal?

I would be so happy with those positions. I think the best we have gotten lately is in the B30s at exactly 24 hours. And the last time we got B30s we almost didn't get to sit together. I had never seen so many family boarding, seemed like half the plane. This was to Denver.
I know first world problems. I am not really upset but I was thinking a 6:40 am flight would not be popular. Maybe everyone else paid for EB so they didn't have to worry about early morning check in. I was already up for work so not a big deal.

For a flight we had to Seattle that connected through Denver, for our second flight we had high Bs (30 or 40 can't remember). We were in the next to last row of the plane. We needed 3 then. This time it is just DS and me so I don't have a big worry and even if we don't sit together, we're both adults! I just wanted to fall asleep by/on someone I knew vs a stranger :rotfl2:

Never for me...

The one year I considered it, my employer was covering the cost... it was a vet clinic and it basically came down to they could pick a time when everyone but one person was there - either me or another guy. They went with when I wasn't there - what annoyed me mainly is they didn't say anything and that I only lived 5 mins away and could have easily run by that morning then come for my shift that afternoon, the other guy lived way farther away anyways 😠 Instead I just came in for my shift and everyone was talking about getting them.

Ok, that is first for me! I assume this is veterinary and not veteran.

My last flu shot was the last week of September! I feel lucky. My company gives the shots for free right here in the building. I don't have to worry about going anywhere. I have gotten one for the last 15+ years this way. I am definitely pro flu shot. Can't convince DH though. He says he had a reaction/got sick one time after the shot and won't do it again.

Question on using Chase UR's for flights. No one may be able to answer this, I probably have to ask Delta directly. I am looking at lie flat seats, non stop flight. Chase portal say there are no first class flights available, but when I change to business class the flight I want shows up. The price is the exact same as the Delta One seats on Delta's website, and Delta does not show an option for business class. Do you think it's safe to assume this is the Delta One seats on the Chase portal?

Chase UR is Expedia run and not every flight on Delta shows up for the same price on Chase - especially overseas flights. My bet for your flight is it a KLM flight? KLM has business class. You can do a mock booking and it should let you pick seats - and then you can find out what type of seats they are.

Also want to know about this. Not sure if DH has gotten the emails, need to ask. I met spend on his Hilton Surpass on 9/18 though, so it may be too early for the FN to be there.

it took several months to get the free night certificate after minimum spend met. The $250 resort credit is immediate; the free night takes a while. Quite confusing.

A new Plastiq Promo has been reported:
1.5% promo rate on up to three payments of $10K or less each between 10/8 and 10/27

I saw this on Reddit. I haven't received it personally yet but many times these roll out over a number of days. If anybody receives this promo (or any other Plastiq Promo) please share here so others can be on the lookout for it!

Also - to those that mentioned it the other day, I still haven't received my FFDs from last month's promo either but their fine print deadline to post said 10/15.
I see this on DH's email. I don't have it (yet?).

Proud flu shot taker here! I’m all about that herd immunity and doing what I can to protect the vulnerable. We get them free since I work for a hospital system and kids are covered through insurance. That said, I’m equally into complimentary methods too. I started taking a combo of lysine, zinc, and vit c when I get a hint of a cold and it seems to shorten and weaken the virus quite a bit. My husband refers to this as the lysine contingency :) Bonus points if you know that reference.

I have to go for a checkup at the doctor next week and I know she's going to give me hell about getting a flu shot. I'm not an anti-vaxxer by any means, but after getting a terrible flu for the third year in a row with the flu shot, I swore it off. My doctor also won't prescribe Tamiflu to anyone for some bizarre reason though. I was glad she told me that in passing, because at least I know if I do get it, I'll just go to Better Med and get them to write it.
I get it every year, never had it but one son gets it often. He’s had it in Spain, Legoland, and Disney and the Tamiflu doesn’t seem to help. It doesn’t get full blown horrible but he’s not a happy camper. Another son had the flu last week and it lasted only 24 hours. Both of them get the shot.

Well I'm the crazy Essential Oils person. And I can tell you, I'm a teacher and since we started them, I rarely get sick if ever anymore! Which is unheard of, LOL.

I'm curious which oils you use. I used to believe that things like supplements and essential oils were not "real medicine" but then a few years ago my opthalmologist recommended krill oil for an eye condition and I can absolutely tell that it works, so now I am much more open to those things.

Chase UR is Expedia run and not every flight on Delta shows up for the same price on Chase - especially overseas flights. My bet for your flight is it a KLM flight? KLM has business class. You can do a mock booking and it should let you pick seats - and then you can find out what type of seats they are.
No it's not a KLM flight, it's Delta to Hawaii. And it's the same flight number as on Deltas website.

Where is the flight? DL really only flies first class products in the continental US for the most part ( no first class overseas although it’s called DL One which isn’t confusing at all). Its biz seats are lie flat but to make sure I’d write down the flight numbers and do a dummy booking on delta dot com to endure what Chase is showing you is available.

ETA- I just played around with delta’s website and they tend to use first class to HI so I’d be confused too😕 You might do best to call.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!