I love credit cards so much! v3.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Question for Amazon fans.... does the gc trick to pay for prime still work? (obviously it's been a year since I did this lol)

I keep thinking I'm going to dip my toes in bank bonus, but for some reason I always talk myself out of it. For those bank bonus pros, how difficult is it to keep track of everything? Any tips, spreadsheets you can share.

I just looked mine up and I have done 8 of them between DH and myself. My spreadsheet is pretty simple and I have columns for Date - Person (P1 or P2) - Bank - Account # - Routing # - Sign up Bonus - Date Bonus Received - Date Cancelled - DOC link. I put that information in and then I just type up some of the main requirements and things I need to remember about each offer. For example on the first one I did, I wrote
To keep fee free, must have $500 monthly direct deposits or $1,500 minimum daily balance
No Early termination fee - Doc readers recommend keeping open for a few months
Need direct deposits from each check in March, April and May

I have done many, and you definitely want to be organized and pay attention to requirements, dates, and possible fees. I keep a simple spreadsheet to maintain the info, and I always keep a screenshot of the offer with the details. I once had to fight for one bonus that didn't post, so it's good to have proof of the offer. DoC's posts about bonuses will have the main details. I also read the weekly bank bonus thread on reddit. The other thing to consider is how long you're willing to tie up your money. Some banks require that you keep your funds deposited for a certain time period. Having multiple bank accounts, and meeting bonus requirements, is definitely more work than just having one account. But, the same could be said about credit cards. :)

Thanks for mentioning the thread on reddit. I need to try to find it!

Welcome to Clearwater Beach and the Hyatt Regency! We got a sweet upgrade to a 2 bed, 2 bath gulf front! Value $3000 for 4 nights! They said not to worry about the cost of breakfast it will be comped, free valet parking and a mimosa greeting upon arrival. Globalist status definitely has its perks!

Beautiful! We just got back from San Antonio where we stayed in a Hyatt Regency. We really enjoyed it. I wish that I had sprung for the suite. We paid 12,000 points per night (will get 4,000 per night back) and the suites were 20,000 (would end up 15,000 points per night). We ended up spending most evenings in the room which was fine, but would have enjoyed the extra space for sure!

Back on 9/30 when the 10x streaming was active I purchased $500 iTunes credit on my CSR, to stock up for the new iPhone. I finally checked the history today and it looks like I only got 1x. Should I reach out to chase to see if I can get the the other 4,500 URs, or is that sketchy so I should just leave it be?

Well 0 for 2 these days.... yesterday I SM'd Chase asking for the additional 4,500 and was told that the transaction posted on 10/1 and therefore I wasn't eligible. I provided my email receipt from Apple proving the transaction occurred 9/30, as well as my UR activity, which reflected 9/30. However, my CSR statement shows the transaction on 10/1 and therefore no extra 9x URs for me :/

Just got an email offer on my Hyatt card for spend $250 get $75 back good today until March 31.

I also have the 10% offer up to $25 already on my Hyatt card.

Any remote chance they will honor both offers if I stay before the 10% offer expires Nov 22?

In addition I have an Amex offer for Hyatt for spend $250 get $50 back on my Gold. Hadn't added it, so kind of trying to wait to see if I can add it to a different MR card.

I just checked and mine haven't been extended either. I keep checking because I'm hoping to use them at the beginning of July for a wedding we're going to in Anaheim, was planning to use them at the Fairfield Anaheim Resort but it's only available to book through May 14th. Really hoping DL is open by then so we can go to DL too although at this point not so sure that's going to happen. :sad2:
That's what I'm waiting for too. I had it booked last June, hoping for next June with an open DLR. I keep checking every couple weeks. I recall them opening dates far later than other places including Courtyard Anaheim Theme Park entrance.

Can you share the trick? Is this on dischurners?
Just buy yourself the gift of prime and make sure your account isn’t set to auto renew. Once you get the email saying prime ended, then you activate your new gift of prime.
The nice thing is that you can pay for the gift membership with your balance which ideally you loaded with a GC purchased at a discount.

@ten6mom - got this email from Disney which may be good news for you:

If I'm reading correctly, you can get/try for a boarding group at DHS without leaving your hotel room, starting Nov 3rd, so long as you have a ticket and a reservation.

will come as no surprise to our Guests that Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance is one of the most popular experiences at Walt Disney World Resort and the virtual queue itself has become equally popular. To make the virtual queue process even more convenient and help Guests plan ahead, we will be piloting a new approach starting Tuesday, Nov. 3.

Here's how it will work:

• Guests with a valid ticket or pass and a Disney Park Pass Reservation for Disney's Hollywood Studios will be able to access the virtual queue system starting 7 a.m. on the day of their park reservation to check for an available boarding group. This can be done before you leave your Resort hotel or wherever else you happen to be nearby at that time.
  • Just as we do today, a second round of virtual queue inventory will still be released at 2 p.m., to anyone who wasn’t already able to join a boarding group earlier in the day.

If I'm reading correctly, you can get/try for a boarding group at DHS without leaving your hotel room, starting Nov 3rd, so long as you have a ticket and a reservation.

will come as no surprise to our Guests that Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance is one of the most popular experiences at Walt Disney World Resort and the virtual queue itself has become equally popular. To make the virtual queue process even more convenient and help Guests plan ahead, we will be piloting a new approach starting Tuesday, Nov. 3.

Here's how it will work:

• Guests with a valid ticket or pass and a Disney Park Pass Reservation for Disney's Hollywood Studios will be able to access the virtual queue system starting 7 a.m. on the day of their park reservation to check for an available boarding group. This can be done before you leave your Resort hotel or wherever else you happen to be nearby at that time.
  • Just as we do today, a second round of virtual queue inventory will still be released at 2 p.m., to anyone who wasn’t already able to join a boarding group earlier in the day.
This is a major change for the positive for pretty much everybody. The current system was driving way too many people into the park at rope drop causing lines to balloon within minutes of park opening.

Here's how it will work:

Thank you! I am VERY anxious to see how this ends up working out for people! On the one hand I like the idea of (hopefully) no mad rush to rope drop DHS (because I understand it can be quite stressful to even get there timely with the Skyliner etc), but on the other hand I am a bit concerned about Disney IT's ability to accurately filter out those people/accounts who don't have a park reservation for that date.

Does anyone know if homeowners insurance companies take credit cards for deductible? We had a huge tree fall on our house today. Tens of thousands in damage. Hoping to at least pay the deductible on a card...

Isn't it like car insurance in that the deductible is the part you cover, therefore you pay that to whomever does the work, not the insurance company that has your policy. Just as I'd imagine they'd cut you a check due to the various companies that will probably be involved in removing and fixing the house?

My mom's never mentioned having to pay more to her ins when she made a claim on the fence, and she got a check from them, so she paid the entire thing on her credit card.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter