I love credit cards so much! v3.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
We bought a Nespresso and never looked back. It's way better than Starbucks in any case. Did you get the small capsules or the large ones? We have the small ones and they are great. :) I hope you like your new machine.

The one I ordered will make a large 14oz cup with certain capsules. It will also make smaller 7.8oz cups. It's the kind with the bar codes. My daughter has the original line and likes it because she can get the capsules cheaper on Amazon. Our friend has the one I ordered and loves it. So, I'll have to explore until I find the coffees I prefer. I loved using the capsules at AKV CL and also at VGF in their lobby. Plus I've used it a few times at daughter's and friends houses.

Ran some errands and got another $400 in visa gift cards. Trying to replenish my ur points for three tickets to Europe next summer (assuming there’s a vaccine). And I started looking at Which Marriotts I can book with points in London and Copenhagen for three people and there are almost not options for June 2021 (I actually need July/August but was trying to gauge what choices I might have). I have 350k Marriott points, $600 in Marriott gift cards, and one 50k point certificate and none of this helps me:(
Yesterday my local Staples let me buy $2k...today they allowed only 1 $200 card .will see what happens tomorrow.

Ran some errands and got another $400 in visa gift cards. Trying to replenish my ur points for three tickets to Europe next summer (assuming there’s a vaccine). And I started looking at Which Marriotts I can book with points in London and Copenhagen for three people and there are almost not options for June 2021 (I actually need July/August but was trying to gauge what choices I might have). I have 350k Marriott points, $600 in Marriott gift cards, and one 50k point certificate and none of this helps me:(
We are going to Spain and Amsterdam, trying to use URs to book apartments via the portal, I’ve found some good Marriott room but they only sleep 2, so we are going to do 2 rooms. I think we are going to have to compromise location.

Tried a new instant pot recipe for "baked" ziti. It's really good, she uses chicken broth but I'd imagine you could sub vegetable to make it vegetarian since there's no meat in it. It does use a whole box of pasta so we're going to make some chicken to add to it tomorrow for leftovers but it'd be enough for at least 4 depending on what you ate with it.

The one I ordered will make a large 14oz cup with certain capsules. It will also make smaller 7.8oz cups. It's the kind with the bar codes. My daughter has the original line and likes it because she can get the capsules cheaper on Amazon. Our friend has the one I ordered and loves it. So, I'll have to explore until I find the coffees I prefer. I loved using the capsules at AKV CL and also at VGF in their lobby. Plus I've used it a few times at daughter's and friends houses.
My husband never drank coffee except on vacation until he had Nespresso at his sisters. I then bought him one for Christmas a couple of years ago and he LOVES that thing.

DH used that one in the AKL CL lounge so many times every day, the one in the GCH CL lounge, and a few hotels we stayed at had them in the room and eventually we decided we just needed one of our own. No regrets here.

Y'all have me intrigued cause I love coffee! What is so special about a Nespresso? Asking at a time when I cannot buy one as I just got a new keurig from my mom as an early bday gift. But maybe in a few years...

Just popping in to say that I texted (yup!) Virgin Atlantic and after a few days they responded saying that if I needed to cancel our trip because Japan wasn't letting folks from the US in in November, they would refund me all the points and fees minus a $50 cancellation fee.

Do you all think I should just cancel now and start looking for next fall (which I won't be able to do for a few more months)? The fees were paid on a CIP for which I already got the SUB so that might be an issue...

Y'all have me intrigued cause I love coffee! What is so special about a Nespresso? Asking at a time when I cannot buy one as I just got a new keurig from my mom as an early bday gift. But maybe in a few years...

The coffee tastes better? It's just a more flavorful experience, and once I get my own machine I'll let you know how it works for me.

Years ago I had a Tassimo and loved it because there were a lot of varieties. I could make crema, espresso, and lots of different drinks. Problem was although it was very popular in other countries, it didn't take off here. I actually got a second machine when the first one died. They also had Starbucks products and then Starbucks went away from them.

Then, there was a good deal somewhere on a Keurig so I went to that. It wasn't the same but along the way I had 3 Keurig machines. I kind of stopped my coffee thing and just drank a regular cup once a day. I still would make the occasional espresso or latte with my Tassimo.

Meanwhile older daughter (while recuperating from her car accident) got attached to my Tassimo, took it home for a while and started to enjoy my drink hacks from it. Hacks because of such limited variety. She branched out to Nespresso. I was secretly jealous but did not want to buy another machine. She just recently returned my Tassimo with one capsule left over <g>.

Anyway, Keurig broke, and I'm back to more interesting (to me) choices.

One note - the machine is not the pricey part, even with Keurig. It's the pods. I probably should have made my change before my machine broke - that way I wouldn't have $30 worth of K Cups sitting in my kitchen unused.

Older daughter is saving. She had a serious Starbucks problem - every day she went there either on the way to work or at the one near her job. Plus on weekends. When we were together, it was 'pull in to Starbucks drivethru'. Plus she would get food also. Once she got the machine it probably paid for itself in a month. Still has an occasional visit to SB's but usually when out of town.

Anyway, my new toy will up my coffee price to double or more, but I don't really care. It's just me and I rarely drink more than one cup a day, plus an odd cup for friends or family. Younger DD doesn't have the habit yet. Meanwhile I need a Keurig to finish off those K cups....

Noticed this morning that Southwest has finally confirmed that their scheduled will open up for flights after Jan 4 on Aug 27. For a while the extension date was unknown.

"We are currently accepting air reservations through January 4, 2021. On August 27, 2020 we will open our schedule for sale through March 10, 2021. This date is subject to change! Please check back frequently."

My Keurig died a couple of days ago.

So, I just ordered a Nespresso Vertuo. Not sure this is what I want but I'll try it.
Adding to my coffee thoughts:

The nespresso pods are in aluminum versus plastic and can be recycled.
I love my Nespresso! I have the Vertuo one as well, and it is so much better than my husband’s keurig. Make sure you sign up for the Nespresso app and set up an account with them (with the vertuo capsules I haven’t found them to be cheaper on amazon). I can order my capsules one day and have them delivered the next day. And you can also get the free recycling bags for the pods. They are prepaid UPS bags that you can ship back to Nespresso for recycling.

I love my Nespresso! I have the Vertuo one as well, and it is so much better than my husband’s keurig. Make sure you sign up for the Nespresso app and set up an account with them (with the vertuo capsules I haven’t found them to be cheaper on amazon). I can order my capsules one day and have them delivered the next day. And you can also get the free recycling bags for the pods. They are prepaid UPS bags that you can ship back to Nespresso for recycling.

Yes. Right now the Nespresso website has a gift for new customers which includes a sleeve of coffee, a couple of glasses and a recycling bag. I'm trying to decide if I want to order that much coffee without tasting a lot to see what I prefer, as I don't have my machine yet. They want you to order a minimum of 10 sleeves. Maybe I'll just go for it later today.

My friend that has the Vertuo agrees that the capsules are not cheaper anywhere. My daughter with the 'original?' gets the less expensive ones in addition to the ones she likes, as she has a lot of traffic (husband's friends) come through her kitchen. He drinks whatever as do they.

Also, nice to hear that others are enjoying this machine. I 'almost' bought another Keurig the day it died, but tend to like to do research a bit at least. So I dawdled and figured out how to spend more money.

Another DP on the "secret" CSR 5x benefit at restaurants. All of my CSR dining charges since July 1 have earned 5x!! I did not receive any notification from Chase about the increase from 3x to 5x.
mine got 3x:headache:

They’ve been rolling it out and a large batch of sellers has to enroll by July 15 but I understand everyone will be enrolled by early next year or you can’t sell. Will let you know how it goes...fingers crossed.
no more paypal?

I should have said it was grocery pickup. It codes as grocery for my bcp, which is what I usually use. I decided to use the marriot card for one purchase because of the 6x and to put some spend on that neglected card.
AH! I wa just gonna ask this question about WM grocery curb pickup.... I was gonna use my BCE the other day and forgot and used my CSR (it was still on acct from last month) so it codes as grocery?

I have a question (which might be the opposite of the intent of this thread)
But I'm starting to consider my options with all my various travel points..... I don't see travel happening right now, and thinking about how I could potentially turn some of this into cash. (I'm horrified that I"m thinking this BTW) Is there a resource of the best ways to do this? Something that gives a rundown of the various programs that can be used for other purposes? I just don't know what to think anymore, but I don't see travel getting any easier anytime soon . (I may be 100% wrong,who really knows?) Anyway, altho it saddens me to think this, I'd appreciate any tips you all might have....:sad:

I have a question (which might be the opposite of the intent of this thread)
But I'm starting to consider my options with all my various travel points..... I don't see travel happening right now, and thinking about how I could potentially turn some of this into cash. (I'm horrified that I"m thinking this BTW) Is there a resource of the best ways to do this? Something that gives a rundown of the various programs that can be used for other purposes? I just don't know what to think anymore, but I don't see travel getting any easier anytime soon . (I may be 100% wrong,who really knows?) Anyway, altho it saddens me to think this, I'd appreciate any tips you all might have....:sad:
What point currency are you looking at turning into cash?

I think I've decided to cash out our MRs and some URs and use that cash to buy a small DVC contract.

What point currency are you looking at turning into cash?

I think I've decided to cash out our MRs and some URs and use that cash to buy a small DVC contract.
I have UR's- a few MR's, Hilton,IHG, Southwest points. I'm wondering hat I can do with some of these....I know UR can be turned into cash(But I'm hanging onto those till the last) and I'm feeling like all these stashes are a waste. Maybe I'm jumping too fast...

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter