I love credit cards so much! v2.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just bought my USO tickets with UR points for our preChristmas trip :santa:

Says I need to pick up my tix at will call - can I do that at our hotel? And I'm planning to convert them to APs - do I need to do that at the park or can I do that at the hotel too?

We converted our tickets to AP’s at the Portofino Bay Hotel on our trip last January. It was super easy and the cost came to only $86 (2 adult tickets and 3 under 10 tickets). They gave us the exchange as though we bought the tickets from Universal even though we bought them on discount from Undercover Tourist.

Somewhat off topic, but I think there's a few here that have done this. Is it easy to switch a Disney deposit from a CC to a DGC?
When we made the room only reservation I made a few since we didn't know our exact dates. I didn't have enough on GC to cover all the deposits so I held them with my CSR. Ideally I'd like to have the whole trip paid with GCs so I hope I can just call Disney and they can swap? (booked direct on the website, no TAs). No craziness like having to "rebook" or something?
I've done this numerous times. It seems very easy for them to do... The biggest problem is always convincing them to actually do it. Most CMs I've talked to can't seem to comprehend why I'm doing it... They're like, "why don't you just make another payment on it". Sometimes I've had to reiterate 3-4 times to get them to understand why I want the CC refunded, LOL!

Has anybody opened a US Bank account recently and had luck with deposits other than payroll DD? I see on DoC there are DPs indicating I could transfer money from Chase, but having never done it, I want to be sure I know what I’m doing. The less I ask my HR dept to change my DD the better :-) Thanks!

Raise Promo for Cyber Monday = 5%; No increase from TCB so just an additional 2%. I'm debating... 🤔 🤔 🤔

(stacking this with my CIP MSR gets me 24.9% off net...)

EDIT: Anybody ever use Mr. Rebates? I see they are at 5% on Raise.com but I've never used them and the site looks much more sketchy than TopCashBack and Ebates (I refuse to call it Rakuten).
Top Cash Back moved to 4% this morning. Combine that with the Raise 5% promo (up to $15). Optimal Purchase is a $300 Disney Gift Card which nets you an all-in savings of 9.2% before you factor in whatever MSR you're working on.

For me that was a CIP cross-support MSR so I'm looking at 27.3% savings all-in and happily just bought $300 on my account and my wife's account. It's not necessarily the best but my final pmt for our Jan trip is due in 3 weeks and I'm also getting a little tired of counting pennies here. I'll take what I can get to knock out a chunk of my remaining GC needs!

I've got to catch up here after a really busy week..... I'm just whining for quick minute about a cruise I had decided on..... last week when I checked it was at 499 pp,and for todays cyber monday deals it's now at 599 pp and no discounted extra peeps deal! :sad: I'm leaving it alone until it drops again to what I want, I think this is a ridiculous price hike so they can offer a 'cyber Monday' sale bleh. I'm foolish for waiting to book I know. I think it's ways out so it;ll drop again.
...And I decided to quit whining for the day. I did some searching, and found a deal using a mariner # that Carnival had given me.... got the cruise I wanted, I saw this am there were 4 cabins left that I was looking at, about an hour ago there were either 2 or 3 depending on what the click showed.... I called Chase (first time!) and got a lovely Rep that found my cruise at the price I was looking at! (117,xxx UR!) She booked my cabin,and after I got off phone I went back to site to look,and the only cabin left in my chosen category was $100 higher.... I'm doing a silent happy dance here! So cruise (which may not sound exciting to some,but I'm super thrilled) is 12 days,Panama canal,departs NYC (not too far from me!) and ends in Fort Lauderdale (an easy flight home!) I'm soooooooo excited...this won't even happen until Oct 2020....(but DH gave the ok ONLY with that much planning ahead) I can't believe I did it! Thank you to all on here who give great cc advice and otherwise..... the base 'cost' is $499 per person..... how could I say no to that?!?:cool1::banana::beach:

oh, one more cruise question- I'd like to buy insurance,beyond what CSR provides ( I should,right?) and need a nudge in the right direction for this,I can't recall what I used on my first cruise a few years back

There is a blog that lists which banks allow what kinds of deposits for the bonuses to credit (I'm not sure if I'm allowed to post the site).

