I love credit cards so much! v3.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
We did that 2 years ago, that’s why my DH has 2 personal cards. I don’t have a business so don’t think I can qualify for both cards. Although, I am an RN with a specialty credential. I am employed by a local hospital in my specialty. I could do independent consultations, but I never have. Could that qualify me for a business card? What would I need to prove to qualify for the business card?
Just MDD the personals. Problem solved 😊

I think we all have a variation of that (going back to the stone ages with film cameras) but this generation has taken it to a new level. I know a millennial who posts gorgeous photos on Instagram and her life looks so glamorous but then she tells me how she had to work in that city, how things were awful and how unhappy she was. The fake posts really are a thing. People are cultivating an image and only a rare few know the stories behind those pics.

We have (and so do probably thousands of people) pics of DD from 2-20 in front of that huge troll in the Norway store. We didn't even do it on purpose - it was just such a funny place to take a photo - but we did make her pose with him the last time we took her to Epcot since now it's a thing.
I love that troll lol

Sorry in advance - this is off topic but I'm super stressed and @SouthFayetteFan I need your help. :(

On 12/30, I did a non-deductible IRA to Roth conversion for both DH and I. Now I'm worried about the massive tax implications of this. I had two years worth of contributions and gains for each of us. So I should be able to do form 8606 to report the contributions for both years, right (I max each year for each of us)?

The forms that Fidelity generated for tax year 2019 say a taxable income of $19,xxx for me and $23,xxx for DH. So on the surface this has raised our taxable income by around $43k more... I max my tax advantaged vehicles (401k, 403b, HSA and I'm screwed by the SALT change if that matters). But this would be before taking into account the money I put in already taxed. ($5,500 for '18 and $6,000 for '19).

Basically I'm worried I'm going to have something like a $20k tax bill. Now silver linings here; 1) I CAN pay this, and 2) I can get credit card bonuses out of it and 3) I won't have to face this tax bill in old age but I'm still really upset and I think DH is mad but won't say so. So what have I forgotten here or screwed up in my FI plans?
Sounds like you received some good advice here already. Non-deductible IRA contributions is definitely not my specialty so any answer I gave would’ve simply been googled 🤣 The answer provided sounds right to me though!

And here I am complaining about the cold when I live in Florida lol. With the wind this morning it felt like 28! That’s too damn cold. I didn’t move here for this crap 🥶
Florida was just frozen today. Yesterday was bad, today was worse. We left HS today just as the rain started. I really think the cold played a big part in several rides being temporarily down. The weather did me in. Something happened and my knee does not want to bend without excruciating pain. I struggled with stairs and getting in/out of ride vehicles.

I'm back home now, your normal weather should resume lol

I think we all have a variation of that (going back to the stone ages with film cameras) but this generation has taken it to a new level. I know a millennial who posts gorgeous photos on Instagram and her life looks so glamorous but then she tells me how she had to work in that city, how things were awful and how unhappy she was. The fake posts really are a thing. People are cultivating an image and only a rare few know the stories behind those pics.
But my sister’s no millennial. She’s in her 50’s. I mean, I don’t post every bad picture but we have fun on vacation so I post fun pics. But then she hates Disney and can’t understand why we keep going back.

Florida was just frozen today. Yesterday was bad, today was worse. We left HS today just as the rain started. I really think the cold played a big part in several rides being temporarily down. The weather did me in. Something happened and my knee does not want to bend without excruciating pain. I struggled with stairs and getting in/out of ride vehicles.

I appreciate you taking that weather with you before I leave on Saturday 🤣

Hopefully you guys were able to make the best of it! Or at least got to laugh at people in shorts and flip flops :P

Well, I see what the abbreviation stands for, but I have no idea what it actually means or how to do it.:rotfl2: And what would be the advantage to doing it, over say getting my own personal & business cards. Thanks!
Oh - I just realized you aren't even on DISchurners... You should read the fireside chat there - it will help a lot.

I'll PM you an invite to the group...

EDIT: If your husband has a SW card still open it presents an even better opportunity!

Last edited:
Okay so maybe we need to pick one spot that means a lot to us and get pictures with him as he grows. I think that’s a great idea! I’m thinking we have to get some at POFQ because that’s where our honeymoon was at
We started taking a pic of DS when he was 3 and could fit behind the bars with Zerg at the exit of Buzz and continued every time we went, adding DD when she came along. I remember the year he went from being able to fit behind the bars with Zerg to not being able to squeeze in anymore. He’s 20 now and we have at least 10 pics from that spot.

We have (and so do probably thousands of people) pics of DD from 2-20 in front of that huge troll in the Norway store. We didn't even do it on purpose - it was just such a funny place to take a photo - but we did make her pose with him the last time we took her to Epcot since now it's a thing.
Lol We have lots from that spot too!

We did that 2 years ago, that’s why my DH has 2 personal cards. I don’t have a business so don’t think I can qualify for both cards. Although, I am an RN with a specialty credential. I am employed by a local hospital in my specialty. I could do independent consultations, but I never have. Could that qualify me for a business card? What would I need to prove to qualify for the business card?

i would like to present to you Exhibit A:

We’re going to Epcot Friday because it’s supposed to be 79. Then it’ll get back to the 60s next week again. I can handle the 60s during the days but Dh and I like nightly walks and we’ve been skipping them because of this crappy weather. Really it’s the wind that’s so bad. I also have like one pair of pants that fit and I was hoping I wouldn’t have to buy any more lol.

We’re going to Epcot Friday because it’s supposed to be 79. Then it’ll get back to the 60s next week again. I can handle the 60s during the days but Dh and I like nightly walks and we’ve been skipping them because of this crappy weather. Really it’s the wind that’s so bad. I also have like one pair of pants that fit and I was hoping I wouldn’t have to buy any more lol.
I feel like you need to put quotes around “crappy” when using it in the context of 60s...... hahahaha

We started taking a pic of DS when he was 3 and could fit behind the bars with Zerg at the exit of Buzz and continued every time we went, adding DD when she came along. I remember the year he went from being able to fit behind the bars with Zerg to not being able to squeeze in anymore. He’s 20 now and we have at least 10 pics from that spot.

Lol We have lots from that spot too!

My understanding is that they changed the distance between the bars so kids could not get in there anymore. I am sure he has gotten bigger...but that did not help!

For a while we were taking pictures of the girls in front of The Land sign at Epcot. (Which started when youngest was not quite 40 inches for Soarin but made it when rocking stylish cowboy boots).

@Haley R I think the idea of doing it at a resort is a good one. That seems less likely for a major change that would gut the area and remove the landmark. Maybe even somewhere like Riviera or if you wanted a park Pandora? Somewhere that is new the last couple years so hopefully will have a while before they change it all.

DH was talking to PayPal last night about an order that he paid for from eBay that never showed up. DS and I were cracking up in the other room. They have the worst customer service. I don’t know why we don’t just dispute the charge with AmEx. It would be much easier.
I agree with this 1000%. I had an order from BF never show up. When I filed a dispute with PP they said I'd have to have USPS provide proof that it wasn't delivered. How the heck was I supposed to do that? I filed online with USPS and 2 days later received an e-mail saying my file had been closed (they never even contacted me). PP wouldn't budge. That was the last time I will pay directly from my PP account. I am out $170.00.

I know I’m super behind but did you file an item not received dispute with eBay first? It’s simple and you are pretty much guaranteed of getting your money back if tracking doesn’t show delivered. eBay has good buyer protections.

This may not be what you are looking for. I saw a really amazing set of pictures that a family had done with their son, as he grew, next to the baseball statue outside Casey’s Corner. I wish I had done it with DGD.

We’ve been doing it with 2, then 3, then 4 kids at the Mickey totem pole outside the store at Wilderness Lodge. The metal Mickey head sculpture near the lake behind Contemporary is also a super cute spot especially for a family picture and as they grow older, kids climb and interact with the sculpture in different ways.

What? Lol
There was one in my work parking lot this morning. Gross. If there are iguanas where you live (not sure how far north they go), the same thing will happen to them. I find them fascinating and repulsive at the same time. It was 40 here this morning and it totally makes Miamians crazy. I think this city deals with hurricanes better than with “extreme” cold.

Does anyone here actually HAVE the NCL CC through BofA? The thread on cruise critic is not very active and I shudder to think what would happen over there when I introduce the possibility of transferring to Chase to pay with ur's after doing a Meta Upgrade. 😨
I'd ask about transferring to a TA and don't get into the Chase aspect. That's really all you're doing. But if you get it worked out before the 30 day transfer window it shouldn't impact paying with Chase.

If no one else here has experience I can call the rewards department and ask for you if you let me know what you want to know. But as we know reps aren't always completely accurate, which is why I combed through that thread when I was thinking about it :laughing:

I appreciate you taking that weather with you before I leave on Saturday 🤣

Hopefully you guys were able to make the best of it! Or at least got to laugh at people in shorts and flip flops :P
It's all ready for ya! Good luck with RotR. On our second day our (well, me and the kids since I joined without DH who couldn't get into the park in time) call back was just as I was checking in for Moonlight Magic and headed to my FOP FP so we obviously did not go back. Can not believe it was down for so long, I blame the cold seriously. Everest was fine that entire day I think, it went down right as MM started and didn't come back until the last hour. They started up Primevil Whirl for us, but it didn't last long and it was down for most of the event.

I'll go ahead and share this so y'all can laugh at me, I laughed. This was completely unplanned. This is what happens when you have frustrating morning trying to get into HS when no one is prepared for the crowd (rideshare drop off was so backed up), get a late BG for RotR that you know you won't make (even if it does ever start running), you no longer enjoy drop rides and your head just isn't ready for the big stuff yet. I honestly wonder what the other people in the elevator thought when this came out. (We are the upper left)
rSXMYODl.jpg

My understanding is that they changed the distance between the bars so kids could not get in there anymore. I am sure he has gotten bigger...but that did not help!

For a while we were taking pictures of the girls in front of The Land sign at Epcot. (Which started when youngest was not quite 40 inches for Soarin but made it when rocking stylish cowboy boots).

@Haley R I think the idea of doing it at a resort is a good one. That seems less likely for a major change that would gut the area and remove the landmark. Maybe even somewhere like Riviera or if you wanted a park Pandora? Somewhere that is new the last couple years so hopefully will have a while before they change it all.
I didn’t even think about it being something that will stay around. That’s a good point

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter