I love credit cards so much! v3.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Update to Chase/BJs saga. Used 3 cards for 3 $150 Disney GC orders. SMd on 2 cards. One was denied immediately saying I hadn’t purchased before offer expired (because apparently they can’t read a calendar) Replied with screenshot of order showing one purchase. Got a “Will reply within 12 business days”. They finally replied today saying I didn’t meet the requirements despite having made one purchase it was billed separately so it doesn’t count. But to be nice, they credited me $25 on my now zero balance. So I used that card to buy DS his coveted Cheesehead hat today.

The other SM got a reply that they would check with the seller, then later applied a $25 credit. I will take my $50 and forget the third card. Since all 3 orders tracked on Rakuten, I paid $324.62 for $450 in Disney GCs. Win!

Noticed today on my other forum I look at daily (dave matthews forum) that the SW trick was mentioned....that post came from a quote from a Pearl Jam Fan site...pretty wild how wide spread it is now.
I also just saw the SW trick on Lines
I think we were one of the first to know it...so we can at least have solace in that fact, right?

Even though I was fine with the changes to my May SWA flight, after seeing posts on here I double checked and the flight has gone up in price, but down in points. I paid for mine with LUV vouchers and my younger son is my companion, but I used points to book my other son's flight. So I re-booked it at the lower price and got 7k SWA RR points back. But, because they had issues with the computer they had to cancel and rebook and because it was a "changed" flight they refunded the Early Bird I had bought him.

Well, the thing is, when I booked the early birds I screwed up and put the EB charges on my SWA CC, because I forgot that my Hilton CC had reset for this year and I have up to $250 in credits for any EB purchases on SWA. So when I rebooked the EB I put it on the Hilton and saved another $40!!

Yeah, thanks everyone!

Doing some credit card thinking...

Can I put P2's Freedom on my Samsung Pay?

He's AU on my Freedom so I was thinking of PCing it to CFU, then just using his CF for the quarterlies. I think we've only maxed both cards one time. He does not have a phone capable of Samsung Pay and that's one category I do well on because I use it everywhere. I'd rather see 1.5x on my non-bonus purchases than the 1x on my CSR. That said, what would be the best time to PC at CF (lots of acronyms lol), I don't think I'll max Q1 so was thinking of just doing it now. I don't think I've used mine at all this quarter I got gas one time. Does that matter?

DoorDash fail on my part. When I was searching for what I thought was pick up locations I wasn't and Dick's is only delivery so I had to stand in line like a peasant and pay with actual money, well on my credit card. So I guess I'll get take out at some point from somewhere I occasionally eat. Oh well, I gotta eat anyway.
I’m actually looking forward to ordering from my favorite local Chinese food place at some point since I saw they were on there. Despite my little side Kung Pao chicken from my Panda DoorDash attempt. The pull of my lazy side is strong lol...

Saw DoorDash gift card on Amazon in case anyone is really a fan...

Doing some credit card thinking...

Can I put P2's Freedom on my Samsung Pay?

He's AU on my Freedom so I was thinking of PCing it to CFU, then just using his CF for the quarterlies. I think we've only maxed both cards one time. He does not have a phone capable of Samsung Pay and that's one category I do well on because I use it everywhere. I'd rather see 1.5x on my non-bonus purchases than the 1x on my CSR. That said, what would be the best time to PC at CF (lots of acronyms lol), I don't think I'll max Q1 so was thinking of just doing it now. I don't think I've used mine at all this quarter I got gas one time. Does that matter?
For Apple Pay you can put the same card on multiple phones. Why not test it out right now?

I’m actually looking forward to ordering from my favorite local Chinese food place at some point since I saw they were on there. Despite my little side Kung Pao chicken from my Panda DoorDash attempt. The pull of my lazy side is strong lol...

Saw DoorDash gift card on Amazon in case anyone is really a fan...

I just wish someone would figure out the ulimate DD hack. Sign up to be a DD driver through sb cause it's a good payout and then be your own driver for your order. Win win! If only...

giphy.gif

JK JK :D

You can use CIP for the rental car if you want. The only reason not to is if you want the insurance coverage from your CSP. Most people have been told the credit card name and the main driver need to be the same. You could just change that at the rental desk. Since it is through Costco, you’ll still get two drivers and you DH can drive.

Thanks! I will report back on how the trip went when we get back. We never would have been going if it wasn't for points and all the help from this thread!

@wendow - I can’t find the comment now from earlier but SOOOOO happy you got your Disney + corrected!! Now go back and ask for 6 months additional free!!! 🤣
Thank you! I know we should ask for something but man, I'm just worn out by them. I cannot believe it took 2+ mos to get this resolved! And we still have been charged for 2 mos on the 'free' account. I was thinking about doing a chargeback with Amex but we have no proof of anything to send. I'm not even sure how that would work. I'm going to keep calling Disney though until it's done.

Approved! Chase Gremlins work Friday nights evidently. Minimum CL of 3k so I'll be moving some credit but it's in my account and I can SM to have it expedited at least.

I guess don't apply 3 hours after lowering CLs? I gave up a bunch of credit but it probably didn't update in the systems fully. Or they're wondering why my "biz" needs all this credit that doesn't get used on the regular. "You mean CCs aren't like tissues? I shouldn't get a new one for each charge?" :p

Approved! Chase Gremlins work Friday nights evidently. Minimum CL of 3k so I'll be moving some credit but it's in my account and I can SM to have it expedited at least.

I guess don't apply 3 hours after lowering CLs? I gave up a bunch of credit but it probably didn't update in the systems fully. Or they're wondering why my "biz" needs all this credit that doesn't get used on the regular. "You mean CCs aren't like tissues? I shouldn't get a new one for each charge?" :p
Congratulations!!!

Ooooooookayyyyyyy, I asked this quite a while back on the old thread but didn't write everything down :blush:

What ideas should I be exploring to get to London/Paris... I've got 700kish URs currently, DH: 130k MRs + 40k to come, Me: 80k URs + 75k to come

I am belatedly looking for later this year so I'm not expecting fancy flights necessarily.

What kind of help do you want? I'm not an expert, but I'm happy to help out.

I started with checking on award hacker, and then figured out which airlines to check for available space. Both URs and MRs transfer to AF (which is what we are flying these days since there is a direct and this way we can avoid the huge fees flying BA through LRH). It's not too late - I'd just go online and check availability for the flights you're interested in. We booked tickets in 4/19 for flights in 9/19 and still were able to find J-class since we were somewhat flexible. I'd also check the airlines that have a hub near you. A friend just flew Delta One to LHR, and AA and UA also have flights to those places.

Also check Eurostar for train schedules between the two cities since it's generally much quicker (door to door) to take the train than to fly between them.

We've used between 50-70K MRs or URs to fly one way in biz to Europe, depending on the dates/airlines/destinations. That should give you a ball park figure. Know that those were good fares, and we've seen flights for 250-350K one way on other dates (so being flexible really helps).

I hope this helps!

Oh, good idea. I could cancel DS’s and then later in the year switch myself to CP and pay for DS’s flight and then flip it back to DS afterwards.
Ha, and it was good thing I purchased DS a ticket And not relied on my CP. I went to add DS and kept getting an error. And then I thought about it while I was asleep and thought to check the flight. Yep, SOLD OUT! Good thing I didn’t cancel first. Maybe I could have grabbed it but not worth it to try since travel voucher was free.

Did you see the rumor is Amex is planning to use the color/design for its – also rumored – forthcoming super premium card in between the Platinum and Centurion, again rumored to be called "Optio"? I can see this as a slick piece of marketing. Optio is a second-in-command position behind the Centurion, who led a centuria of a Roman army. The Centurion card is all black. The Optio card may be all white. (And hey, Apple's new hotness is all white.) The Platinum is platinum. The Gold is gold or rose gold. And the Green is green and "green."

If you believe the comments on DoC's original story: "A little bird told me it would be named Optio. Would be $1500/year. Would be by invite only to current Platinum holders, but easier to obtain than Centurion. Would have most of the Centurion benefits except concierge and Equinox and would be Delta Gold instead of Platinum." I recall DoC also thinks the Platinum card's Centurion Lounge benefit may get more restrictions with the release of this rumored card.

Yes I read those comments. I've seen DoC post about Optio before. I won't be paying $1500 for the pleasure, tho! LOL.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter