I love credit cards so much! v3.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Man, it's been a long time since I've been in this thread!

As of yesterday, I'm officially at 2/24! I can't believe it. I actually lost track because I haven't been sweating the credit card stuff for a while now. But now that I'm officially back under 5/24, I want to conservatively go for a Freedom just to reinstate my Chase Trifecta and get the 15k (or is it 20k now?) SUB so I can transfer to Hyatt for our upcoming night's stay at MCO in December.

I'm a little nervous about applying though. I don't show any offers in "Just For You" and I stupidly tested the waters several weeks ago (when I was still at least 4/24 and maybe 5/24...not sure...and was not outright denied, but got the message saying they'd let me know. Never heard a word. Not even in the mail. So, a few days ago, when I know I was 4/24, I tried my luck with a CIC. I've always been skittish about the business cards because I suck at being dishonest, LOL. I was instantly denied. I've read since that Chase has cracked down on business cards a bit more.

I did go ahead and lower one of my existing cards' credit lines to make room for a new card since Chase had already extended well over 50% of my annual salary to me in credit. I'm below 50% now...so hoping that will help.

Should I give it more time before applying? I indulged in Chase cards with wild abandon back when they were much less strict, and they were always very generous. Never had any run-ins with them, and I've been a cardholder with them for 26 years.

My CIP fee will not drop! It has been over 3 weeks since we PCd. The payment has come and gone and I did not pay it thinking it would drop off. Now I have some interest on there as well. I have SM twice. They claim it will take 2-3 billing cycles. What? I hate to pull out @SouthFayetteFan's I know more than you GIF on them, lol. But I have never had one take this long to drop. Anyone else seeing this problem? I don't want to SM again, I don't really want the eyes on my account.
Not waiting as long as you but I called and was offered $35 to keep our SW Plus card....in the past the credit has shown up the next day, it’s been a week so I called and they gave the same 2-3 statement answer

As of yesterday, I'm officially at 2/24! I can't believe it. I actually lost track because I haven't been sweating the credit card stuff for a while now. But now that I'm officially back under 5/24, I want to conservatively go for a Freedom just to reinstate my Chase Trifecta and get the 15k (or is it 20k now?) SUB so I can transfer to Hyatt for our upcoming night's stay at MCO in December.

I'm a little nervous about applying though. I don't show any offers in "Just For You" and I stupidly tested the waters several weeks ago (when I was still at least 4/24 and maybe 5/24...not sure...and was not outright denied, but got the message saying they'd let me know. Never heard a word. Not even in the mail. So, a few days ago, when I know I was 4/24, I tried my luck with a CIC. I've always been skittish about the business cards because I suck at being dishonest, LOL. I was instantly denied. I've read since that Chase has cracked down on business cards a bit more.

I did go ahead and lower one of my existing cards' credit lines to make room for a new card since Chase had already extended well over 50% of my annual salary to me in credit. I'm below 50% now...so hoping that will help.

Should I give it more time before applying? I indulged in Chase cards with wild abandon back when they were much less strict, and they were always very generous. Never had any run-ins with them, and I've been a cardholder with them for 26 years.

you would need to wait at least 31 days from your first Chase application to try again..

If you didn't get a letter within 7-10 days stating denial then the first application may still be pending. What does the status line say when you call? 1-800-432-3117 I would find out the status of the first app before you do anything else. You also can not have more than 2 Chase applications within 30 days.

So the AF on CIP finally hit. When I call them to PC, do I need to specifically also ask them to refund the AF, or will that happen automatically since I am PCing to a no-AF type of card?

Thank you, experts!

So the AF on CIP finally hit. When I call them to PC, do I need to specifically also ask them to refund the AF, or will that happen automatically since I am PCing to a no-AF type of card?

Thank you, experts!
Happens automatically. I said my annual fee just hit and I don’t want to pay it so can you please product change it to a ciu. Then they told me the fee would be refunded.

I applied DH for a CIC on May 16th. Instant denial and stated a letter would arrive in 7-10 days. It’s now been 20 days and he has yet to receive a letter in the mail. Do you think it might be worth calling recon and speaking to a CSR? His only other business card is a CIP he got in December. The automated message on the recon line still says he should receive a letter in 7-10 days.

Card question. As you know, my dad will be passing soon and my step mom will be on her own. Right now they use a Drivers Edge MC that earns points towards cars that they never use the points for and she would never know how to use them anyway. The other card they use is a Disney card that I referred them to a couple of years ago. I don't know that she will go back without him. Since she has never had her own card, I was thinking a card that's more basic, like a cash back card, might be good for her. I have no cash back cards. Suggestions for a good one?

I think a 2% on everything card is simplest and better than a 5% rolling quarter card. Check to see that money can be redeemed in any amount, to cash or toward card balance.
Citi Double Cash MC (1+1% Cash Back) works this way (I think ... I have a different 2% card)

Last edited:
I applied DH for a CIC on May 16th. Instant denial and stated a letter would arrive in 7-10 days. It’s now been 20 days and he has yet to receive a letter in the mail. Do you think it might be worth calling recon and speaking to a CSR? His only other business card is a CIP he got in December. The automated message on the recon line still says he should receive a letter in 7-10 days.
With the current situation Chase has been instantly denying most business cards. Is there a personal Chase card he could apply for ?

With the current situation Chase has been instantly denying most business cards. Is there a personal Chase card he could apply for ?
He actually was approved for the Hyatt card shortly after the CIC denial. I wasn’t going to pursue the CIC any further until I realized he still hadn’t received the official letter in the mail. Given that he only has the 1 CIP I don’t think there’s any harm in him calling, but not sure if it would do any good either.

He actually was approved for the Hyatt card shortly after the CIC denial. I wasn’t going to pursue the CIC any further until I realized he still hadn’t received the official letter in the mail. Given that he only has the 1 CIP I don’t think there’s any harm in him calling, but not sure if it would do any good either.
He can try but unfortunately I haven’t seen any positive DPs on here, reddit or FT for business SP applications

Last edited:
They're loews hotels. I don't think they have a cc or are hooked into one. The only way I've read of people booking is via UR or maybe AA when that was a good way to do stuff for hot minute.
Exactly what I was checking on. Thanks!

If you didn't get a letter within 7-10 days stating denial then the first application may still be pending. What does the status line say when you call? 1-800-432-3117 I would find out the status of the first app before you do anything else. You also can not have more than 2 Chase applications within 30 days.
I called and it says I have no applications on file in the past 30 days. I checked and I applied for the Freedom on April 10th. Didn't realize it was that long ago. I applied for the CIC on May 28th. Would I need to wait 30 days since that one, or does it not count because it's a biz card?

I think a 2% on everything card is simplest and better than a 5% rolling quarter card. Check to see that money can be redeemed in any amount, to cash or toward card balance.
Citi Double Cash MC (1+1% Cash Back) works this way (I think ... I have a different 2% card)
Thank you. Yes definitely straight cash back. She wouldn’t not do anything with rolling quarters and would never even comprehend it.

I never received my letter for Chase Biz denial. Do you have an existing Biz account? I logged into my Biz account, go to Statements and Documents. Select Notices and Letters and see if there's anything there. That's where I located mine.

I never received my letter for Chase Biz denial. Do you have an existing Biz account? I logged into my Biz account, go to Statements and Documents. Select Notices and Letters and see if there's anything there. That's where I located mine.
Thank you so much! I found it! I forget about the paperless thing. Reason for denial “business too new”. I put 1 year on the application. I oddly feel better now knowing the reason.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter