I love credit cards so much! v3.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for reminding me. I linked my Doordash and Lyft to CSR on but couldn’t find the Hilton/Lyft link. Looked on the app today and got it all set

DH got his CIP last week, already put $4800 on it. Got the congrats email from Chase yesterday. 🙄. Pretty sure paying mid cycle won’t be a problem. There are people on this thread who pay weekly or more often without issues.

I wonder that often...

I’m a little bummed this is being released already. I’m usually chomping at the bit to book but DSs school schedule has not been released for next year. I’d like to do a trip in September or October when there are usually a few 3 day weekends but the darn school district is so slow.
you can also do delta or JetBlue for a triple-dip also. I do delta myself.

What would I do i this scenario?
I made a reservation for P2 and I. I then made another for DS on the same flight. Both cash.
I’ve just earned the CP and haven’t added online yet.
Thanks
I am assuming you booked a “get away flight” and not one of the anytime or business flights?

I had a travel voucher that I used for DS’s flight home on 1/20 and even though he is now DH’s CP, I just let his 1/20 go without the CP since if I cancel I believe I’ll just get a travel credit/funds that need to be used within a year of booking. And since he is CP, he won’t get to use it.

Maybe there is something SW can do but I believe when canceling a cash flight, the credit is issued to that traveler and can’t be transferred. Maybe if you call, they have some secret methods.

And now, I‘m intrigued and might need to try DM on Twitter.

My impression is that MR are best for transferring to FF programs, and that the Schwab Plat will get you the 1.25 cpp cash out. Oh, and of course the occasional 1cpp for the 20% discount on Amazon (using just 1MR). 😉
What about for Dishwashers??? 🤣 I've heard some people like using their MRs for things such as that... :rolleyes1

Ok I'm really thinking the CP would be the best bet for us, but not sure which way to go about it. Thinking MDD since that would be lower AF but haven't heard from anyone who's been successful with that lately so it makes me a little nervous. I know we're limited here so can anyone with experience message me or post on reddit?
Lots of data point on Churning.

Ok I'm really thinking the CP would be the best bet for us, but not sure which way to go about it. Thinking MDD since that would be lower AF but haven't heard from anyone who's been successful with that lately so it makes me a little nervous. I know we're limited here so can anyone with experience message me or post on reddit?
I was successful on 1/6-1/7.

And for anyone else wondering what AmEx MR points are worth, AmEx has a calculator you can see without having a MR card. You select which card you'd be using and it'll show you the rates. I'm not sure why you select a card since I'm pretty sure they're fixed redemption rates, but I'm not an MR expert, maybe there's a super secret perk to a crazy card I'm not aware of :laughing: Maybe I should select each card and see!

https://global.americanexpress.com/rewards/calculator
As an example, here's what booking through the portal will get you, from .07 - 1 cpp depending on what you're booking.
View attachment 465726

And I'm pretty sure this is why people view the MR program as complicated and Chase's URs are easy in comparison.
I use this for premium economy flights on delta they actually give a nice discount for cash tickets with amex platnium.

What would I do i this scenario?
I made a reservation for P2 and I. I then made another for DS on the same flight. Both cash.
I’ve just earned the CP and haven’t added online yet.
Thanks
So if they're all on cash, what I'd do is cancel the cash flight for your son. Name him as your companion. Save his credit for your next flight (which can be used 12 months from when you originally booked). When that flight is over you change your companion to your wife for flights going forward and hope to have an opportunity to use your son's travel fund on a future flight.

Hagrid’s was great today. The wait time said 90 min. We got in line at 12:30 and we off by 1:10 pm. The best wait was in one of the holding rooms where it is mandatory (think similar to Gringott’s, if you have been on it). It was awesome! We just kept moving and moving and moving!
That's encouraging! 2.5 weeks until I am there! I've only ever ridden single rider so I've never been in the majority of the rooms.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter