I love credit cards so much! v3.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.

I was able to use the SW adjustment "method" to save 24,404 RR’s for our outgoing flight in May to MCO! :yay: :yay: I was also able to change our return flight from 6 am to 1:30 pm, which sounds so much more enjoyable! We should be able to enjoy our last full day instead of worrying about getting up at 3 am for the flight home! Maybe we can fit in a nice breakfast at Citywalk that day (we’ll be at UO for the last 3 nights of our trip). Thanks to everyone who posted about this!

Now - opinions needed please! Right now we’re booked on a 6:10 am flight to MCO, arriving in Orlando at 9:50 am. The other direct option we have is a 10:55 am flight, arriving at 2:40 pm. Would you switch to the later flight? My preference is usually to arrive earlier, but my DH hates these early flights, and they’re hard on the kids too. Also, we’ll be flying out of KC (driving up the night before) and staying at my SIL’s house, and she’ll drive us to the airport. We're also imposing on her to get up that early to drop us off at the airport. Another negative is if we rent a car (which we normally do), that’s an additional one day of rental we’ll need (I think) because of the later return flight. The pro for the earlier flight is more time a Disney! Thoughts?
We have a 6 am flight out, if there were a10:55 I would have done it. Our other option for a direct would have been leaving at 6:30 pm. My whole family hates the idea of a super early flight but they rather do that then get there are 10 pm. That’s what helped make our decision.

Question about using my Bonvoy Brilliant Cert. I know where and when I want to use it and am worried the hotel will not have availability by the time it posts. Can I book the room on points now and then call it to pay with the cert once it posts and get my Bonblah points back?

I don't understand the Hertz website. I check on a car for our trip to Orlando next month not logged in and it says there are no cars available except for a Range Rover for $3000 per week. When I look through Chase, it's $550 for the week. When I log into DH's account and put his company business code in (he's allowed to use it for personal trips), it shows every type of car available and it's only $230 for the week...

I'm just going to book it on DH's new CO Venture since it has car rental coverage and I can erase the charge later.

Ooooooookayyyyyyy, I asked this quite a while back on the old thread but didn't write everything down :blush:

What ideas should I be exploring to get to London/Paris... I've got 700kish URs currently, DH: 130k MRs + 40k to come, Me: 80k URs + 75k to come

I am belatedly looking for later this year so I'm not expecting fancy flights necessarily.

So now I am thinking about possibly thinking about Costa Rica for a Christmas week trip. Are the resorts mostly geared toward beach things? We'd be more interested in hikes or wildlife type things.
The resort can be your home base for whatever you want. Some resorts are on the beach, but others are in the middle of the country. There are sooo many tours/hikes/zip lines/national parks/volcanoes to see. We have been twice without really scratching the surface
what is GSB?
Great Southern Bank. They allow $5k in funding to open some accounts if they are in your area.
How many GSB accounts do you have? And have you kept funds in them?
I opened a checking account, funded it with $5k from a SW card. Withdrew most of the money, left only a few hundred. A couple months later, tried to open a money market. Denied, they asked why I needed it when I wasn’t using my checking. Oops. Opened checking for DH, funded with a card. DH has an easy to change DD paycheck, so have been putting his check in that account for a few months before opening a new money market.
Gringotts Secret Bank.
Shhh
I did chat two days ago and got a FNC extended for a year. This was a FNC that a different CSR had previously told me couldn’t be extended.
I have been told a FNC couldn’t be extended when it was far out from expiration date. Once the expiration date was closer, the CSR could extend it. YMMV.

So if they're all on cash, what I'd do is cancel the cash flight for your son. Name him as your companion. Save his credit for your next flight (which can be used 12 months from when you originally booked). When that flight is over you change your companion to your wife for flights going forward and hope to have an opportunity to use your son's travel fund on a future flight.
Oh, good idea. I could cancel DS’s and then later in the year switch myself to CP and pay for DS’s flight and then flip it back to DS afterwards.

Question about using my Bonvoy Brilliant Cert. I know where and when I want to use it and am worried the hotel will not have availability by the time it posts. Can I book the room on points now and then call it to pay with the cert once it posts and get my Bonblah points back?
Yes. Should not be a problem. Did that for my upcoming Anaheim trip.

DoorDash fail on my part. When I was searching for what I thought was pick up locations I wasn't and Dick's is only delivery so I had to stand in line like a peasant and pay with actual money, well on my credit card. So I guess I'll get take out at some point from somewhere I occasionally eat. Oh well, I gotta eat anyway.

The Zync cards are officially no more (well on 3/30).

I had an Amex Zync and I LOVED it. But when I got into churning hardcore, I closed it to move on to more lucrative cards. It remains my favorite looking Amex. That white card was so slick and ALWAYS a conversation starter, lol.

It will always have a soft spot in my heart as my very first Amex charge.

https://www.doctorofcredit.com/american-express-zync-cards-to-all-be-closed-on-3-30/

I had an Amex Zync and I LOVED it. But when I got into churning hardcore, I closed it to move on to more lucrative cards. It remains my favorite looking Amex. That white card was so slick and ALWAYS a conversation starter, lol.

https://www.doctorofcredit.com/american-express-zync-cards-to-all-be-closed-on-3-30/
Yes same!! It was my first Amex charge as well, and I loved the look of it! We canceled ours around 2013/2014, but I still miss that slick card in my wallet, lol. The Hilton Amex that I have is so ugly imo.

Did you see the rumor is Amex is planning to use the color/design for its – also rumored – forthcoming super premium card in between the Platinum and Centurion, again rumored to be called "Optio"? I can see this as a slick piece of marketing. Optio is a second-in-command position behind the Centurion, who led a centuria of a Roman army. The Centurion card is all black. The Optio card may be all white. (And hey, Apple's new hotness is all white.) The Platinum is platinum. The Gold is gold or rose gold. And the Green is green and "green."

If you believe the comments on DoC's original story: "A little bird told me it would be named Optio. Would be $1500/year. Would be by invite only to current Platinum holders, but easier to obtain than Centurion. Would have most of the Centurion benefits except concierge and Equinox and would be Delta Gold instead of Platinum." I recall DoC also thinks the Platinum card's Centurion Lounge benefit may get more restrictions with the release of this rumored card.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter