I love credit cards so much! v3.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pretty sure dd will miss her last year of varsity swimming. And I think she had a good shot at being a captain:( I don’t expect any in person schooling or sports this year.
Swimming is one of the few sports allowed here. It is in the lowest risk category so my niece, who dives, has started practice. They are allowed to compete in individual events only, no relays, with distancing, etc. even though school is fully remote.

Last edited:
No one is cleaning carts at any stores here on LI either...I have wipes in my car to use when shopping, pumping gas etc
I'm almost out of wipes. None to be found. The last container I emptied had liquid left at the bottom, so I made more wipes with paper towels. I have some non-sanitizing wipes but on the last container of sanitizing wipes. Using lots of sanitizer gel.

I'm almost out of wipes. None to be found. The last container I emptied had liquid left at the bottom, so I made more wipes with paper towels. I have some non-sanitizing wipes but on the last container of sanitizing wipes. Using lots of sanitizer gel.

If you can on the weekend try going early. I've seen wipes at target and bought them at our version of kroger when I've been at both at 930 or earlier. I look for wipes when I go inside for groceries once a month and get them if they have them, but I did notice last week they've started allowing you to order them for pick up. They've started doing it, with limits, to stuff that was hard to get earlier, tp, paper towels etc. I think the wipes was the last thing we couldn't get, but I didn't try ordering them.

Happy we found a treadmill in stock, that will work and has great reviews. Mom came around after a bit and started looking and then came around even more and has figured out a spot we can put it and leave it unfolded since she'll use it if she doesn't have to unfold it. But still got a foldable one in case it needs to be put away. And we're splitting the cost! And I've now meet my spend on the citi premier, had less than 1k to go put almost 2k on it. Hurt a tiny bit but it's ok, I'd rather be done early and know I have the points in place when I need to transfer to VS.

Crazy thing with Dicks, I called to find out about delivery and was told I had to order it online for curbside and then go to the store to pay for the delivery which also includes assembly which is nice. But it's the weirdest thing that it couldn't all be done together. So we're off to Dicks and Target since they are next door to each other.

Am thinking about my next card but I think I'll hang tight until Sept/Oct to see how many of each points I end up using to get our flights for Japan before I try for another. So I'll have to sit down and figure out what card to use where.

Not sure if already reported but it looks like the Sams Club Landrys cards $67.5 for $75 plus the $15 promo card if you spend $50 are available again. And rainforest is currently in stock online, for now, that is.

I did this when I got to the bottom of my last container too. There was sooooo much liquid left I bet I got another 15 wipes out of it with paper towels.

Not sure if you have a Menards near where you live but ours pretty consistently has wipes. Not many people think to look for them there.

Not sure if you have a Menards near where you live but ours pretty consistently has wipes. Not many people think to look for them there.
Our Menards never has any. I have tried. I have found them at target a few times. They always have their brand but I don’t like those. But after the news reports saying they may be gone for a year I think I will start buying those when they have them.

I know there's a few runners/walkers in here. Does anyone have a treadmill they recommend? I'm starting the search for a potential purchase but don't have much/any space so it would need to be small or fold up when not in use. I would run on it 2 to 4 days a week. I'd prefer something more sturdy than I imagine both of these options offer but as my mom already said she won't use it :-)confused3 she uses them at the gym but has never used any equip they bought for the house) so I don't want it in the way any more than it already will be.

I just know if I'm not comfortable going to work I won't be at the gym. And while I've enjoyed running outside that's going to wear off quick once it starta raining more, gets cold and gets dark at 4.
We are on treadmill #3 and that has been over 18 years. Our first two Proforms lasted 7 years each and we are on the third one and about 4 years into it. I love Proform. I know it is not a 'glamourous' brand but we've had great machines and since we pay $700'ish for each, I think $100 per year is a good value. We head outside when weather is nice (honestly, much of the year here) but the treadmill still sees a lot of use. My teens and boys use it too (with supervision).

Happy we found a treadmill in stock, that will work and has great reviews. Mom came around after a bit and started looking and then came around even more and has figured out a spot we can put it and leave it unfolded since she'll use it if she doesn't have to unfold it. But still got a foldable one in case it needs to be put away. And we're splitting the cost! And I've now meet my spend on the citi premier, had less than 1k to go put almost 2k on it. Hurt a tiny bit but it's ok, I'd rather be done early and know I have the points in place when I need to transfer to VS.

Crazy thing with Dicks, I called to find out about delivery and was told I had to order it online for curbside and then go to the store to pay for the delivery which also includes assembly which is nice. But it's the weirdest thing that it couldn't all be done together. So we're off to Dicks and Target since they are next door to each other.

Am thinking about my next card but I think I'll hang tight until Sept/Oct to see how many of each points I end up using to get our flights for Japan before I try for another. So I'll have to sit down and figure out what card to use where.
Just now seeing this! Disregard my post lol. Glad you found one.

Check and/or set up alerts with DansDeals and nowinstock.net.

Just now seeing this! Disregard my post lol. Glad you found one.

We did and the guy that helped us at the store was one of the two I'd spoken wit when I'd called with delivery questions so that was nice. He also got me signed up for their rewards program, which I didn't know was a thing, and I think I'll end up with like 60 bucks to use. Just hoping the 2% from topcashback actually tracks. It hasn't yet, but we'll see.

We wandered through the toy clearance at Target tonight, we try and stock up for toys for tots etc during their two clearance times. I did pretty well in Jan but we split them between two places now so we can always uses more. I was able to get a princess aurora dress for 5.98 and a fun little stuffed radio control car for 3+ The car is stuffed and the tires are rubber but squishy, it's supper cute for 4.50. Some toys were 70% off but not all, they weren't all tagged and some that were tagged were correct and some were discounted more. Thankfully this target had it's scanner on, the two I normally go to haven't had them on since early March.

Our Menards never has any. I have tried. I have found them at target a few times. They always have their brand but I don’t like those. But after the news reports saying they may be gone for a year I think I will start buying those when they have them.

Basically, you need to get links to items on Amazon. Even when they're out of stock, add them to a list. The wipes and sanitizer don't usually show up in searches unless they're available or at least it can be hard to find them if you're looking for specific brands. I used various blogs, slickdeals, etc to get links to products. Over time you should cultivate a nice list of various items. Throughout the day refresh your list, you can quickly scan and you'll see the Buy Button when an item is in stock. Immediately add to cart and check out. Pause only long enough to make sure the price isn't too inflated. Add and check out. You can do this for Walmart as well, but I've had the best luck with Amazon. Being Prime I didn't have to worry about shipping whereas with Walmart I either paid or needed to keep items in cart and ready.

I have a personal blog where I've shared this strategy and I have a list of items there. A few of my friends have used this method and have been successful.

We did and the guy that helped us at the store was one of the two I'd spoken wit when I'd called with delivery questions so that was nice. He also got me signed up for their rewards program, which I didn't know was a thing, and I think I'll end up with like 60 bucks to use. Just hoping the 2% from topcashback actually tracks. It hasn't yet, but we'll see.

We wandered through the toy clearance at Target tonight, we try and stock up for toys for tots etc during their two clearance times. I did pretty well in Jan but we split them between two places now so we can always uses more. I was able to get a princess aurora dress for 5.98 and a fun little stuffed radio control car for 3+ The car is stuffed and the tires are rubber but squishy, it's supper cute for 4.50. Some toys were 70% off but not all, they weren't all tagged and some that were tagged were correct and some were discounted more. Thankfully this target had it's scanner on, the two I normally go to haven't had them on since early March.
Sounds like I need to check out Target's toys!!!

Swimming is one of the few sports allowed here. It is in the lowest risk category so my niece, who dives, has started practice. They are allowed to compete in individual events only, no relays, with distancing, etc. even though school is fully remote.
That makes sense. It's nice they thought it through and realized it could be done safely.

We are still in the scramble to get standardized tests rescheduled. Yesterday dd's August SAT was cancelled. Thankfully she logged on right away and found a spot in the county next door. She told two of her friends who were also cancelled and one got a spot and the other didn't. And while many schools aren't requiring testing, some still are (as of now) so these kids need to be able to take tests.

Haven't been on much. Some updates:

- Been having some health issues. I'll live. Medicine is killing me with insomnia tho. Worst insomnia of my life.
- I bought a new car (another electric of course) and put $5k deposit on my Amex Hilton - so I hit my free night award.
- I start a new job Monday. I am worried 3 months off wasn't enough but this opportunity came along so I decided I would try it and see what happens. I do get to WFH a lot because of COVID.

I found disinfectant wipes at a RiteAid this week and felt like I hit the jackpot. Bought two canisters, which was the limit. Hoping to send one with each of my boys going back to college.

@SouthFayetteFan I really hope you get a season with your team and you are “allowed” to attend all the games. I know it means a lot to you and the kids on the team.

I made the 45 min drive to Staples yesterday to and used my Amex offer on VGC, and used CIC for the rest of my order. That should help keep my Serve card stocked to finish off the $5 small business promo.

I found disinfectant wipes at a RiteAid this week and felt like I hit the jackpot. Bought two canisters, which was the limit. Hoping to send one with each of my boys going back to college.

@SouthFayetteFan I really hope you get a season with your team and you are “allowed” to attend all the games. I know it means a lot to you and the kids on the team.

I made the 45 min drive to Staples yesterday to and used my Amex offer on VGC, and used CIC for the rest of my order. That should help keep my Serve card stocked to finish off the $5 small business promo.
Thanks. Spectators is an issue important to me of course BUT my primary concern is that we let them play first and foremost. I feel for the kids who are losing their extracurricular activities... but even more so, I’m concerned for the kids where there activities are the only thing keeping them in school and out of trouble.

Here’s to hoping they get all of this resolved... and soon!

I think Dh is gonna apply for the capital one quick silver rewards card next. Does anyone have that card?

I think Dh is gonna apply for the capital one quick silver rewards card next. Does anyone have that card?
I do and have for almost 5 years. I'm not going to get rid of it, but it's not a card that gets used all that much. Only for things I purchase on Google, mostly pokemon go stuff. Why that one? A triple pull for a 1.5% card doesn't seem to make all that much sense if you're into any real CC stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!