A few weeks ago I opened a TD account ($300.00 bonus) because DPs indicated that a transfer from Chase would trigger the bonus. I did a few transfers but haven't checked to see if the bonus credit yet.

There is a blog that lists which banks allow what kinds of deposits for the bonuses to credit (I'm not sure if I'm allowed to post the site).

A few weeks ago I opened a TD account ($300.00 bonus) because DPs indicated that a transfer from Chase would trigger the bonus. I did a few transfers but haven't checked to see if the bonus credit yet.
I assume you're talking about DoctorOfCredit? Or is some other site? Either would be fine to share here on this thread, I don't believe there's anything sensitive about that information :)

If your trip is under $20,000.00 you may not need to purchase insurance (insurance through the CSR is pretty robust). I have purchased insurance to cover the cost above $20,000.00 in the past or when I need a high medical evacuation limit (for Antarctica and the Arctic).

Probably the X. Might have to look at the 11, if the X would be hard to find. Was just thinking the cost on the X would be less.
I want to pay outright for it rather than have it go on the bill in monthly installments.
In some ways it makes it easier knowing there are no good deals, I won’t worry as much that I missed out on a bargain.

Most times there is not a penalty to pay off early. So get any deals you can find. Sign up for a 24 month contract and then go pay it off early. We have done this many times. Just make sure to ask about any penalties for paying off early.

Does anyone have any good idea for pink and blue snacks for a gender reveal?

We were going to do blue and pink ice cream, but it looks like finding blue ice cream might be more difficult than I originally thought. The only for sure things I have planned are blue and red Doritos, SIL is making a cake, and we wanted to do M&Ms. I was hoping to get things that are already colored because we won't have any time to make stuff around Christmas time. I thought cotton candy or popcorn might be good options.

Baskin Robbins has daquiri ice which is blue. :)

I always buy my iPhones without a new contract. I like the freedom and owning outright because I always trade them back in early. The only issue is that there are rarely any deals. Most deals require a "qualified activation" which includes the monthly payment plan and agreeing to a 2-year contract.

A new X may also be a little harder to find nowadays. Are you interested in an X or an XR?

Same. The deal AT&T offered was with a contract and DH and I can't seem to go through with it. I want a good deal on one without any conditions.

Same Disney+ free with VZW, or paid for the with 3 year D23 promo. You can have 7 profiles within the account and stream 4 screens at the same time. You can also have off-line content saved on up to 10 devices :thumbsup2

Using at school is something I am not sure of. It seems fine right now, but IDK what Disney will consider "password sharing." DD is part of your household/family, but Disney can definitely track the locations we stream from. IDK if it will crack down? There are a ton of rumors/junk articles out there and I sadly don't have a solid answer. I haven't shared mine with my family yet and I feel bad 😔
Dd at college many states away has no problem signing into our account. Ds who lives in a different state also uses the account.
...And I decided to quit whining for the day. I did some searching, and found a deal using a mariner # that Carnival had given me.... got the cruise I wanted, I saw this am there were 4 cabins left that I was looking at, about an hour ago there were either 2 or 3 depending on what the click showed.... I called Chase (first time!) and got a lovely Rep that found my cruise at the price I was looking at! (117,xxx UR!) She booked my cabin,and after I got off phone I went back to site to look,and the only cabin left in my chosen category was $100 higher.... I'm doing a silent happy dance here! So cruise (which may not sound exciting to some,but I'm super thrilled) is 12 days,Panama canal,departs NYC (not too far from me!) and ends in Fort Lauderdale (an easy flight home!) I'm soooooooo excited...this won't even happen until Oct 2020....(but DH gave the ok ONLY with that much planning ahead) I can't believe I did it! Thank you to all on here who give great cc advice and otherwise..... the base 'cost' is $499 per person..... how could I say no to that?!?:cool1::banana::beach:
That sounds like an awesome cruise! Is this on a Carnival ship?
I use Insure My Trip (.com).
same

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!