I love credit cards so much! v2.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anybody opened a US Bank account recently and had luck with deposits other than payroll DD? I see on DoC there are DPs indicating I could transfer money from Chase, but having never done it, I want to be sure I know what I’m doing. The less I ask my HR dept to change my DD the better :-) Thanks!

I opened a US Bank acct early September and my Serve transfers worked as a DD.

Has anybody opened a US Bank account recently and had luck with deposits other than payroll DD? I see on DoC there are DPs indicating I could transfer money from Chase, but having never done it, I want to be sure I know what I’m doing. The less I ask my HR dept to change my DD the better :-) Thanks!
I didn’t do a push from Chase, but I did do Capital One 360 and it went through as a DD. The bonus posted about a month later. So depending on the requirements you may have time to try a different DD if Chase doesn’t work.

My new card was in the mail today! Always exciting!

Off topic and if you may be a little squeamish skip this Thanksgiving morning I woke up to my cat acting funny, hyper vigilant by the stove, he can be weird so I didn't think much of it, turned on the stove to preheat and saw a small mouse run out. Since I worked I had a friend pick up a few cat safe mouse traps which have been loaded around the kitchen since that time. I picked up some sticky traps which are down as well. So far no luck and I haven't visualized the beast since. There is a small gap between my dishwasher and cabinets less than 1/2 inch, my vacuum attachment won't even fit in between as that is where I found the majority of it's droppings. I tried to clean between there tonight and only can get the closest 2 inches, was hoping to clean up the droppings so I could tell if there were new ones. My dishwasher is screwed into the counter above it so not easy to pull it out. Any advice to get that cleaned up and catch this thing? I mean other than setting my house on fire or selling it (I've considered both so far). Super frustrated, my house is 100+years old so pretty expected in the midwest to deal with them at some point. I've been here two years and this is the first one. My cat has to have food out all the time and he tips his food bowl over so completely removing the food source is impossible as is poison for his safety. Thanks!

edit trying to add the spoiler function but failing.

I didn’t do a push from Chase, but I did do Capital One 360 and it went through as a DD. The bonus posted about a month later. So depending on the requirements you may have time to try a different DD if Chase doesn’t work.
Thanks! I might be in luck then!

Off topic and if you may be a little squeamish skip this Thanksgiving morning I woke up to my cat acting funny, hyper vigilant by the stove, he can be weird so I didn't think much of it, turned on the stove to preheat and saw a small mouse run out. Since I worked I had a friend pick up a few cat safe mouse traps which have been loaded around the kitchen since that time. I picked up some sticky traps which are down as well. So far no luck and I haven't visualized the beast since. There is a small gap between my dishwasher and cabinets less than 1/2 inch, my vacuum attachment won't even fit in between as that is where I found the majority of it's droppings. I tried to clean between there tonight and only can get the closest 2 inches, was hoping to clean up the droppings so I could tell if there were new ones. My dishwasher is screwed into the counter above it so not easy to pull it out. Any advice to get that cleaned up and catch this thing? I mean other than setting my house on fire or selling it (I've considered both so far). Super frustrated, my house is 100+years old so pretty expected in the midwest to deal with them at some point. I've been here two years and this is the first one. My cat has to have food out all the time and he tips his food bowl over so completely removing the food source is impossible as is poison for his safety. Thanks!

I’ve only had a mouse once. I used this trap with a small amount of peanut butter on a cracker.
https://www.amazon.com/Mice-Cube-Hu...f978cafd783b53b0def10397761062&language=en_US

So this is probably a stupid question but I am planning an Apple Store purchase tonight and decided to check the Chase portal to see if there was any reason to use a Chase card instead of my Amex card. It says 1PTS/$1 bonus earn. Is that just the same as you would get on the card even if you didn't use the portal? Because it's not a bonus category so it is only 1 point. Or is it another point above the 1 point you already get?

:confused3:confused:

So this is probably a stupid question but I am planning an Apple Store purchase tonight and decided to check the Chase portal to see if there was any reason to use a Chase card instead of my Amex card. It says 1PTS/$1 bonus earn. Is that just the same as you would get on the card even if you didn't use the portal? Because it's not a bonus category so it is only 1 point. Or is it another point above the 1 point you already get?

No, you get additional URs. You can actually click through the Chase portal to get the bonus URs, but still pay with your Amex and earn those MRs. I did it with 2 iPhone purchases. The Chase Freedom had 2x URs and was the highest earning card I had.

My pest control takes care of this little problem by treating the outside perimeter of my house. I used to get a few every fall when it got colder and then I had to treat for fleas one year and after that, no more uninvited guests.

Edit: I just took a look at your avatar - maybe they thought they were in friendly territory!

I need help, I need to cancel DH's spring break AA ticket. We booked one-way tickets for the 4 of us before DH got this new job, now he can't go with us. I just got an email from AA saying that our return flight changed, the second leg went from 4:50PM departure to 3:15PM is that enough to qualify for the free cancellation?
Paging @calypso726

Yup, it's over an hour. They should allow you to cancel and be fully refunded.

I had to giggle at your avatar.

I get the occasional mouse, especially this time of year. I have stone walls around my property, and I know they live there. I can always tell when my cat is stalking one. She’s quite elderly, but she does a great job! I swear she sleeps 90% of the time, but she moves like lightening when a mouse gets in. I dont really want to get another cat when she dies, but the thought of a mouse running around the house unbeknownst to me skeeves me out, so I probably will.

If you have the Freedom card use that portal. It is showing as 2pts/$1 on the Freedom and $1pt on the others.

I just booked an AA flight on points. I still haven't gotten a confirmation email. I just got an email telling me points have been transferred. Is this normal?

We had a mouse problem when my neighbors were digging an extension for their house. Called an exterminator, they placed bait traps in the basement ceiling, no luck, kept finding droppings.

Snap traps with peanut butter and using expanding spray foam in any visible cracks in our stone foundation and over very old basement windows solved the problem. We caught 7 ugh. Haven’t seen anything since and it’s been nearly 2 years knock on wood

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!