I love credit cards so much! v3.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is my son in a nutshell.
This was my first baby too! She was a lot like @Haley R's little guy. Never wanted to sleep and fussy a lot. We found out she had silent reflux and finally got that settled by 7 mos. She was then happy but still not a sleeper. She never napped after 9 mos and has insomnia like me, so she'd be awake a lot at night and want me up too. Now she is 20yo, sleeps somewhat better at night and loves napping lol! So, I guess there is hope that your son will become a sleeper but unfortunately, probably not in time for you to really benefit from it.

So if WDW is opening without ADRs and FP, anyone want to venture a guess what DLR will do? We have tix with Max Pass and if we can't use that, no thanks. What are they doing with purchased tix, extending expiration dates? Nothing?

Did it matter that the card statement says business on it. I should have paid it off by now. Wondering if I should pay it off now or just wait.
I sent that to them over a week ago and they didn't seem to care. They've not asked for any further clarification. I told them when I started the process that I work some as a TA but my income fluctuates so I didn't want to count it in our household income. If they ask me anything further about the biz card, I'd just tell them I use it for my work. You could come up with a "business" story if you need one but I doubt it matters.

Only send them what they ask for. If they are only asking you for why you had a CR pull, then just answer that. They can probably see your balance on your CR but mine was newer and I don't think it was showing up.

Not a stupid question....unfortunately the support links for the plain Freedom disappeared a little while ago, only the CFU has support links now

I don’t know how I missed that. Or maybe I knew and forgot because i really didn’t see it applying to me. Finally talked my mom into a CC, I think. Was having her go for a CFU anyway but I was surprised to not see the CF option.

I know some are waiting on Universal hotels news, I don't think I've seen this posted here:

The hotel reopening of hotels will begin on June 2.

The phased reopening of the hotels will include Hard Rock Hotel, Loews Royal Pacific Resort, Loews Sapphire Falls Resort, Universal’s Cabana Bay Beach Resort, Universal’s Aventura Hotel and Universal’s Endless Summer Resort – Surfside Inn and Suites. Plans for Loews Portofino Bay Hotel and Universal’s Endless Summer Resort – Dockside Inn and Suites will be announced at a later time, Universal said.

Universal said the hotels are opening before the parks to give guests the opportunity to check-in and get settled before visiting the theme parks and taking advantage of early park admission. Guests arriving on June 2 will not be able to enter the parks until June 3.

https://www.wesh.com/article/univer...PhKeLUkxuORLzLpmw9jPEWypn2fGB9OaOSEQ1_sU3JKag
Also of note, express will still be implemented and if you are a UO hotel guest you won't be shutout due to capacity. They said they are factoring that into the daily estimates.

Last edited:
@Oscar Madison And USO is definitely a go! All hotels except Portofino and Endless Summer are reopening! I spent wait too much making preview reservations for 6/4 only to learn AP hotel guests will have access.

We're Ready to Reopen
We’re excited to announce that Universal Orlando Resort will open select Universal Hotels beginning June 2nd, and guests staying in our resort hotels June 2nd – June 4th with a valid park ticket will be invited to visit the theme parks on June 3rdand 4th, prior to our public reopening on June 5th.
Your hotel reservation remains in place and you do not need to take any action. We look forward to welcoming you back to our destination!

This carefully managed reopening comes with stringent new health, safety and hygiene procedures in place. The availability of food service, pools, fitness centers and other amenities at the resort hotels may be limited due to increased frequency of cleaning and sanitization.

In addition, in an effort to keep our Hotel Guests and Team Members safe, we ask the following from you before arriving to your hotel:
  • Please conduct temperature checks prior to arrival to our destination; if 100.4 degrees or over, stay home until you are feeling better
  • Bring your own face covering prior to arrival at the hotel
  • Visitors from New York, New Jersey, Connecticut, Louisiana and international markets should be aware of and comply with government guidelines regarding travel restrictions and mandatory quarantines before visiting our destination

As we enjoy our parks and hotels together again, everyone will also need to follow Universal Orlando Resort’s policies and procedures, including the following:
So stoked, off to cancel the DoubleTree! Yahoo!!!
Bravo UO!

And the biggest news! I now officially have a high school student! It has been a super rough year but he finished strong with flying colors. I am happy, excited and sad all at once! I can’t believe he only has 4 more years at home with us.

and sorry for being MIA. This week has been super stressful with work, projects, finals, etc! So glad to be relaxing next week.
and that 4 years will be a blur....

Did it matter that the card statement says business on it. I should have paid it off by now. Wondering if I should pay it off now or just wait. Thank you.
You shouldn't have to give them a statement. Just the credit card number. That is how we verify them. We give the credit card number to the credit report company and they do a supplement, verifying balance, payment and payment history. I would leave the word business out of it, as they might want more info on possible self employment that you didn't disclose.

This was my first baby too! She was a lot like @Haley R's little guy. Never wanted to sleep and fussy a lot. We found out she had silent reflux and finally got that settled by 7 mos. She was then happy but still not a sleeper. She never napped after 9 mos and has insomnia like me, so she'd be awake a lot at night and want me up too. Now she is 20yo, sleeps somewhat better at night and loves napping lol! So, I guess there is hope that your son will become a sleeper but unfortunately, probably not in time for you to really benefit from it.
At 11, he is better. Now he doesn't want to go to bed at night but will sleep until 10 am if we let him. When we met him he was 12 months and for the first 2 years we had to rock him to sleep. Every time. Even naps. If you put him in the crib and he wasn't totally out, he'd wake up and scream. In the beginning it sometimes took 2 hours or more of rocking. That about killed me because he was 21 lbs at 12 months. After that he would only go to sleep if we were in the room until he fell asleep. That only ended this year. I think the solution was letting the dog sleep with him. :rolleyes1

At 11, he is better. Now he doesn't want to go to bed at night but will sleep until 10 am if we let him. When we met him he was 12 months and for the first 2 years we had to rock him to sleep. Every time. Even naps. If you put him in the crib and he wasn't totally out, he'd wake up and scream. In the beginning it sometimes took 2 hours or more of rocking. That about killed me because he was 21 lbs at 12 months. After that he would only go to sleep if we were in the room until he fell asleep. That only ended this year. I think the solution was letting the dog sleep with him. :rolleyes1
Maybe that’s the key to getting DS in his room, the pug to keep him company. He has taken over our sitting room.

The question for me, with cashing out UR for groceries on the CSR is...will cashing out at 1.5x for groceries wipe out the 5xUR earned on the grocery purchase? I can’t quite get a handle on whether it will or not. If it does then I don’t think it will be worth it. I’ll max out my $1500 for May and June, go back to using BCP for groceries, and save the UR for something else. Guess I’ll be watching for DP’s.

A statement credit won't reverse UR earnings. When you redeem UR as a statement credit it's like when you make a payment on the card. Essentially Chase is making a payment on your card.

I used to redeem for statement credits because it seemed easier than getting a check and then just paying the card with it anyway - never had a UR adjustment since it's not a refund or return.

My reading of it is that you would not get the 5X for the $300 that would be wiped out by the travel credit, but should get 5X for other grocery purchases in June. Hard to say for sure. My plan is to switch to CSR for groceries in June (have already used the travel credit) for the 5X and 1.5 redemption, then just go back to using CSR in restaurants for the usual 3X and take advantage of 1.5 redemption for those charges.

I read it differently. Chase says you'll get the points for it. (https://www.chase.com/personal/credit-cards/sapphire-reserve-benefits)
"Now enjoy more flexibility with your annual $300 Travel Credit. From June 1 through December 31, 2020, gas station and grocery store purchases will also count toward earning your Travel Credit. You’ll also earn points on these purchases (and, as always, after your first $300 in travel purchases, you’ll immediately start earning 3x points on travel)."

Also, the fine print only mentions not earning points on the first $300 in travel purchases and not any of the other temporary categories.

"$300 Annual Travel Credit: A statement credit will automatically be applied to your account when your card is used for purchases in the travel category, up to an annual maximum accumulation of $300. Starting June 1, in addition to eligible purchases made in the Travel category, purchases posted by December 31, 2020 in the Gas Stations and Grocery Store categories will also count toward the $300 Annual Travel Credit. Annually, the first $300 in travel purchases will not earn rewards points, regardless of whether the Annual Credit was earned on purchases for Travel, or for promotional offers on other categories, for example at Gas Stations, or Grocery Stores... "

It's only travel purchases that won't earn UR, and it won't earn UR even if you use the Travel Credit for groceries or gas. For example, you use all $300 of the Travel Credit on grocery before ever making a travel category purchase, your first $300 in travel purchases still won't earn UR.

While it seems strange it makes sense from a system programming standpoint to roll this out quickly. This way they don't have to change anything on the UR earning rules and just have to add a couple categories that trigger the credit. So that's how I'm reading it.

I should know this but I don’t. Is the sapphire $300 travel credit good from Jan1-Dec31 OR A YEAR FROM THE DATE OF THE ANNUAL FEE? Gee... why don’t I know this??

It depends on when you got your card. If you opened it before May 2017 it may be on calendar year, opened after that it's card member year.

In the UR portal it'll tell you when your benefit resets. If it's card member year it's the statement closing after your anniversary. For mine - anniversary April 16, statement closes May 15, my credit is available on May 16.

Only send them what they ask for. If they are only asking you for why you had a CR pull, then just answer that. They can probably see your balance on your CR but mine was newer and I don't think it was showing up.

I think OP said CIP, that wouldn't be reported on a personal CR and they wouldn't see the balance or card. But I agree, only send what's asked.

You shouldn't have to give them a statement. Just the credit card number. That is how we verify them. We give the credit card number to the credit report company and they do a supplement, verifying balance, payment and payment history. I would leave the word business out of it, as they might want more info on possible self employment that you didn't disclose.

If it's a business card that's not reported to the usual personal report agencies, would you still be able to look it up through the usual sources? Or would you send it to agencies that track business cards?

I almost posted this morning asking if you were anywhere near it. I grew up three blocks from where it happened. I've been calling my mom every morning to make sure she's ok. I really hope tonight goes better.
They issued a curfew (in a ton of cities) but it’s doing no good. They are still on the streets. I have seen one fire on the news so far. Who knows what will happen as the sun goes down. Apparently our Target closed early tonight, which is nuts with how far north we are. My husband works minutes from all of it but he had the day off today.

They issued a curfew (in a ton of cities) but it’s doing no good. They are still on the streets. I have seen one fire on the news so far. Who knows what will happen as the sun goes down. Apparently our Target closed early tonight, which is nuts with how far north we are. My husband works minutes from all of it but he had the day off today.
Watching more now, I think it’s going to another really bad night. The reporters are saying there are no cops or national guard to be seen anywhere where these protestors are.

I always felt like that red-faced crying with tight muscles in arms and legs were to tire themselves out, in preparation for sleep.

So glad things are back on track for your family!
Well he’s doing it again tonight. He’s either making up for being in the hospital or he’s having a growth spurt. He’s eating like crazy today and not wanting to sleep at all. He’s been up since like 7 pm and it’s now almost 11. Nothing can calm him down except eating. We’ve given him 8.5 ounces in 3 hours and changed about 4-5 diapers.

ETA: He just ate another 2 ounces and another diaper change. He’s asleep but idk how long that will last

Last edited:
So glad everything worked out for you! I called yesterday to cancel our Italy trip planned for next week. Definitely glad I waited. They told me that we have to book by 12/31/21 and travel by 9/30/22. We had paid for the insurance, so it was nice not to lose that money. Definitely different policy than when I cancelled our spring break trip. I asked if they could apply the new policy to our spring break trip, but they said no (which I suspected). We now have almost $10K in Delta credits and vouchers. Hoping for some nice trips in the future!
Yep, that's the same dates I got. That's a lot of vouchers!! You'll be able to take some fun trips.

He’s not continuously crying but isn’t content either. He’s really squirmy and keeps smacking his lips. We’ve been feeding him so much today and he still wants more. He hasn’t spit up once. I’m just hoping I can pump enough to keep up with him or we might have to supplement with formula

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!