I love credit cards so much! v2.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I picked up a $300 Target gift card in-store an hour ago. Got home and noticed that the access code was mostly scratched off. It looked suspicious so I headed back to the store to exchange it. The woman at the returns desk tried to convince me it was okay because the entire number wasn't scratched, but I politely insisted that I'd feel better exchanging it. I figured it would be a lot easier to exchange it before it became active,then to have it drained tomorrow and have to convince Target that I wasn't the one that used it. I usually check any gift card I buy to make sure it hasn't been tampered with, but skipped doing it this morning.

Has anybody had a Target GC texted to their mobile? I bought 3x$100 this a.m. with 2 being shipped and one mobile texted. It's been over an hour and I haven't received it yet. Anyone know how long it takes to get?

I think I made a dumb mistake. We used my target account to buy my mom’s gcs. We planned to buy ourselves one with our red card in the store. Will that trigger the one household rule even though we used her discover card?

With so many Target shoppers here, does anyone know when your GC balance is released from a cancelled order?

I placed a pick up order yesterday and of course the item is on sale online cheaper today. I cancelled that part of my order before pick up and wanted to rebuy at the new price but the GC is not showing the full balance yet. I thought maybe it wouldn't release it until the order was finalized at pickup, but did that too and it's still showing the wrong balance. My receipt shows just the item I picked up but shows the full charge for both the cancelled and fulfilled order. :headache:

I've never had good luck with price adjusting online orders so I usually just cancel and repurchase. (In store they are fabulous) I actually really hate doing Target online but they keep pushing the order online for in-store pickup with exclusive sales so I've begrudgingly ordered a few things and forgot how much of a hassle it can be.

I think I made a dumb mistake. We used my target account to buy my mom’s gcs. We planned to buy ourselves one with our red card in the store. Will that trigger the one household rule even though we used her discover card?
I don't think there's a need to use your redcard in store for it unless your redcard is a credit card you want to put spend on. Use a different credit card in store and if you have other things to purchase that you want the red card discount on, make it into two separate transactions. There is no discount on the $300 target gift card. It's a flat 10%. You will get it for $270 and that's it. (meaning red card won't give you 5 % on the gift card).

I did read that buying one with a Chase Freedom using paypal will give you the quarterly 5 UR bonus.

With so many Target shoppers here, does anyone know when your GC balance is released from a cancelled order?

I placed a pick up order yesterday and of course the item is on sale online cheaper today. I cancelled that part of my order before pick up and wanted to rebuy at the new price but the GC is not showing the full balance yet. I thought maybe it wouldn't release it until the order was finalized at pickup, but did that too and it's still showing the wrong balance. My receipt shows just the item I picked up but shows the full charge for both the cancelled and fulfilled order. :headache:

I've never had good luck with price adjusting online orders so I usually just cancel and repurchase. (In store they are fabulous) I actually really hate doing Target online but they keep pushing the order online for in-store pickup with exclusive sales so I've begrudgingly ordered a few things and forgot how much of a hassle it can be.

I had a similar situation a few weeks ago with instore pickup. I was certain they hadn't credited me. Then I went back penny by penny using the order emails and the gift card transactions and figured out it had been done instantly and I was incorrect. The horror! Hopefully they actually owe you money!

I don't think there's a need to use your redcard in store for it unless your redcard is a credit card you want to put spend on. Use a different credit card in store and if you have other things to purchase that you want the red card discount on, make it into two separate transactions. There is no discount on the $300 target gift card. It's a flat 10%. You will get it for $270 and that's it. (meaning red card won't give you 5 % on the gift card).

I did read that buying one with a Chase Freedom using paypal will give you the quarterly 5 UR bonus.
Lol duh. Is there a slap your own face emoji? 🤦🏻‍♀️ Dh was wanting to use the red card and completely forgot we don’t get the 5% anyway. We’re just gonna use discover even though we’re almost done with the cashback on it.

Why can't the multi appliances work how we want? :) I'll have to try slow cooking in my IP again. I do love it for rice but then often find I want to make rice AND something else in it. I've never used a rice cooker though. My family didn't really eat rice growing up and DH/MIL will make it on the stove. I always mess it up on the stove 🙈

ETA: Also I plan to spend part of my day looking at the freezer slow cooker meal site you posted this week! Thank you!
I’m currently cooking sausage and peppers in a crockpot and chicken gyros in the IP.
That website is great. When we gutted our kitchen I used tons of recipes from that site. No kitchen for 6+ weeks so I set up the dining room to cook with IP, crock pot, rice cooker and electric frypan. I used the slow cooker the most, I would throw everything in before leaving for work and it would be done when I got home and would set to warm. Then add noodles or rice cooked in the rice cooker. I didn’t use the rice cooker much before that but found it easy and it doesn’t take up a burner on the stove when I’m cooking. I frequently have 2 larger pans on the stove which actually doesn’t leave room to use the rear burners.

Ok, am I crazy or is the target website not letting any GCs be applied today? I'm trying to use two Target GCs towards an online purchase and it will let me type in the number but won't let me do anythign to apply the balance to my order and when I click review order it doesn't include the GC balance. I know there is money on these cards.

ETA: Disregard. Finally had to open it up in chrome incognito and re-add my items and got it work. Not really sure why that was necessary, but ok.

Do you have one picked out or are planning to start looking? This is something we've kicked around but I don't even know where to start.

Yes, we're getting a Precor EFX 222. When I went to a gym, I got very attached to the Precor brand ellipticals. I grew equally attached to the Life Fitness treadmills. We bought one of those about 18 months ago. My advice is to spend the money and get something that is club level. If you need to save up, then wait and do that. Otherwise the frame will shake below you. This is true of both ellipticals and treadmills.

https://www.precorhomefitness.com/p...qBNfzuggbNOgQGTVclZX-iliYO9QWPykaAhGfEALw_wcB

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!