I love credit cards so much! v2.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am thinking no since I was gonna call it being part of the cyber week deals so it should have been listed in this weeks ad. Big bummer.
I am hoping so! I haven't seen anything about it yet. It is usually the week after Thanksgiving, right?
Sunday!!!! DoC just put it up, 10% off up to $300. The holidays would not have been the same without my 20% coupon stacking with my 10% off gift card big Target shoppping trip!
https://www.doctorofcredit.com/target-10-off-target-giftcards-this-sunday-300-maximum/
General reminder folks: don’t use a RedCard because it won’t get a discount

Alrighty, I bought CCF $25 to get 2 free slices (already did one on Sat), Earl of Sandwich $25 to get 2 $5 reward cards, Chili's $50 to get 2 $10 reward cards and $60 at TX Roadhouse to get 2 $5 reward cards. What else am I missing?? It's kind of funny cause we rarely eat out so we use the reward cards by their expiry date and then 'sip' on the GC's. These restaurant deals are one of my fav BF/CM deals!

I skipped Panera cause I am sitting on a bunch I got for a good deal on Amazon but I'm interested in hearing about any others while CM is still alive lol!

This whole week, Cheddars is doing a free sandwich/burger with purchase of $30 giftcard. I still have to grab that one.
I double dipped on Cheesecake Factory with my Amex PRG credits, which made it a slick deal.

Sunday!!!! DoC just put it up, 10% off up to $300. The holidays would not have been the same without my 20% coupon stacking with my 10% off gift card big Target shoppping trip!
https://www.doctorofcredit.com/target-10-off-target-giftcards-this-sunday-300-maximum/
General reminder folks: don’t use a RedCard because it won’t get a discount
Oh and what you doing up so early? It's exciting news but not like it used to be. You keeping @Lain hours now??

Hopefully you were just up late for a fun reason :)

Alrighty, I bought CCF $25 to get 2 free slices (already did one on Sat), Earl of Sandwich $25 to get 2 $5 reward cards, Chili's $50 to get 2 $10 reward cards and $60 at TX Roadhouse to get 2 $5 reward cards. What else am I missing?? It's kind of funny cause we rarely eat out so we use the reward cards by their expiry date and then 'sip' on the GC's. These restaurant deals are one of my fav BF/CM deals!

I skipped Panera cause I am sitting on a bunch I got for a good deal on Amazon but I'm interested in hearing about any others while CM is still alive lol!
Dunkin Donuts has buy $50 in gift cards, get $10 promo card.

Not sure if it’s still on or not, but BJ’s Brewhouse had a deal where you buy a $100 gc, get a $25 reward card (must be used Jan-Feb), a 20% off discount, plus two free beer glasses. I’m not a beer person, but the glass on these is nice and heavy, yet not too thick. I like them because we don’t have a nice set of glass glasses. We drink OJ and water out of jelly jars and everything else in ceramic mugs. Lol Probably not so interesting to most normal people with regular glassware. BJ’s has my current favorite gluten free pizza, so we like going there several times a year.

UR redemption question/advice.

Friends of ours may be joining us last minute on our January Orlando trip. I have a good stash of URs (around 400k with an additional 85k pending). Should I offer to use my URs for their room (it will save them a lot as well) and have them pay me the cash equivalent? This way I could "cash out" URs at 1.5x and help offset some of the cost of our cruise next year that I'm not able to use URs on? I know some redemptions like Hyatt and airfare can get better than 1.5x but 1.5x is probably the best I get on average most of the time.

What do you guys think?

California Pizza Kitchen?

CPK is running a buy $100, get $20 right now online and I believe in-restaurant, through 12/31/19.

https://www.cpk.com/GiftCard
Stack with this Amex Offer (which must be done in-restaurant):

California Pizza Kitchen - Spend $50 or more, get $15 back - Get a one-time $15 statement credit by using your enrolled Card to make a single purchase of $50 or more in-restaurant at California Pizza Kitchen by 12/31/2019.

I guess not. Big Sur is really beautiful, though. We could see so many stars from there, and the moon over the ocean was just breathtaking. It's a really special place, but every time I think about it I get really stressed. The drive was honestly that bad.

Yeah, I know what you mean. Once you start going south past Carmel, those roads get really winding. Several times my wife got such bad motion sickness from my driving that she had me pull over so we could switch positions. But even worse, when we were down in the area over the 4th of July this year, we hit about a mile long backup right before Bixby Bridge. The instagrammers are overrunning Big Sur.

That sounds like an awesome cruise! Is this on a Carnival ship?

same
It's Carnival...yes. I still can't get over the price.... I've read quite a bit about the different cruise lines, but I know that my travel M.O. is to stretch my dollar as far as possible while doing as much as possible.... so I think this will fit the bill:thumbsup2 Cruise Critic is fantastic info and advice for noobs like myself who know practically nothing about cruising! Now that DH has been informed of the details he's already complaining about the length (sigh) this was one question I didn't know to ask before marrying...travel expectations!:rotfl2:

Ok, so I’m good at hunting down bargains and buying for others but rarely spend on myself. I need a new winter coat, the old one has to be 20 years old and while still functional looks a little ratty. I’ve been checking them out at Land’s End, tried on in store, picked the one I like but it’s $300 and I just can’t. It’s on sale 50% off (has been for a couple weeks) and now Rakuten has 15% back. So I finally pulled the trigger, and used PayPal with my CF.

If there’s a better deal tomorrow I’m gonna :sad:
you won't be sorry..... I LOVE my LE coat from a few years back at a super discount....but it's fluffy down warmth is my life every winter! (I just washed it yesterday!) LL Bean is best,Lands End is the next best for solid quality,and the prices are much better with the sales. (I still have LE leather boots and winter coat that I bought 23 years ago in the back of my closet,the stuff never dies!)

I'd be so dangerous with a Cricut. I'm staying far away from them. It helps sometimes to have a small home and not a lot of room for stuff. As it is I print out magnets for our cruises. DH and DD humor me and let me decorate the door.
do you decorate the door so you can find it easily?

DP for Amex Travel Credit --- First-year as an Aspire cardholder; I recently selected Frontier for my travel reimbursement. I purchased 2 tickets totaling $88 on Friday. Today the charges clearly show Frontier Airlines $88, list my ticket confirmation, and coded as 7x travel.
frown.gif
Bummer as I could have used my Frontier Mastercard instead. I have vouchers to use for the return trip (waiting to see if price drops) and I'm going to try that route. We have $500 between the two of us, and I hate to see that money/credit just wasted.

I have elite 50K status, so I do not pay for my carry on, seating, etc.

DH and I both upgraded to the Aspire this year, and the flight benefit doesn't really work for us. It's a bummer because I like everything else (besides the $450 annual fee). I don't see either of us keeping the Aspire; the resort credit is also limited. The only real benefit to us over the Ascend card is the automatic free night certificate.
I have SW as my airline, but I went to see how long it took the credit to post for previous flight charges, and mine have all been within 3 business days. I booked two flights less than $100 and paid the fees for a flight that used miles and all the charges have the flight information when I click on the payment details. Hopefully it'll post in the next day or two. I booked some flights Saturday and used the Aspire to pay the fees, and haven't even seen the tracker move yet for those charges, so I'm guessing the credits are processing a little slower than normal with the holiday.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts