I love credit cards so much! v3.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I do and have for almost 5 years. I'm not going to get rid of it, but it's not a card that gets used all that much. Only for things I purchase on Google, mostly pokemon go stuff. Why that one? A triple pull for a 1.5% card doesn't seem to make all that much sense if you're into any real CC stuff.
We’re currently only wanting MSRs with a cashback benefit because we don’t have any use for points right now. He just got the CFU and he likes that the quicksilver rewards is 1.5% with no AF.

I didn't even think of a SUB. I like the rewards structure, they post at the same time as the transaction, can cash out for any amount.

I found disinfectant wipes at a RiteAid this week and felt like I hit the jackpot. Bought two canisters, which was the limit. Hoping to send one with each of my boys going back to college.

@SouthFayetteFan I really hope you get a season with your team and you are “allowed” to attend all the games. I know it means a lot to you and the kids on the team.

I made the 45 min drive to Staples yesterday to and used my Amex offer on VGC, and used CIC for the rest of my order. That should help keep my Serve card stocked to finish off the $5 small business promo.
I got another tub of Clorox wipes at Target. They had plenty but they limit to one :-( I have several in the cabinet now, but I like to be safe. They never have the big tubs either, just the small ones.

We’re currently only wanting MSRs with a cashback benefit because we don’t have any use for points right now. He just got the CFU and he likes that the quicksilver rewards is 1.5% with no AF.
If simply looking for cash back, the citi double cash gives a better percentage. 2% Cashback on everything, no AF. However, I don’t believe there’s any signup bonus.

If simply looking for cash back, the citi double cash gives a better percentage. 2% Cashback on everything, no AF. However, I don’t believe there’s any signup bonus.
Yeah I’d prefer if there was a signup bonus. We’re kind of in this weird funk about getting new cards. We have lots of spend but want to make sure we’re getting the most out of a signup bonus. Some of the capital one cards are spend $3,000, get $200 or spend $4,500, get $500 but those aren’t as good of a return as spending $500 and getting $150 with the quicksilver rewards or savor one

My AF for my CIP just hit, and I want to do a PC to a CIC (is that enough acronyms in one sentence?!?!). A few questions:

1. Is this the right timing to do a PC - right when the AF hits? Or should I wait until my statement closing date (Aug 24)?

2. Can I request a PC by SM, or do I need to call?

3. The CIC says you get 5% cash back in certain categories, but I can get that as 5X URs instead, right? How do I select URs instead of cash back?

4. The CIP is my only UR-earning card. DH has the CSR and CSP but I’m not an AU on either. Can I transfer URs earned on my CIC to DH? I’m pretty sure I did that with URs earned on my CIP, but wanted to make sure the rules weren’t different with a CIC.

5. Any other weird potential pitfalls I should consider?

thanks!!!!

We are on treadmill #3 and that has been over 18 years. Our first two Proforms lasted 7 years each and we are on the third one and about 4 years into it. I love Proform. I know it is not a 'glamourous' brand but we've had great machines and since we pay $700'ish for each, I think $100 per year is a good value. We head outside when weather is nice (honestly, much of the year here) but the treadmill still sees a lot of use. My teens and boys use it too (with supervision).
We recently bought a Proform too, and so far so good. Relatively stable from vibrations at higher speeds vs the more expensive brands like Nordic. Definitely not the commercial grade you see at Planet Fitness but good value for the price. Did buy the extended warranty which I don’t think I needed since 3 yrs into a 3 or 5 yr warranty. I think ours was like a $1k model.

Struck out this week with the Wells Propel and US Bank Altitude, after waiting 4+ months without applying for anything. I even opened a Wells checking with direct dep early this yr. 810 FICO but too many newer accts. I think 11 cards in last 24 mo.

looked like great no annual fee cards. The wells I wanted the ride share rewards, been turned down once before on it last yr. And the newer Altitude has 4% on food and food delivery, which thought both be handy, along with the $200 bonus ea., for upcoming trip

https://www.usbank.com/credit-cards.html

Check and/or set up alerts with DansDeals and nowinstock.net.

Do those work for online/shipped orders or in-store stock? My issue is that the stores that do have some in stock won't ship.

Basically, you need to get links to items on Amazon. Even when they're out of stock, add them to a list. The wipes and sanitizer don't usually show up in searches unless they're available or at least it can be hard to find them if you're looking for specific brands. I used various blogs, slickdeals, etc to get links to products. Over time you should cultivate a nice list of various items. Throughout the day refresh your list, you can quickly scan and you'll see the Buy Button when an item is in stock. Immediately add to cart and check out. Pause only long enough to make sure the price isn't too inflated. Add and check out. You can do this for Walmart as well, but I've had the best luck with Amazon. Being Prime I didn't have to worry about shipping whereas with Walmart I either paid or needed to keep items in cart and ready.

I have a personal blog where I've shared this strategy and I have a list of items there. A few of my friends have used this method and have been successful.

Do you add them to your wish list? I have been trying and trying to get some online and have been completely unsuccessful at this one. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Sounds like I need to check out Target's toys!!!

They do toy clearance in January and July ever year, starting at 30%, then 50 and finally 70. Some stores might go to 90% but I've never seen it with toys at any of mine. I follow All Things Target on fb, and Totally Target both are blogs. The first is better for deals and clearance stuff, the 2nd is more coupon focused but she gets the ad preview sooner and without any of the page cut off. All Things lives near me, and while she doesn't normally go to any of my Targets, she's close enough that if there's something so good and I can't find it at mine, I can go to hers, which is also why I follow her.

By now with the toys most should be 50 to 70 and depending on your store slim pickings or not, this one was, I haven't looked at my regular one's. It's all going to depend on how much they had, how many people are shopping and buying them. I know a lot of people use both to buy bday/xmas presents.

Dh was just denied for the capital one quicksilver rewards. He got the 7-10 day letter message. We’ve never been denied a card before so I’m curious what the reason is.

Pretty sure they are one of the way more sensitive to inquiries etc. I think it's why you don't see many churners talk about capitol one.

My AF for my CIP just hit, and I want to do a PC to a CIC (is that enough acronyms in one sentence?!?!). A few questions:

1. Is this the right timing to do a PC - right when the AF hits? Or should I wait until my statement closing date (Aug 24)?

2. Can I request a PC by SM, or do I need to call?

3. The CIC says you get 5% cash back in certain categories, but I can get that as 5X URs instead, right? How do I select URs instead of cash back?

4. The CIP is my only UR-earning card. DH has the CSR and CSP but I’m not an AU on either. Can I transfer URs earned on my CIC to DH? I’m pretty sure I did that with URs earned on my CIP, but wanted to make sure the rules weren’t different with a CIC.

5. Any other weird potential pitfalls I should consider?

thanks!!!!

1 you can PC anytime after it’s a year old..so your good

2 unfortunately need to call

3 it posts to Your card as URs

4 yes you can transfer the URs to your DH

Do you add them to your wish list? I have been trying and trying to get some online and have been completely unsuccessful at this one. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
With Amazon you can create multiple lists. I moved everything off my default list to a different list and then populated my default with these products. That way I can just hit "Shopping List" in the menu and bring up this list quickly. On desktop, under Accounts & Lists, it's the third link. I have my Freedom card set as default payment now for the quarterly category bonus so I don't have to think at checkout which to pay with.

I work online so I just keep a tab open with my list up and then refresh it any time I change activities. Done with email? Check the list. Take a break for lunch? Check the list. Facebook break over? Check the list.

Here's how it looks when an item is in stock. That orange Add to Cart visually grabs attention so you can act quickly. (This product is now OOS).

Va5VeEn.png

Struck out this week with the Wells Propel and US Bank Altitude, after waiting 4+ months without applying for anything. I even opened a Wells checking with direct dep early this yr. 810 FICO but too many newer accts. I think 11 cards in last 24 mo.

looked like great no annual fee cards. The wells I wanted the ride share rewards, been turned down once before on it last yr. And the newer Altitude has 4% on food and food delivery, which thought both be handy, along with the $200 bonus ea., for upcoming trip

https://www.usbank.com/credit-cards.html

If you have not already done so, it is usually a good idea to freeze ARS and Sagestream reporting in order to get approved for US Bank cards.

https://www.travelcodex.com/freeze-ida-ars-us-bank-club-carlson

With Amazon you can create multiple lists. I moved everything off my default list to a different list and then populated my default with these products. That way I can just hit "Shopping List" in the menu and bring up this list quickly. On desktop, under Accounts & Lists, it's the third link. I have my Freedom card set as default payment now for the quarterly category bonus so I don't have to think at checkout which to pay with.

I work online so I just keep a tab open with my list up and then refresh it any time I change activities. Done with email? Check the list. Take a break for lunch? Check the list. Facebook break over? Check the list.

Here's how it looks when an item is in stock. That orange Add to Cart visually grabs attention so you can act quickly. (This product is now OOS).

Va5VeEn.png

Thanks. I have tried to put many items in my list, but sometimes that button just isn't there. I am also having trouble finding the out of stock stuff to put in on a list since other junk is showing up instead.

@Judique Have you had your Hyatt Regency stay in Cambridge yet? Thinking it might make a nice Labor Day weekend getaway. I had filights To FL but DH doesn’t think he can get off. Plus DS starts school on 8/8 so it might be better to stay more local.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter