I love credit cards so much! v3.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Isn't it like car insurance in that the deductible is the part you cover, therefore you pay that to whomever does the work, not the insurance company that has your policy. Just as I'd imagine they'd cut you a check due to the various companies that will probably be involved in removing and fixing the house?

My mom's never mentioned having to pay more to her ins when she made a claim on the fence, and she got a check from them, so she paid the entire thing on her credit card.
Ha, you’re right. Sorry, I am not thinking clearly today at all. It was a kind of traumatizing experience. I was outside this morning with my dogs and moving deck furniture because the winds were picking up, went inside, 15 minutes later tree came down in the same place I had been working. Very scary. Thanks for your reply. My general contractor takes credit card, so I guess I’m all set with that, assuming he’s the one I would pay deductible to since his will be the bulk of the work. Now if only I would have already applied for and gotten a CSP to put this spend on. :(

Ha, you’re right. Sorry, I am not thinking clearly today at all. It was a kind of traumatizing experience. I was outside this morning with my dogs and moving deck furniture because the winds were picking up, went inside, 15 minutes later tree came down in the same place I had been working. Very scary. Thanks for your reply. My general contractor takes credit card, so I guess I’m all set with that, assuming he’s the one I would pay deductible to since his will be the bulk of the work. Now if only I would have already applied for and gotten a CSP to put this spend on. :(

I figured that was the case, and super glad you and the dogs are safe. I watched some of the storm coverage, it was quick but still so strong once it was inland.

The deductible is just the amount you have to make up, so if it's $1k and the estimate is $10k then they'll pay you $9k. So it doesn't need to go to any one place.

Glad you are ok!!

I was happy to receive the Hyatt offer email for $75 off $250 which will come in handy together with the Amex offer for $50 off $250. I've decided to do my first mattress run this December. I registered for the Bonus Journeys promo and now have a 30 night stay booked in December and checking out in January which will give me Globalist status for 2021 and 2022. We wound up booking this mattress run near WDW so I also cancelled all of my weekend DVC reservations in December. Saving DVC points was an extra bonus. It looks like I will be exploring Hyatt properties next year instead planes with showers LOL

Can anyone tell me what the pull out beds are like in boardwalk villas? Or any villas for that matter. I haven’t had good sofa bed experiences, but I’m hoping Disney does them right?

We have a 7 night cert still as well as 2 FNC's between dh & I. No email extending nor are the dates changed. Our last name starts with an 'A' so you'd think they would get to us pretty quick..
My last name starts with W, maybe they went Z to A this time. lol. My FNC in my account have not changed but I did get the email.

Welcome to Clearwater Beach and the Hyatt Regency! We got a sweet upgrade to a 2 bed, 2 bath gulf front! Value $3000 for 4 nights! They said not to worry about the cost of breakfast it will be comped, free valet parking and a mimosa greeting upon arrival. Globalist status definitely has its perks!
We stayed 2 nights there in July and really enjoyed it! We'd never been to Clearwater Beach before and we agreed we'd like to go back. We were being super careful and pretty much just went to the beach and back to our room since there were so many cases in Florida at the time. We did get carryout pizza from a nearby restaurant and it was delicious!

This is a major change for the positive for pretty much everybody. The current system was driving way too many people into the park at rope drop causing lines to balloon within minutes of park opening.
I'll be at DHS on Nov 4th with my mom and uncle. Fingers crossed the boarding group process goes smoothly and we get to ride!

Can anyone tell me what the pull out beds are like in boardwalk villas? Or any villas for that matter. I haven’t had good sofa bed experiences, but I’m hoping Disney does them right?

They are heavier than a typical sofa bed. No cheap metal frame. You walk the sofa bed out to set it up and it is then fairly solid. Still not the same as a real bed. The DVC model at Riviera and the new rooms at SSR are apparently better as they pull straight down and don’t fold up (if that makes sense).

Apply now for the CSP and call to get it expedited!

First of all, thankfully you are safe! Falling trees are so dangerous. There was just video last evening on our local news of one falling onto a police cruiser as the officer was driving. You could see he had no chance to avoid it, but fortunately was not killed but shaken up pretty badly. A local woman was not so lucky earlier in the summer.

You should have time to apply and get a CSP and have it expedited before you have to pay all your costs.

Meanwhile, I'm waiting for son in law to bring a (professional) tree crew to get rid of two more trees in my back yard. Not worried about these hitting my house but they are old maples and ready to go. One has a branch that could cause damage to my neighbor and their son in law trimmed it back quite a bit in August and lightened it up a lot. The other tree is in bad shape and too close to my shed, but far enough from our homes. This project is scheduled in two weeks, but is cash only as I'm getting the 'weekend' rate.

Anyone buying a home, one thing I would in hindsight check is what trees may cause a problem. These are expensive to remove and can also cause foundation damage. Don't plant stuff close in that will grow 40-50 feet tall. You may regret it if you are still around in 20 years. Any bit of wind or soaking rains around here and all you get are tree falling on houses videos.

First of all, thankfully you are safe! Falling trees are so dangerous. There was just video last evening on our local news of one falling onto a police cruiser as the officer was driving. You could see he had no chance to avoid it, but fortunately was not killed but shaken up pretty badly. A local woman was not so lucky earlier in the summer.

You should have time to apply and get a CSP and have it expedited before you have to pay all your costs.

Meanwhile, I'm waiting for son in law to bring a (professional) tree crew to get rid of two more trees in my back yard. Not worried about these hitting my house but they are old maples and ready to go. One has a branch that could cause damage to my neighbor and their son in law trimmed it back quite a bit in August and lightened it up a lot. The other tree is in bad shape and too close to my shed, but far enough from our homes. This project is scheduled in two weeks, but is cash only as I'm getting the 'weekend' rate.

Anyone buying a home, one thing I would in hindsight check is what trees may cause a problem. These are expensive to remove and can also cause foundation damage. Don't plant stuff close in that will grow 40-50 feet tall. You may regret it if you are still around in 20 years. Any bit of wind or soaking rains around here and all you get are tree falling on houses videos.
So true. We never thought this tree would come down. It was an 80 year old pecan. About 70-80 ft tall. It was far enough away from the house, so we thought. The top limbs are what clipped the back end of the house. Thankfully it wasn't worst. Our deck took most of the brunt of the fall, so I think that helped also. Our deck, that we just built this summer to enjoy the pool during quarantine. :(
After this experience, we are also going to remove an old maple tree that is around the same age, and needs to go. If it came down in a storm, it would also hit the house but on the opposite end. Thankfully, tree removal around here is not super expensive...the two quotes we got yesterday to remove the tree from the house were $3000 and $2850. So I'm hoping to remove an upright tree (at our expense) would be even cheaper, lol.

Does anyone else hate the new Chase layout when looking at your accounts on desktop? They had the dual modes for months but now the old school activity screen seems lost and gone. Am I being a little old man yells at cloud here?

You’re not alone. I absolutely hate the new look. It’s like they regressed to some 1990’s website look. It’s awful.

No experience with BW but we've used them at BCV, BLT , VB, and WL. They are firmish. As sleeper sofas go, they are way better than the old fashioned ones. We even looked into purchasing one for our condo a few years ago.

They are heavier than a typical sofa bed. No cheap metal frame. You walk the sofa bed out to set it up and it is then fairly solid. Still not the same as a real bed. The DVC model at Riviera and the new rooms at SSR are apparently better as they pull straight down and don’t fold up (if that makes sense).
No experience with BW but we've used them at BCV, BLT , VB, and WL. They are firmish. As sleeper sofas go, they are way better than the old fashioned ones. We even looked into purchasing one for our condo a few years ago.
Thanks for the info, it's very helpful! I always avoided the rooms with sofa beds because I pictured the thin mattress, bar in the middle, horribly uncomfortable kind, but I think I'll consider them for a possible January trip. But of course it'll still be the kids in the sofa bed and not me!

Does anyone else hate the new Chase layout when looking at your accounts on desktop? They had the dual modes for months but now the old school activity screen seems lost and gone. Am I being a little old man yells at cloud here?

Kinda. This old woman has had to move on from a load of things. Last night I had to submit a Costco receipt to get $25 back on cleaning products. Upload the receipt in no more than 3 pics, all of which must be 5MB or less. I didn't know how to reduce the MB's other than to keep taking pics until I got a couple that were less than 5. So, 4.9MB - you would think I succeeded right? No. Once added they turned into 5.1MB's which was unacceptable.

I finally got some smaller pics and uploaded them successfully. Then hit submit - and nothing but a spinning circle and an error message. Time to quit and go to sleep. But instead I called the help number, someone answered in a couple of minutes - wasn't expecting that. Customer service being what it is these days.

CS, who was excellent and kind at 10pm, said 'use a different browser'. I did and it all went to computer heaven and the CS stayed on the line until she could see that it had been accepted and approved. But, earlier I had kissed that $25 goodbye. Made me feel a little stronger to get through this.

So true. We never thought this tree would come down. It was an 80 year old pecan. About 70-80 ft tall. It was far enough away from the house, so we thought. The top limbs are what clipped the back end of the house. Thankfully it wasn't worst. Our deck took most of the brunt of the fall, so I think that helped also. Our deck, that we just built this summer to enjoy the pool during quarantine. :(
After this experience, we are also going to remove an old maple tree that is around the same age, and needs to go. If it came down in a storm, it would also hit the house but on the opposite end. Thankfully, tree removal around here is not super expensive...the two quotes we got yesterday to remove the tree from the house were $3000 and $2850. So I'm hoping to remove an upright tree (at our expense) would be even cheaper, lol.

I've paid for so many trees. From $800 to $1500, the latter requiring the stump grinding as I wanted the roots gone. My quote for the 2 trees that I'm dealing with now was $2500, no stump grinding but remove all the wood. My son in law can get it done for less. The mother in law plan.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!