I love credit cards so much!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ugh. I know it's just me...but it feels like every time I look at my FR accts, I feel like they change as to hitting quarterly spend.... as of last week I had calculated I hit it on 2 out of 3, then yesterday I got mixed up at the grocery store,and thought I brought the wrong card for the gc I wanted to buy.... so i came home and recalculated....it seems I missed the mark on all 3,and I need another 500+ on 2 of my cards! I don't know how this happened,other than major distraction IRL this month. I hope I'm calculating right this time..... I got confused by the 'you earned' line and the 'on the next statement' line for points activity. But the little green bar doesn't lie,right?

Churner Frustration...Get to entertain clients in a luxury suite tonight...Spend $3,000...all of it has to go on company card due to bank policy...BOOOOOOOO!

That stings. I thought it was bad when I had to spend a few hundred on catering, it was so hard to pull out that card...

Ah, yes. Same story with my wife’s work travel and expenses. Everything — flights, hotel, car rentals and transportation, expenses — is charged to the company; she has a company card and it’s an Amex Green card! At least she gets points and miles from the loyalty programs.

We had the option to pay the membership fee and get the MR. I didn't travel enough for it to be worthwhile for me, but if I were in sales or someone that travelled a lot and actually used their corporate card (and cared about MR at the time :) ) I would have considered it. Maybe something to look into.

Churner Frustration...Get to entertain clients in a luxury suite tonight...Spend $3,000...all of it has to go on company card due to bank policy...BOOOOOOOO!

Ugh...same here not business related but when we go out to eat with another couple it’s split with cash...I’d love to put it on our CC and take the cash but my husband says that embarrassing.

We are heading out to CA on Saturday. would love to use a cc on this trip.....

Newport Beach and San Diego...never been so super excited...if anyone has any recommendations in the area...food, places to see...wineries .....I’d love to hear

That's HORRIBLE. My boss needed to be signed up for a golf outing. I happily asked if I could take care of it for him. It's "only" $500, but that's still $500 towards my minimum spend. Unfortunately, he had already asked someone else to do it for him, but if she hasn't, I might be back in the game LOL. LOVE LOVE LOVE being able to put company charges on my personal cards :-).

Thank you SO much!! I’ve jotted all of these down. Super excited for all of this, and I’m fully prepared to utilized the Plat concierge if needed (kind of excited to try if I need to Hehe). Ramen is decent in the DC/MD, but I’m way more excited to try what SF has to offer :lovestruc

If you have any seafood must dos, all ears :D

Swan Oyster Depot, on Polk+California right off Van Ness (and across from a Chase bank!) – true SF classic, seems like every foodie travel show including Anthony Bourdain has made the pilgrimage there, but prepare to line up because it’s popular and a really small space.

Waterbar, on the Embarcadero just south of the Ferry Building – amazing views of the Bay Bridge. Patio seating available outside, huge windows looking out from the inside. At night, the Bay Bridge lights up with a light show installation on its suspender cables. $1 oysters during happy hour.

Hog Island Oyster Company in the Ferry Building – Fresh oysters of every kind, good food, convenient location, faces the Bay with wider views of the Bay Bridge and Yerba Buena Island.

Leo’s Oyster Bar in the Financial District – Another “oyster bar,” but good food and drinks all around, décor is very old school, Polynesian chic (and instagrammable?)

Anchor Oyster Bar is also good, been around forever, known for their cioppino, but is in the Castro and you’ll be visiting during Pride weekend so it’ll be a madhouse over there. I’ve heard good things about Anchor & Hope in SoMa, but I haven’t been.

Then there are sooo many Japanese restaurants offering high-quality omakase menus that’ve sprung up recently.

when we go out to eat with another couple it’s split with cash...I’d love to put it on our CC and take the cash but my husband says that embarrassing.

This is so funny because whenever I go out to eat no one has cash and we give the waiter multiple cards to split the bill.

I do not trust people to pay me back though. One time I covered an expensive $100+ Uber XL ride on my card and there was traffic so it cost like $40 more than we were expecting and I did not get any extra money from anyone. No big deal it’s only $40 but it’s not worth getting the points and then trying to get the money back.

So P2 is now a member of the "business" community, just got approved for the Marriott Biz this morning! :)

He applied last night and got the 30 day message so I gave him the status line to call to check up on it periodically. He called this morning before I even remembered about it and told me he was approved. :laughing:

:woohoo::cheer2:party::banana::cool1:

Awesome! CONGRATULATIONS! So you decided to go for Platinum?

Ugh...same here not business related but when we go out to eat with another couple it’s split with cash...I’d love to put it on our CC and take the cash but my husband says that embarrassing.

Nothing to be embarrassed about: http://www.businessinsider.com/theres-a-new-strategy-to-rack-up-tons-of-credit-card-points-2016-7

This is so funny because whenever I go out to eat no one has cash and we give the waiter multiple cards to split the bill.

I do not trust people to pay me back though. One time I covered an expensive $100+ Uber XL ride on my card and there was traffic so it cost like $40 more than we were expecting and I did not get any extra money from anyone. No big deal it’s only $40 but it’s not worth getting the points and then trying to get the money back.

My wife is the same way; she doesn't trust her colleagues will pay her back without some effort on her part, and she doesn't want to play debt collector just to earn a few more points. So what happens? Someone else whips out their CSR (of course), and she ends up Venmoing her share to them (thankfully, funded by her CIP).

:woohoo::cheer2:party::banana::cool1:

Awesome! CONGRATULATIONS! So you decided to go for Platinum?

Yes, he figured it was a no brainer since the fee is waived the first year. So free Platinum status for a year, extra points, and a free night next year; it was kinda hard to say no to that :)

We have 23 nights right now, we'll get 15 with the Biz and then another 15 on our anniversary for the personal card in Dec. Probably the last time we'll get to Platinum unless they change the tiers again for the better (haha) but that's ok, we're mostly only eyeing up Gold Lifetime anyway.

Ugh. I know it's just me...but it feels like every time I look at my FR accts, I feel like they change as to hitting quarterly spend.... as of last week I had calculated I hit it on 2 out of 3, then yesterday I got mixed up at the grocery store,and thought I brought the wrong card for the gc I wanted to buy.... so i came home and recalculated....it seems I missed the mark on all 3,and I need another 500+ on 2 of my cards! I don't know how this happened,other than major distraction IRL this month. I hope I'm calculating right this time..... I got confused by the 'you earned' line and the 'on the next statement' line for points activity. But the little green bar doesn't lie,right?

This is why I’m debating between the two Freedom cards...lol

That's pretty much what happens here too. If there's only 2 or 3 of us we all throw the plastic in, if it's a bigger group than that then we maybe pick 2 cards to split and everyone else chips in cash. If it's a big group that's usually planned in advance so most people bring cash to cover it.

Ok probably going to show my age here but my “kids” do the same...everything is split on credit or debit cards when out with friends.....they and I have tried to tell my husband it’s perfectly fine to split the bill that way but he thinks it’s “embarrassing “ his words...

Ugh no not getting the cash back.that stinks.....I know getting the cash from our friends is no problem, they have it right with them and would give it to us.

Nothing to be embarrassed about: http://www.businessinsider.com/theres-a-new-strategy-to-rack-up-tons-of-credit-card-points-2016-7

My wife is the same way; she doesn't trust her colleagues will pay her back without some effort on her part, and she doesn't want to play debt collector just to earn a few more points. So what happens? Someone else whips out their CSR (of course), and she ends up Venmoing her share to them (thankfully, funded by her CIP).

I agree not embarrassing, but he has strange ideas sometimes...He hates when I order an appetizer as my meal instead of a full dinner..I just don’t want or would eat the potatoes etc..

So P2 is now a member of the "business" community, just got approved for the Marriott Biz this morning! :)

He applied last night and got the 30 day message so I gave him the status line to call to check up on it periodically. He called this morning before I even remembered about it and told me he was approved. :laughing:
Congrats

Trying to figure out my next step...The first thing I want to do is close my SW card which I applied for and received August of last year. I believe I got my bonus points in October. So going to wait until the points post as well as the fee then call to close so as to get reimbursed for the fee? Just want to be sure I have that part correct.

And even though I'm 4/24 I would like to open another business card. Preferably another Chase. I got the CIC this past March but I see there's another one called Ink Business Unlimited. Have to admit I'd be a bit nervous about going for another business card with my "business". Though I did make $30 off it this week. Anyway, any input on if this is the way I should go. Don't want to ruffle Chase's feathers...

My friends are not all the most trustworthy or financially responsible. It’s really not worth being out money for a few extra points, but I’m jealous of the people that get to do it.

Trying to figure out my next step...The first thing I want to do is close my SW card which I applied for and received August of last year. I believe I got my bonus points in October. So going to wait until the points post as well as the fee then call to close so as to get reimbursed for the fee? Just want to be sure I have that part correct.

And even though I'm 4/24 I would like to open another business card. Preferably another Chase. I got the CIC this past March but I see there's another one called Ink Business Unlimited. Have to admit I'd be a bit nervous about going for another business card with my "business". Though I did make $30 off it this week. Anyway, any input on if this is the way I should go. Don't want to ruffle Chase's feathers...

I’ve been approved for two chase business cards with my eBay business...SW business 10/17 and CIP 5/18....pretty new to this so I’m sure others with way more experience can give you more advice

You have 30 days from when the annual fee posts to cancel the card and get a refund. If you are interested though you can ask to have the fee waived and keep it for another year. Chase seems to frequently waive the fee or give a statement credit for the Southwest cards.

What other Chase cards have you gotten in the last year? The business card in March and then going for another one now isn’t too quick, but just make sure you aren’t hitting Chase hard overall.

My SO got the CIP and the CIC like 35 days apart. I got the CIP in November and have been trying to get the CIC and can’t get approved. It’s really YMMV, but I would try.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!