I love credit cards so much! v3.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
He has a Hilton honors card and a BBP. He’s looking at getting a blue cash every day card. We’re not really interested in points for SUBs unless cashing them out is a good value
I don’t think there’s a wrong time to apply with Amex. Unless he runs into the pop up... which you won’t know until you try...

That is a good card IMO since it can be decent for everyday grocery spend which can help you avoid pop ups later.

I don’t think there’s a wrong time to apply with Amex. Unless he runs into the pop up... which you won’t know until you try...

That is a good card IMO since it can be decent for everyday grocery spend which can help you avoid pop ups later.
Does shipt count as grocery spend with them? Could he apply for both the blue cash every day and the blue cash preferred?

Does shipt count as grocery spend with them? Could he apply for both the blue cash every day and the blue cash preferred?
No idea on shipt (sorry lol).

He can apply for both - but unless something has changed, you can’t do it at the same time. I seem to recall needing to space out Amex CC apps by a week or so. (You can do a CC and charge card on the same day but not 2 CCs). Also be aware that they have a 4 CC limit (used to be 5 but again I believe it’s 4 now) and he already has 2 so getting both would put him at his CC limit. I know I sound a bit iffy on this and that’s because I’m not always 100% up on all things Amex - but I feel fairly confident in this answer.

Is he going to be able to use your support link for these cards? 😊 That of course would make it more lucrative - and reminder do not self-support on Amex (or any issuer for that matter).

Just asking real quick and hoping someone knows. If I book a flight on AA, using my miles, I can still change it at any time with no penalties right? I'm looking to book a quick trip back to NC (hopefully with my BF). I'm pretty sure I would go no matter what, but if there's a hurricane I'll wanna change (since they decided to start early, LOL).

I'm trying to read all the fine print and with the Rona rules it's confusing as hell, LOL.

We recently bought a Proform too, and so far so good. Relatively stable from vibrations at higher speeds vs the more expensive brands like Nordic. Definitely not the commercial grade you see at Planet Fitness but good value for the price. Did buy the extended warranty which I don’t think I needed since 3 yrs into a 3 or 5 yr warranty. I think ours was like a $1k model.
We've never belonged to a gym (we're too cheap 🤣 ) so Proforms have been fine for us. I don't like set programs and I just want to control my speed and incline and I'm happy :)

We've never belonged to a gym (we're too cheap 🤣 ) so Proforms have been fine for us. I don't like set programs and I just want to control my speed and incline and I'm happy :)

We're on our second Proform treadmill and have a PF elliptical as well. We've had really good luck with them. Our current one we used for probably 6-7 years before the roller wore out, DH replaced it, used it once then the motor went out. DH replaced the motor then, and so far so good. We used it a ton too, 1-2 uses per day every day before we got the elliptical. We use it less now because of knee problems but I would definitely recommend it. We spent probably $800 on it originally.

We're on our second Proform treadmill and have a PF elliptical as well. We've had really good luck with them. Our current one we used for probably 6-7 years before the roller wore out, DH replaced it, used it once then the motor went out. DH replaced the motor then, and so far so good. We used it a ton too, 1-2 uses per day every day before we got the elliptical. We use it less now because of knee problems but I would definitely recommend it. We spent probably $800 on it originally.
I'd really love an elliptical also! We hiked almost 8 miles today (about 5 miles uphill - thought I was dying!!) and then we did an evening walk around a lake. I clocked 10+ miles overall and 25k steps. We love being outside! However, we live in CO lol, and winter will be here by end of October. We can use the treadmill, like we always do, but I'd love to add to our home gym.

No idea on shipt (sorry lol).

He can apply for both - but unless something has changed, you can’t do it at the same time. I seem to recall needing to space out Amex CC apps by a week or so. (You can do a CC and charge card on the same day but not 2 CCs). Also be aware that they have a 4 CC limit (used to be 5 but again I believe it’s 4 now) and he already has 2 so getting both would put him at his CC limit. I know I sound a bit iffy on this and that’s because I’m not always 100% up on all things Amex - but I feel fairly confident in this answer.

Is he going to be able to use your support link for these cards? 😊 That of course would make it more lucrative - and reminder do not self-support on Amex (or any issuer for that matter).
Okay he may only get one card then. I only have a BBP so I don’t think he can use a support link from me? We’ve barely done anything with Amex so I’m not really sure what I’m doing lol. We were trying to stay with a no AF card unless someone can convince me of another Amex card that’s better

Dh got an email from capital one saying the reason he was denied was because he has a currently pending or recently approved application with them. He got his venture in February this year and that’s his only card or application he’s ever had with them so I’m confused

Dh got an email from capital one saying the reason he was denied was because he has a currently pending or recently approved application with them. He got his venture in February this year and that’s his only card or application he’s ever had with them so I’m confused

I know Cap1 used to have a 1 card/6 mos rule. Not sure if that’s still the case, but maybe that was it?

Think Cap 1 has a 1 approval in 6 months rule. I guess your timing might have just fallen foul of that.

ETA: looks like @Limes96 got in while I was replying.

I'd really love an elliptical also! We hiked almost 8 miles today (about 5 miles uphill - thought I was dying!!) and then we did an evening walk around a lake. I clocked 10+ miles overall and 25k steps. We love being outside! However, we live in CO lol, and winter will be here by end of October. We can use the treadmill, like we always do, but I'd love to add to our home gym.

I'm impressed!! DW and I hiked almost 7 miles yesterday - but was difficult, rocky terrain and a lot steep uphill (like climbing a ladder steep) - took almost 4 hours but was enjoyable.

Tell you one thing though.....there was no way we were getting off the sofa to take an evening walk!!

Okay he may only get one card then. I only have a BBP so I don’t think he can use a support link from me? We’ve barely done anything with Amex so I’m not really sure what I’m doing lol. We were trying to stay with a no AF card unless someone can convince me of another Amex card that’s better
You can generate a support link for him from your BBP

Okay I’m gonna sound dumb but how do I generate a support for another card from my BBP? Does he click on “view all cards with a referral offer”? We’ve always done chase so I have no idea what I’m doing with Amex
Go into your AmEx account, on the BBP home page, you should see Refer Friends, Get Rewarded, click on it.

on that page, you can copy the referral link.

paste it into a new window and remove all of the extra wording prior to the http Url and enter

on This screen, you’ll have a list of business cards, click on the link for personal cards.

on this screen, select the personal card you want to apply for

apply for the card for DH

once approved, you’ll get the 10k MR referral bonus.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter