I love credit cards so much! v3.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don’t think it’s colic because he really doesn’t scream that much. He just can’t sleep on his back because of the gas. I think he’s getting gas from my breast milk but I don’t know that for sure

Our oldest was a terrible sleeper those first few months. We ended up buying this reclining seat that she slept in until she starting rolling over. She slept the best in the car seat but it was too upright for my comfort, so we found something else that reclined more. She didn't like sleeping on her back either. Of course, safety regulations have changed a ton since then. You just have to figure out what works best for your little one so you can get your needed rest! Good luck and enjoy these sweet days as the years will fly by. Our oldest turned 21 just a few days ago.

Our oldest was a terrible sleeper those first few months. We ended up buying this reclining seat that she slept in until she starting rolling over. She slept the best in the car seat but it was too upright for my comfort, so we found something else that reclined more. She didn't like sleeping on her back either. Of course, safety regulations have changed a ton since then. You just have to figure out what works best for your little one so you can get your needed rest! Good luck and enjoy these sweet days as the years will fly by. Our oldest turned 21 just a few days ago.
I’m not comfortable putting him in anything reclining when we cant watch him. During the day I can sit next to him (like I am right now) while he’s on the boppy. His neck isn’t hunched over like it would be in a car seat so I feel a little better about it. Now the issue is he’ll start nursing and then after about 5-10 minutes he gets gas and starts to squirm and pull away. Then he won’t latch back on so we’re worried he might not be eating enough. He’s passed out right now after only nursing for 10 minutes. I can’t imagine he got enough in 10 minutes. I’m calling an ENT tomorrow to check if he has a tongue or lip tie because he makes a clicking sound when eating sometimes and the fussy/gassy stuff can also be caused by one

I’m not comfortable putting him in anything reclining when we cant watch him. During the day I can sit next to him (like I am right now) while he’s on the boppy. His neck isn’t hunched over like it would be in a car seat so I feel a little better about it. Now the issue is he’ll start nursing and then after about 5-10 minutes he gets gas and starts to squirm and pull away. Then he won’t latch back on so we’re worried he might not be eating enough. He’s passed out right now after only nursing for 10 minutes. I can’t imagine he got enough in 10 minutes. I’m calling an ENT tomorrow to check if he has a tongue or lip tie because he makes a clicking sound when eating sometimes and the fussy/gassy stuff can also be caused by one
As they get older they get very efficient at nursing. It is not uncommon for them to get everything they need in 10 minutes. If he is sleeping and not screaming as though he is hungry, then he likely got all he needed.

she's super cute but I've never learned how to post pics on here in all these years - a little calico baby

To post pictures just select this button (from the bar across the top of the Reply box) 496935 and drag your photo into the pop-up box (or show the path to your pic). Wait for it to upload. Preview it. Seems like sometimes I have to select "full size" rather than "thumbnail".

Speaking of posting photos, I always thought the trick to making them post upright was to crop them so they are wider than tall. Until I posted the pics below as an example. Maybe the trick is just to crop any photos that want to post sideways. I use Paint, but I think Word would work to crop, too.

Last edited:
We still have tickets booked to Italy for early July. I know we are not going on the trip but it is booked on Iberia and they are only offering vouchers on flights through June 30, at this point nothing after that.

I just checked and the flights we are on no longer show if you search to book tickets. I really would like to get my points back through Chase, they are booked on UR points. Is it too early to start that process since we haven't gotten any information about a cancellation?

Thanks. I’ll call this week to confirm since we are scheduled to arrive on 6/3. Could you reserve premium seating? We haven’t been to VB but I think i am going to upgrade our passes.
Yes, I reserved a pair for 69.99. There are 4 of us, and the kids don't stay put too long and we can share if they need to.
Talked again today to request seats by the wave pool; TM said you can't request a certain area, Guaranteed seats but not the area. First come, first served.

I received my $1500 in MC gift cards for switching to Verizon. Are there any tricks for churning or otherwise (best practices) that I can use besides just using them at sam's for disney gift cards?

To post pictures just select this button (from the bar across the top of the Reply box) View attachment 496935 and drag your photo into the pop-up box (or show the path to your pic). Wait for it to upload. Preview it. Seems like sometimes I have to select "full size" rather than "thumbnail".

Speaking of posting photos, I always thought the trick to making them post upright was to crop them so they are wider than tall. Until I posted the pics below as an example. Maybe the trick is just to crop any photos that want to post sideways. I use Paint, but I think Word would work to crop, too.

View attachment 496925

View attachment 496929
thanks I'll give it a try...

thanks @Hoosier John I did it! altho the pic is pretty big lol.... this is my new baby, she's still got a couple of weeks to go before I can actually bring her home tho-

Our two middle kids only slept well in a rock'n'play sleeper. It has since been recalled. I was terrified for most of my pregnancy that this baby wouldn't sleep well. So this time we bought a Snoo.
Fortunately, we got 40% off due to DH's veteran status, so it was "only" $850. It has been worth every penny. I just hope we'll be able to wean him effectively by the time he outgrows it at 6 months old...

Our two middle kids only slept well in a rock'n'play sleeper. It has since been recalled. I was terrified for most of my pregnancy that this baby wouldn't sleep well. So this time we bought a Snoo.
Fortunately, we got 40% off due to DH's veteran status, so it was "only" $850. It has been worth every penny. I just hope we'll be able to wean him effectively by the time he outgrows it at 6 months old...
We had a SNOO and ended up returning it. We were too worried it would be hard to wean him. We only used it for one nap and when we turned it off he was instantly upset. I’m not sure it would’ve helped with his gas anyway. He was sleeping really well in his crib and bassinet until his gas got worse recently

My boss bought a snoo for her daughter two years ago. Honestly I don’t know if it helped or not but the baby was a miserable sleeper, even with the snoo.

It’s been a rough day at our house today 😕. Elliott threw up twice in a row after being bottle fed breastmilk. He’s never thrown up before and it was A LOT of vomit. Dh was holding him upright when it happened. Then he spit up a bunch about two hours later. This was the first time he’s ever spit up too. He doesn’t have a fever or anything and he’s sleeping fine now. There hasn’t been excessive crying either. He seems pretty happy most of the time. The pediatrician said it’s normal but it’s hard to watch a one month old baby vomit and spit up so much on top of the gas he’s already dealing with

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter