I love credit cards so much! v2.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Meanwhile I am using my churning points, trying to find the best time for an emergency trip to visit my dad in the next few weeks, as I found out that he has a few months to live at best. Cancer came out of nowhere apparently. Thanks goodness for points at least, cash to fly us all there plus this hospital bill would have killed me.
So sorry about your dad
Have you used the slow cook setting? I tried once but my roast did not come out as good as it typically does in the crockpot. I haven't tried again since for now we have crockpot and instapot but if I could just have one appliance that would be amazing. I would like a second inner pot for the instapot though 🤔
I have no issues using IP to slow cook. I’m not as fond of pressure cooking I don’t tend to like the texture as much.
Oh boy..... slow cooker vs IP? I could go on all day... :rotfl2: I use my slow cooker to transport food now basically..... I consider my IP one of my prime kitchen tools and use it at least every other day! There are instagroups as well as many on FB to get you excited with recipes etc. To me it's like a fast slow cooker....(I know, makes no sense lol) But when I was making my Olive Garden copy Zuppa Toscana one weekend,I did a batch on stove,and a batch in the IP. The difference was HUGE.... all the ingredients seems to 'melt' together better with that bit of quick pressure,and now I don;t have to start dinner at 8 am anymore! I like how quickly it cooks things too. I've had a few fails, but mostly wins. Now the slow cooker is rarely used,as my lazy nature works better with the IP,and last minute dinner thoughts. (example, I can set a full pot roast dinner with potatoes etc in the IP at 3:30 and it'll be perfect and ready to eat before 5:30) Don't even get me started on the bone broth and chicken possibilities:woohoo:
Have you ever used a pressure cooker? Not sure the attraction of an IP if you only use one function. (Not criticism). I got it so I could use multiple functions but honestly I don’t find it does any of them as well as the original appliance I already have. I mean I have 3 slow cookers, each a different size or function. They work fine, IP is ok too but not fabulous. The cheapo rice cooker I have does a better job than IP and takes up way less space. As for the pressure setting, I find the meat more dense than tender. I once cooked a corned beef in the Instant Pot on pressure. It shrank by 1/3 and was the most dense thing ever. I mean that made it great to slice but not so much to eat.
Every year my boss gives us VGCs as our Christmas bonus. So I ordered a Serve card 😂
I figured, what the heck, why not give it a try. Well our Christmas party was last night and NO BONUS! For anyone. How dare he ruin my opportunity for some entry level MS :rotfl2:
Well that stinks. Our new parent company decided all hospitals in the company must be the same, so no more Christmas party. We must Give and Receive. So we will receive a scoop of ice cream and they will tell us who to give to. Well they can keep that idea because they aren’t dictating who I donate to.
@PolyRob and I are in there stirring things up at times too
Of course you are.
It’s a balmy 35 here today LOL. It’s toasty. Till Monday when we get 6 inches of snow and then don’t get above zero until Thursday. Ick.
Dh is out. And he is running the dog in his agility trials so he is happy. Never did see a doctor.
I’m glad he’s feeling better but that’s just ridiculous. Is he sure someone came in and he didn’t realize they were the doctor? I sometimes have to stop myself from telling some of the residents that they should dress more appropriately and maybe not in scrubs like nurses so people know they are the doctor (not knocking nurses but people are easily confused).
DD and I were decorating our Christmas tree! 🎄

(For the record, a Balsam Hill Vermont White Spruce. 👍)
Aww. We decorated our tree tonight. Only it’s a real tree and it stood naked in the living room for a week (DH did adorn it with a few lights)
Ok now this is just creepy... I did have a pop tart. Are you secretly monitoring me? Am I on a Tv show and don’t realize it??? 🤣
It’s the webcam on your computer. Didn’t you know we can all see you?
I love the wildlife here too! We had a bald eagle in a tree in our back yard. It’s funny when you have to stop on the road for the sandhill cranes lol
Didn’t you see eagles in Iowa? They nest along the Mississippi River. We don’t see them here unless we travel west but we see lots of hawks and falcons. They love to sit on the light poles along the highways looking for small animals in the medians.

If we ever for an active mod on the budget board we all will be screwed! 🤣

Oh please, everything is related to credit cards when you use credit cards to pay for everything. I love credit cards so much!

source.gif

So sorry about your dad

I have no issues using IP to slow cook. I’m not as fond of pressure cooking I don’t tend to like the texture as much.

Have you ever used a pressure cooker? Not sure the attraction of an IP if you only use one function. (Not criticism). I got it so I could use multiple functions but honestly I don’t find it does any of them as well as the original appliance I already have. I mean I have 3 slow cookers, each a different size or function. They work fine, IP is ok too but not fabulous. The cheapo rice cooker I have does a better job than IP and takes up way less space. As for the pressure setting, I find the meat more dense than tender. I once cooked a corned beef in the Instant Pot on pressure. It shrank by 1/3 and was the most dense thing ever. I mean that made it great to slice but not so much to eat.

Well that stinks. Our new parent company decided all hospitals in the company must be the same, so no more Christmas party. We must Give and Receive. So we will receive a scoop of ice cream and they will tell us who to give to. Well they can keep that idea because they aren’t dictating who I donate to.

Of course you are.

I’m glad he’s feeling better but that’s just ridiculous. Is he sure someone came in and he didn’t realize they were the doctor? I sometimes have to stop myself from telling some of the residents that they should dress more appropriately and maybe not in scrubs like nurses so people know they are the doctor (not knocking nurses but people are easily confused).

Aww. We decorated our tree tonight. Only it’s a real tree and it stood naked in the living room for a week (DH did adorn it with a few lights)

It’s the webcam on your computer. Didn’t you know we can all see you?

Didn’t you see eagles in Iowa? They nest along the Mississippi River. We don’t see them here unless we travel west but we see lots of hawks and falcons. They love to sit on the light poles along the highways looking for small animals in the medians.
We saw them in Iowa too but not that close up. The ones I’ve seen here have been a lot bigger too. We mostly saw hawks and falcons in Iowa.

We saw them in Iowa too but not that close up. The ones I’ve seen here have been a lot bigger too. We mostly saw hawks and falcons in Iowa.
We have a lot of hawks and falcons that we admire but we also have tons of bald eagles in this area. The area all around Lockheed (isn't that where your dh would have been?), is a big nesting place for them. You can see their nests from the road and so when their eggs hatch, we see little baby heads peeking out from the nests. It's so cute!

We have a lot of hawks and falcons that we admire but we also have tons of bald eagles in this area. The area all around Lockheed (isn't that where your dh would have been?), is a big nesting place for them. You can see their nests from the road and so when their eggs hatch, we see little baby heads peeking out from the nests. It's so cute!
Yeah he would’ve been with Lockheed if we moved there. That would be so cute to see the babies! We have a zoo that’s pretty close to us (which I love) and one of their exhibits is local animals. They have bald eagles that they rescued and none of them are caged so you just walk through the sidewalks and they stand around near you on their perches. It’s pretty cool. Dh hasn’t been yet but I’m sure we’ll take the baby a lot. They have this awesome splash pad area that’s included and there is a tank of fish that swim beside it.

Last edited:
Anyone else have a posting delay with AmEx MR point offers? I used the Amazon spend $75 get 1500 MR points, and I got the email it triggered and it showed as redeemed in the app, but it's been 3 weeks and no MR points. I am getting the extra points offers posted, like the 2x Staples. Statement credit offers are posting like clockwork. Just doesn't seem to like that Amazon one.
Update- points posted today 12/7, so not bad at 3.5 weeks. Will just need patience I guess.

Update- points posted today 12/7, so not bad at 3.5 weeks. Will just need patience I guess.
I'm still waiting on BB to post. But I also haven't had the dining credit post that I have been waiting on. Charge was on 11/29, posted on 12/1 and still no dining credit.

If I don’t use a GC then I’m using Apple Pay. Assumed if they had Apple Pay they had chip readers.

Seriously banks suck. (No offense @SouthFayetteFan ) But my Instant Pot has slow cook and pressure settings. So you just always use pressure?

@Haley R my Instant Pot looks like this
Yeah. I’ve never used the slow cooker function. I’m not a big fan of crock pot cooked items to begin with, but also why slow cook when I can cooked it under pressure way faster?

Just bought $300 in Target GCs for $270.

Don’t forget you can use a Discover card or Freedom card for an extra 5% back. Discover has Target as a q4 category. Freedom has PayPal as a q4 category so you must pay through PayPal to get the 5% back if paying with a freedom card.

The GCs will be active starting on 12/9. If you still have a BF 20% coupon (and in my and @elgerber’s case, an employee discount), this makes for very happy shopping 🥰

Don’t forget you can use a Discover card or Freedom card for an extra 5% back. Discover has Target as a q4 category. Freedom has PayPal as a q4 category so you must pay through PayPal to get the 5% back if paying with a freedom card.

The GCs will be active starting on 12/9. If you still have a BF 20% coupon (and in my and @elgerber’s case, an employee discount), this makes for very happy shopping 🥰
Did you buy target e gift cards? When I have done this deal in the past I got regular gift cards, but I am going to target tomorrow and I do have the 20% coupon so thinking I should get the e-gift card so I can use it tomorrow.

For Target Circle, do I need to use my Target CC to get the discount? I am so confused! I was purchasing Axe for DS with the 10% off on soap plus $10 GC for spending $30 but I don’t since the extra 10% off in the cart total.

This is when I have stocked up on TP and paper towels.

For Target Circle, do I need to use my Target CC to get the discount? I am so confused! I was purchasing Axe for DS with the 10% off on soap plus $10 GC for spending $30 but I don’t since the extra 10% off in the cart total.
Did you add the offer? I only pay with my redcard or target GCs but I don’t think target circle offers require you to pay with a redcard.

Not cc related, but I have been following the RotR discussion, and that thread is a fascinating ride in and of itself! So much craziness and contradiction in the way things are being announced in the parks versus how things are actually shaking out. I feel like disboarders have a huge advantage here!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!