I love credit cards so much! v2.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Of course. Now I remember. I think you have to upgrade APs at the park, but can't remember who said that. Or if I'm making it up. I figure we might as well do the upgrade because it won't cost much more than our 3 day park hoppers, and we didn't plan to be back this year, but here we are going again. I figure the chances of the stars aligning and at least some of us winding up at Universal again within a year are pretty good, so this time I'm going to upgrade.

We also picked up our tickets purchased with UR’s at Hard Rock Hotel this past August. Not sure if you can upgrade them at the hotel as we did the upgrade in the park. We upgraded to the lowest tier seasonal pass for a little over $20 a person. It was a fantastic deal if you can work your next trip around the black out dates!

I saw this and was like, who doesn't already have Disney+? 🤣

I forgot we had a lot of holdouts that were considering it now! Seems like a decent offer and you only have to agree to 1 year.

I'm a hold out. But kids were actually asking for it. Grrrr All these stupid streaming services add up. Is this for a single screen? Or will DD be able to use it at school? Haven't looked into it very much.

Somewhat off topic, but I think there's a few here that have done this. Is it easy to switch a Disney deposit from a CC to a DGC?
When we made the room only reservation I made a few since we didn't know our exact dates. I didn't have enough on GC to cover all the deposits so I held them with my CSR. Ideally I'd like to have the whole trip paid with GCs so I hope I can just call Disney and they can swap? (booked direct on the website, no TAs). No craziness like having to "rebook" or something?

Probably the X. Might have to look at the 11, if the X would be hard to find. Was just thinking the cost on the X would be less.
I want to pay outright for it rather than have it go on the bill in monthly installments.
In some ways it makes it easier knowing there are no good deals, I won’t worry as much that I missed out on a bargain.
Yeah, the X is sadly limited to whatever is leftover. Apple doesn't offer it anymore, but resellers may if they still have some inventory. The XR is basically last year's 11 and I know Apple is offering a $50 Apple gift card with it. Not sure if you would use that or if it is worth it to you.

I don't think you need to worry about missing out on a deal. I don't want to make a blanket statement, but I really don't think you will find many deals without the device payment plans through a carrier. Those are even rare, but pop up for the holidays. Most day-to-day deals seem to be new line activations, unlimited data, and payment plan. So silly! 😔

Does anyone have any good idea for pink and blue snacks for a gender reveal?

We were going to do blue and pink ice cream, but it looks like finding blue ice cream might be more difficult than I originally thought. The only for sure things I have planned are blue and red Doritos, SIL is making a cake, and we wanted to do M&Ms. I was hoping to get things that are already colored because we won't have any time to make stuff around Christmas time. I thought cotton candy or popcorn might be good options.

Do you have any grocery stores around with bulk food options? They might have pink or blue jelly beans.

Also maybe blue berry and strawberry yogurt parfaits? Or sodas? Like a blue raspberry soda and some sort of pink juice?

I'm a hold out. But kids were actually asking for it. Grrrr All these stupid streaming services add up. Is this for a single screen? Or will DD be able to use it at school? Haven't looked into it very much.
Same Disney+ free with VZW, or paid for the with 3 year D23 promo. You can have 7 profiles within the account and stream 4 screens at the same time. You can also have off-line content saved on up to 10 devices :thumbsup2

Using at school is something I am not sure of. It seems fine right now, but IDK what Disney will consider "password sharing." DD is part of your household/family, but Disney can definitely track the locations we stream from. IDK if it will crack down? There are a ton of rumors/junk articles out there and I sadly don't have a solid answer. I haven't shared mine with my family yet and I feel bad 😔

Slice works by monitoring your email and catching all emails with shipping information, regardless of carrier. You can also manually edit and add items as well as give them nicknames.

Here's a snapshot of what it looks like.

View attachment 456130
Ohhh I like it! Very streamlined!! This would be helpful for a compulsive online shopper. Not that I know anyone like that :rolleyes1

Does Chase still allow you to RAF from a CIC to a CIU? I was able to generate a link using DH's CIC but I thought I'd check here first to make sure that's still a thing. Don't want to make Chase mad lol.
Yep, I got an email recently advertising it still. It's not a glitch or loophole for CIC holders. Supporter gets $150 (15000 UR) still too.

Probably the X. Might have to look at the 11, if the X would be hard to find. Was just thinking the cost on the X would be less.
I want to pay outright for it rather than have it go on the bill in monthly installments.
In some ways it makes it easier knowing there are no good deals, I won’t worry as much that I missed out on a bargain.
I just spent the past couple of weeks trying to find a good deal on a new XR. Ultimately there were no great deals that allowed me to buy the phone outright. Standard price for the one I wanted was $650 across the board. In the end I gave in and upgraded through Verizon. Saved $100, but this is the first time I’ve ever made payments on my phone ☹️ Like @PolyRob said the only “deals” seem to be in installment plans, or switching carriers. There are “renewed” iPhones on Amazon that are definitely the cheapest I’ve found. So you may want to see if that interests you. After all my research if I were going to pay cash I would have gone to Apple directly.

I just spent the past couple of weeks trying to find a good deal on a new XR. Ultimately there were no great deals that allowed me to buy the phone outright. Standard price for the one I wanted was $650 across the board. In the end I gave in and upgraded through Verizon. Saved $100, but this is the first time I’ve ever made payments on my phone ☹ Like @PolyRob said the only “deals” seem to be in installment plans, or switching carriers. There are “renewed” iPhones on Amazon that are definitely the cheapest I’ve found. So you may want to see if that interests you. After all my research if I were going to pay cash I would have gone to Apple directly.
Apple is usually my go-to as well. Pretty effortless and it has offered the highest trade-ins lately. Congrats on the new iPhone :love:

Last edited:
Do you have any grocery stores around with bulk food options? They might have pink or blue jelly beans.

Also maybe blue berry and strawberry yogurt parfaits? Or sodas? Like a blue raspberry soda and some sort of pink juice?
We’ll be with my parents but I think sams club is around there somewhere. We’re doing m&ms so I’m not sure if we’ll do the jelly beans. I like the blue and pink drinks! We could do blue koolaid and pink lemonade or something like that. I’ve never made yogurt parfaits. I just realized we could just do pink and blue sprinkles and people can pick their color. That way we only have to buy vanilla ice cream

We’ll be with my parents but I think sams club is around there somewhere. We’re doing m&ms so I’m not sure if we’ll do the jelly beans. I like the blue and pink drinks! We could do blue koolaid and pink lemonade or something like that. I’ve never made yogurt parfaits. I just realized we could just do pink and blue sprinkles and people can pick their color. That way we only have to buy vanilla ice cream

Stupid question, but how does this reveal the gender? Or is the theme just pink and blue and you reveal the gender another way?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!