I love credit cards so much! v2.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmmm interesting! If Top Cash Back was increased I would say it was a no brainer, but is it really worth much more than BJs 6%?

Say you purchase $500...

Raise 5% = $475. Then 2% back is $9.50 that will take weeks. Total is $465.5
BJs 6% = $470. Could attempt with a portal (no guarantee). Total is $470

Is it worth the small difference (0.9% on the dollar) to purchase a resale gift card rather than directly with BJs? Digital is nice, but there is always the risk with Raise that it could be depleted or stolen/fraudulent whereas BJs would probably safer for stocking up for later use. Just a thought!

BUT as I previously mentioned, if there was a high cash back portal I would be all over this and using it for my room deposit LOL
You make a very interesting point...I could just join BJs, forego the offers on my other CIPs (since those don't help with my MSR) and just purchase at 6% off (plus the 19% on my CIP). Based on how the math actually works it would be 24% (as you calculated so a 0.9% difference).

How long is this 6% going at BJs? What is the normal discount there when they aren't doing 6%?

You make a very interesting point...I could just join BJs, forego the offers on my other CIPs (since those don't help with my MSR) and just purchase at 6% off (plus the 19% on my CIP). Based on how the math actually works it would be 24% (as you calculated so a 0.9% difference).

How long is this 6% going at BJs? What is the normal discount there when they aren't doing 6%?
BJs slightly varies by denomination purchased, but the highest is normally 4% off which is why it comes close to the Target REDcard deal. BJs just allows you to use MSR or stack on any bonus categories a regular CC may have.

The 6% sale actually ends today, 12/2!

BJs slightly varies by denomination purchased, but the highest is normally 4% off which is why it comes close to the Target REDcard deal. BJs just allows you to use MSR or stack on any bonus categories a regular CC may have.

The 6% sale actually ends today, 12/2!
Thanks for the insight. That 4% is still intriguing as a fallback. I'm not going to pull the trigger on anything right now because the additional 2% isn't much $ in the grand scheme of things. This gives me 2 fallback options between waiting for my fuel perk period to reset AND/OR going the BJs route...

Thanks for the insight. That 4% is still intriguing as a fallback. I'm not going to pull the trigger on anything right now because the additional 2% isn't much $ in the grand scheme of things. This gives me 2 fallback options between waiting for my fuel perk period to reset AND/OR going the BJs route...
Definitely something nice to keep in your back pocket! Fingers crossed Top Cash Back gets it together later today. lol

I am, but waiting until 14 days because their site says it can take that long. I legit made 3 purchases over $150 and can’t help BJs split the shipments. Also I have no “advanced strategies” on my accounts so have no reason to fear eyes on my account unless they ask if they were GCs, then I won’t lie and I’ll have to suck it up.
I have had zero luck getting credit for split shipments - admittedly, I didn't press very hard, but I've always gotten an email back saying there is nothing they can do. I hope you get a different result!

giphy.gif

Ebates/Rakuten is offering 20% back at eBags to kick off Cyber Monday right now!

Don’t forget there’s an Amex Offer for eBags.com - Spend $125 or more, get $25 back - Get a one-time $25 statement credit by using your enrolled Card to spend a minimum of $125+ in one or more transactions online at ebags.com by 12/31/2019. (There may be a Membership Rewards Points version of this offer.)

Harry & David is also at 20% back on Ebates/Rakuten.

Stack with the following Amex Offers, and don’t forget free shipping with ShopRunner if you have an Amex card (ShopRunner may not combine with promo codes).

HarryandDavid.com - Spend $75 or more, get $20 back (or 2,000 Membership Rewards Points) - Get a one-time $20 statement credit (or 2,000 Membership Rewards Points) by using your enrolled Card to spend a minimum of $75 in one or more transactions online at HarryandDavid.com by 12/31/2019. Offer valid online only at harryanddavid.com, 1800flowers.com, cheryls.com, thepopcornfactory.com, 1800baskets.com, fruitbouquets.com, wolfermans.com, stockyards.com, Personalization.com, SimplyChocolate.com, and Goodsey.com. Excludes e-gift card purchases and transactions made via Floriology.com, Thinkflorist.com, Bloom.net, NAPCO, NapcoImports.com, and Bayberryroad.com.

HarryandDavid.com - Get 10% back on purchases - Get 10% back as a statement credit by using your enrolled Card to make purchases online at HarryandDavid.com by 12/31/2019. Offer valid online only at harryanddavid.com, 1800flowers.com, cheryls.com, thepopcornfactory.com, 1800baskets.com, fruitbouquets.com, wolfermans.com, stockyards.com, Personalization.com, SimplyChocolate.com, and Goodsey.com. Excludes e-gift card purchases and transactions made via Floriology.com, Thinkflorist.com, Bloom.net, NAPCO, NapcoImports.com, and Bayberryroad.com.

Got the $299.99 coat I’d been wanting to buy for DD for $209 plus used the Amex offer so 38% off plus 4180 MRs so depending on how you value them, easily another $42 off (using points/miles math 😜). Anyway, I’m happy with my purchase!

I need help, I need to cancel DH's spring break AA ticket. We booked one-way tickets for the 4 of us before DH got this new job, now he can't go with us. I just got an email from AA saying that our return flight changed, the second leg went from 4:50PM departure to 3:15PM is that enough to qualify for the free cancellation?
Paging @calypso726

Just bought my USO tickets with UR points for our preChristmas trip :santa:

Says I need to pick up my tix at will call - can I do that at our hotel? And I'm planning to convert them to APs - do I need to do that at the park or can I do that at the hotel too?
You may recall my whole UR for Universal ticket saga with my sister picking up the tickets. She was able to do this at the hotel so I can confirm that :)

I can’t help with the whole upgrading to APs thing though.

I need help, I need to cancel DH's spring break AA ticket. We booked one-way tickets for the 4 of us before DH got this new job, now he can't go with us. I just got an email from AA saying that our return flight changed, the second leg went from 4:50PM departure to 3:15PM is that enough to qualify for the free cancellation?
Paging @calypso726
Should be fully refundable if the change is ver 61 minutes.

I've got to catch up here after a really busy week..... I'm just whining for quick minute about a cruise I had decided on..... last week when I checked it was at 499 pp,and for todays cyber monday deals it's now at 599 pp and no discounted extra peeps deal! :sad: I'm leaving it alone until it drops again to what I want, I think this is a ridiculous price hike so they can offer a 'cyber Monday' sale bleh. I'm foolish for waiting to book I know. I think it's ways out so it;ll drop again.

Last edited:
I've been trying to decide whether to use URs to book our Christmas Kauai excursions, but this morning Expedia had 25% off Things To Do and Rakuten had 15% back on Expedia Things To Do so I booked our Napali Coast Zodiac Tour! Now I just need to decide whether to book our Luau using points or use another Expedia account and use cash. Has anyone been to a Luau on Kauai? Smith's Family Luau is sold out for the dates we want. I can book Luau Kalamaku or Auli'i Luau (or Hawaii Alive Luau which would be the most convenient since it's at the Marriott where we are staying, but it gets terrible reviews) on Expedia or URs.

You may recall my whole UR for Universal ticket saga with my sister picking up the tickets. She was able to do this at the hotel so I can confirm that :)

I can’t help with the whole upgrading to APs thing though.
Of course. Now I remember. I think you have to upgrade APs at the park, but can't remember who said that. Or if I'm making it up. I figure we might as well do the upgrade because it won't cost much more than our 3 day park hoppers, and we didn't plan to be back this year, but here we are going again. I figure the chances of the stars aligning and at least some of us winding up at Universal again within a year are pretty good, so this time I'm going to upgrade.

Got the $299.99 coat I’d been wanting to buy for DD for $209 plus used the Amex offer so 38% off plus 4180 MRs so depending on how you value them, easily another $42 off (using points/miles math 😜). Anyway, I’m happy with my purchase!
That's great. My son wanted an expensive coat too, its nice when you can get a discount!

I've been trying to decide whether to use URs to book our Christmas Kauai excursions, but this morning Expedia had 25% off Things To Do and Rakuten had 15% back on Expedia Things To Do so I booked our Napali Coast Zodiac Tour! Now I just need to decide whether to book our Luau using points or use another Expedia account and use cash. Has anyone been to a Luau on Kauai? Smith's Family Luau is sold out for the dates we want. I can book Luau Kalamaku or Auli'i Luau (or Hawaii Alive Luau which would be the most convenient since it's at the Marriott where we are staying, but it gets terrible reviews) on Expedia or URs.
I can't believe I didn't bother to check cash back monitor! I booked a couple of things for Aruba. Oh well, I don't want to bother with cancelling and rebooking.

Hi Apple experts (@PolyRob for one) - Any advice on buying a new iphone X without a new contract.
Buying for my father who has an iphone 5 that was my brother's old phone, he's on my brother's plan already and we'd like to get him a new X. Just not sure the most cost effective way to do it. Really don't even know where to start, but thought Cyber Monday might be a good day for it??
Thanks for any tips anyone might have.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!