I love credit cards so much! v3.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
when did you get reservations? I never saw where any universal hotels were open only the parks gradually.
They are allowing reservations but it has not been clearly articulated as to whether they will be open or not. I have the Doubletree Universal booked as a back-up,

Question about canceling a card after a product change.

SW Plus originally opened 8/12
PC’d to Priority 10/19.
$149 AF paid 3/20.

I know it’s normally recommended to cancel after AF posts so that would be 3/21. However, given that this card has been open since 8/12 (almost 8yrs) am I ok to cancel anytime? Thinking about doing a SW MDD in the fall for possible CP, which means I would need to cancel possibly in Aug/Sept. Is that ok, or no?
Yep, can cancel whenever at this point. But I expect your anniversary points will post in that Aug/Sep timeframe (depends on your actual anniversary date and where it falls in the statement cycle) so I'd hold off until you get those. Your anniversary date stays with the original card opening date rather than the PC date.

I PCd my original SW card and my anniversary points always posted on the statement that contained my card open date but the AF would post like 8 months later :laughing:

Generally the advice to wait for the AF to post is to make sure you keep it open at least a full year, and then to get any anniversary points/offers/benefits before PCing or closing. You'll met both of that before the next AF will post so March would be overkill for your current plan.

They are allowing reservations but it has not been clearly articulated as to whether they will be open or not. I have the Doubletree Universal booked as a back-up,
I called today to inquire about reserving premium seating at Volcano Bay. I asked a few times about the UO hotels being open from 6/5 on and she assured me several times they would be. Anecdotal news regarding this from several different people seems to be trending in the right direction although nothing official yet. Fingers crossed. I did make a DoubleTree reservation just in case. Thanks

Last edited:
You can pretty easily get Ceasars Diamond through status matching. I got mine through matching Hilton Gold from the Hilton Biz card. And once you have it you can status match back and forth between Wyndham every January/February. I don't think I'd pay $99 (I guess technically I paid $95 for the Hilton card, but I also got Hilton points lol)
Yeah. I was looking at all of that. But I dont have status with any hotel chains. Except maybe Gold now for Marriott. But not sure that counts as much.

He sleeps perfectly on our chests but we can’t have him do that all the time. Right now he’s propped on a boppy on the couch next to us. Normally we lay him on is back in his crib but that makes his gas worse. I hope he grows out of this soon 😕

Hang in there. DD was like that when she was very new small. Just wanted to be held. We found that letting her sleep on us meant that we could sleep, so we just went with it. This too shall pass. DD was a champion sleeper (on her own) as a toddler.

As promised, here are my Epcot master bathroom pictures. I’m not sure how much closer this got us to our MSR on DH’s CIP, I stopped counting after the fourth run to Home Depot. Here are some before pics (sorry, I can't figure out how to get them to rotate correctly):
3D68AFC6-E351-4E38-81AE-AAC2766EB518.jpeg281FAB68-F011-43D3-9D47-ABBE65075C32.jpeg90063C47-1871-4E9A-8D84-DEF63A09EA68.jpeg
I think whoever flipped this house ran out of money when they got to the master bath: the laminate on the mirror and vanity was peeling off the pressboard, the drawers were 1) crooked and 2) an inefficient use of space, the showerhead was flimsy plastic, the light fixture is the absolute cheapest one available at the Home Depot, and there was zero storage besides the shower nook and vanity.

For this facelift, we (well, DH mostly, bless him) upgraded the shower head, replaced the mirror with a surface mount medicine cabinet to add storage, and replaced the vanity with one that is a bit more durable and had more space for bulky items like towels and TP. We didn't *plan* to replace the faucet but ended up doing so as it started leaking like crazy when we first reinstalled it. I also did a deep clean and purchased new towels and trashcan/toilet brush/squeegee that fit the space better.

For the Epcot-inspired touches, I added a floated print of Spaceship Earth, the "Fountain of Nations" (or the torii gate from Japan depending on how I'm feeling that day) on the windowsill, and a terrarium and "grass" planters to evoke Living With The Land. However, my favorite details are the scents from Soarin: the bar soap is rose scented like the Taj Mahal section and the reed diffuser smells almost exactly like the island section (and also kind of like the end of Flight of Passage).

After:
image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

EDIT: I forgot to add that still on the to-do list is to update the lighting fixture and build a custom wood shower bench for that "spa" feeling. But DH worked so hard on this for the past two days that I'm not about to go ask him to start another project for me, haha.

Last edited:
I don’t think it’s colic because he really doesn’t scream that much. He just can’t sleep on his back because of the gas. I think he’s getting gas from my breast milk but I don’t know that for sure
Some babies are sensitive to things you are eating while breastfeeding. And it is not always the typical foods you read about. Keeping a food log / sleeping log for a week or two could help narrow it down. Good luck!

Hang in there. DD was like that when she was very new small. Just wanted to be held. We found that letting her sleep on us meant that we could sleep, so we just went with it. This too shall pass. DD was a champion sleeper (on her own) as a toddler.
It’s really only hard in the middle of the night when we’re exhausted. During the day I don’t mind holding him since I’m awake.

So Amex accidentaly cancelled the wrong card last month (cancelled platinum instead of my spg biz). They were able to fix it but I didn't realize I had to re-enroll in the saks benefit, choose an airline, and delete and add back my platinum card in the uber app to get the $15 credit to show up. Just an fyi in case this happens to anyone else.

i set up a reminder every 6 months to use sock drawer cards they have been aggressively closing inactive lines of credit as of lately from what I've read on other forums.
Yeah, I know that it's good practice and I do regularly put spend on my other cards. I'm just annoyed that CapOne didn't and still hasn't contacted me about closing the WM card. If I didn't have alerts set up with the credit bureaus, I wouldn't even know that the card was closed. I do have a banking relationship with them and another cc, so it's not like they couldn't reach me. I understand getting rid of underused accounts, but it seems like poor business practice to close accounts without notifying the account holder.

Yeah. I was looking at all of that. But I dont have status with any hotel chains. Except maybe Gold now for Marriott. But not sure that counts as much.

Boo. It looks like some people are able to match Mariott Gold to Hilton Gold so it may be worth a try. I was also able to get status with Hyatt using my work email and then matched that to MGM - M Life and it is then possible to match that in Person in Vegas to get Ceasars Diamond.

I called today to inquire about reserving premium seating at Volcano Bay. I asked a few times about the UO hotels being open from 6/5 on and she assured me several times they would be. Anecdotal news regarding this from several different people seems to be trending in the right direction although nothing official yet. Fingers crossed. I did make a DoubleTree reservation just in case. Thanks
Thanks. I’ll call this week to confirm since we are scheduled to arrive on 6/3. Could you reserve premium seating? We haven’t been to VB but I think i am going to upgrade our passes.

Some babies are sensitive to things you are eating while breastfeeding. And it is not always the typical foods you read about. Keeping a food log / sleeping log for a week or two could help narrow it down. Good luck!
yes..this is what I meant to say but you worded it better.... Back in the day I had the old la leche league nursing guidebook for info,which is what gave me my first clue as to what my baby's troubles might be....turned out he was sensitive to a lot of foods I was eating, dairy was a big bad one. And at 6 months when he started food, then the real fun began :rolleyes1 as we began discovering his long list of food he couldn't eat comfortably.(he's an adult now,and still has an allergy to wheat,everything else seemed to resolve)
All this to say, it can be frustrating and take while to figure out a balance that works for you all,esp. when baby is so very new,but you'll find what works best for you soon enough:thumbsup2

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter