I love credit cards so much! v3.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Who has flown first or business class lately? How were the amenities compared to what you've experienced in first or business class prior to this?

I am thinking with all the current restrictions I am reading about, the first or business class experience is going to be... not what I had hoped for...
Curious about this too. We have Hawaii in 1st class lie flat in Jan. Hoping we enjoy the experience ( if it happens).

We’ll just miss you. We are there 6/3-10. We’re excited to attend the AP preview on 6/4 and see what it is like and just get back to the warm sunny. I think I am adding VB to our APs since we have several more trips planned and with the APs being extended it with be worth it for $170.
Awesome...keep us posted. Where are you staying?

I'm not totally celebrating yet but I think I'm getting back into AmEx's good graces - I was instantly approved for the Green card on the 45k/2k incognito offer on top of P2's support link for another 10k (if it tracks ok 🤞) without the pop up!

I tried a couple times last year for a Marriot card and a Hilton card but met the pop up each time. Also during that time AmEx didn't offer me any cards in my existing account like they had been doing before, even when the Green card was relaunched and they did all the increased marketing. At the time I wasn't ready to pay for a MR card so I didn't try but not getting offered cards, even for terrible sign up offers like they had been doing for years before, made me feel like I'd get the pop up there too. But in the last few months I changed my spend on my existing cards and offers started appearing again, so I took a chance.

I did not put any kind of crazy spend on my cards. I did move a reoccurring bill over to one and continued to spend on the other so that 2 out of my 3 cards had a balance every month for a few months. I was going to start putting money on the 3rd card too but a need for a MSR came up before I had a chance to execute. However, in my inexpert option, I fully expect to get a pop up if I were to try for the Marriott or even Hilton card again right now. Each card offer has a threshold for a "good customer" and I doubt I'll make that threshold yet for those cards. But with the ongoing spend to meet this MSR and keeping a charge, no matter how small, on all my existing cards I'm hoping to beat the pop up there too.

So yay, more MR points potentially! And just for you @tink1970 I'm really trying to use them for flights this time. I will resist the urge for HD GC's, even if they're on special :laughing:
(But if Princess cruises comes back all bets might be off again, sorry!)
Ok totally celebrating now, the 45,000 points posted yesterday!
pixiedust::dancer:pixiedust:

I received a few credit alert emails. Come to find out CapOne closed my WM card. It's not a huge loss since I haven't used it in ages. However, they never notified me that they were going to close it. What if I did plan to use it? Geez, they could have at least sent an email or a letter. I'm thankful Target sends a letter to remind me to use that card since it's one of my oldest.

I received a few credit alert emails. Come to find out CapOne closed my WM card. It's not a huge loss since I haven't used it in ages. However, they never notified me that they were going to close it. What if I did plan to use it? Geez, they could have at least sent an email or a letter. I'm thankful Target sends a letter to remind me to use that card since it's one of my oldest.

Interesting ... Capital One quietly closed my Menards (like Home Depot/Lowes, from Wisconsin) on 4/28.

ETA: It hadn't been used in years

Last edited:
Who has flown first or business class lately? How were the amenities compared to what you've experienced in first or business class prior to this?

I am thinking with all the current restrictions I am reading about, the first or business class experience is going to be... not what I had hoped for...

If you look back a few pages, @CaliforniaGirl09 posted about a flight home last week. I think right now you don't get anything other than the better seat. My DD flew home from LRH on Virgin Atlantic in mid-March, though, and at that time it was pretty much normal, with lounge access, food and snacks and bar open on the plane, and all the rest that they have to offer. It's hard to say when things will go back to that, though.

If you look back a few pages, @CaliforniaGirl09 posted about a flight home last week. I think right now you don't get anything other than the better seat. My DD flew home from LRH on Virgin Atlantic in mid-March, though, and at that time it was pretty much normal, with lounge access, food and snacks and bar open on the plane, and all the rest that they have to offer. It's hard to say when things will go back to that, though.

We fly first on AA at the end of August. DH wants the free booze, and I just want food. I’ll be curious to see how things progress.

As of right now, the wife and I are still planning a Paris trip in 2021, with a stop at DLP included. Do I need to research and find a CC with Chip and PIN capabilities? Or has that kind of settled itself out? What cards are out there with Chip and PIN?

As of right now, the wife and I are still planning a Paris trip in 2021, with a stop at DLP included. Do I need to research and find a CC with Chip and PIN capabilities? Or has that kind of settled itself out? What cards are out there with Chip and PIN?

We don't have a chip and pin card and the only issue we ever had in Europe was purchasing tickets to ride the Tube in London (solved by using ApplePay). It wasn't an issue anywhere else. I think it's easier to have one, but the ones we found were all Barclay and they don't make things easy, so we didn't bother and it was just fine.

I think a lot of that is settled with contactless payments - either a mobile wallet or a contactless chip card.

If you happen to not have either, or in bad luck manage to find an unmanned kiosk that doesn't have contactless, a few CCs have PINs now.

BoA, Barclays, Citi and Wells Fargo all have PIN options with signature priority and should work in online kiosks fine. Just make sure you set the PIN since it's not always on by default. From my readings, offline kiosks usually need a PIN priority with PIN info stored on the card, which are harder to find. I think some CUs have PIN priority and/or offline PIN cards.

Also if you have the Target RedCard you have a chip and PIN card with PIN priority, but unless it's the MasterCard version that's probably not helpful :)

I think a lot of that is settled with contactless payments - either a mobile wallet or a contactless chip card.

If you happen to not have either, or in bad luck manage to find an unmanned kiosk that doesn't have contactless, a few CCs have PINs now.

BoA, Barclays, Citi and Wells Fargo all have PIN options with signature priority and should work in online kiosks fine. Just make sure you set the PIN since it's not always on by default. From my readings, offline kiosks usually need a PIN priority with PIN info stored on the card, which are harder to find. I think some CUs have PIN priority and/or offline PIN cards.

Also if you have the Target RedCard you have a chip and PIN card with PIN priority, but unless it's the MasterCard version that's probably not helpful :)
My target is the debit version so that's not a help. I found out my NFCU card has a PIN option that I set up. I will also have my phone with Samsung Pay and many cards that are now contactless. I've been changing my cards to contactless versions as soon as I find out they're available.

~15hrs no replies? Where did everyone go? Could have given me a heads up!
We’ve been having some rough nights because Elliott has horrible gas and cries out/grunts in his sleep. He isn’t sleeping much longer than 30 minutes at a time sometimes. We’ve tried every possible thing to help gas but his little body just has to develop.

No big cc news. Still working on both of my MSRs but almost done with the CSR. We got our first meal from a restaurant in two months. Dh got wings for his birthday from Buffalo Wild Wings with our door dash credit and last night we ordered pizza. Both were put in the oven right away.

We’ve been having some rough nights because Elliott has horrible gas and cries out/grunts in his sleep. He isn’t sleeping much longer than 30 minutes at a time sometimes. We’ve tried every possible thing to help gas but his little body just has to develop.

No big cc news. Still working on both of my MSRs but almost done with the CSR. We got our first meal from a restaurant in two months. Dh got wings for his birthday from Buffalo Wild Wings with our door dash credit and last night we ordered pizza. Both were put in the oven right away.
My dd was like that. Hang in there. He’ll outgrow it.

My dd was like that. Hang in there. He’ll outgrow it.
He sleeps perfectly on our chests but we can’t have him do that all the time. Right now he’s propped on a boppy on the couch next to us. Normally we lay him on is back in his crib but that makes his gas worse. I hope he grows out of this soon 😕

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!