I love credit cards so much!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, apparently our neighborhood mailbox was broken into. Again. Too bad they didn't wait one more day, they could have gotten the bank account offer for snapware!

A lovely reminder that Informed Delivery is everybody's friend! Thankfully from this service I know that I didn't have cc or bank account info sitting out there. https://informeddelivery.usps.com/box/pages/intro/start.action

Well, apparently our neighborhood mailbox was broken into. Again. Too bad they didn't wait one more day, they could have gotten the bank account offer for snapware!

A lovely reminder that Informed Delivery is everybody's friend! Thankfully from this service I know that I didn't have cc or bank account info sitting out there. https://informeddelivery.usps.com/box/pages/intro/start.action
Whoa. Went to sign up and it told me my username was taken. Was pretty sure I hadn't signed up, I guess I made a USPS account a long long time ago when still in NE... so I'm seeing the mail for the people that moved into our house o_O What was extremely strange was it just so happens there's an ad addressed to my mom in their mailbox today...

bummed that the cip and plastiq is dead. I'll have to cancel my payments for now and send a check :-(

Ugh, me too. I was stoked to have found a way to get my mortgage through and also help several others to do the same. Now this Tesla dude had to ruined it for everyone. I know this has already been discussed but I'm still mad!

Can you reimburse yourself with UR points, or is it only to book things in advance? I don't know much about UR yet.
You're at the right place! What you can do with UR depends on what Chase card you have. If you only have a freedom or freedom unlimited redeeming for cash straight to your bank account or as a statement credit are decent options. 1 UR = $0.01 Sometimes Chase lets you redeem for gift cards at like 10% off.

URs get more valuable fast if you have a Chase Sapphire Preferred or Reserve or Ink Preferred Business. CSP and CIP can be used at 1 UR = $.0125 towards travel booked on their portal. CSR can be used at $.015. Points on those cards can also be transferred to travel partners at a 1 UR = 1 Point basis with many partners (1 UR = 1 Hyatt Point or 1 United point, etc.)

Hmm ok so I've never created an SPG account because I've never stayed at an SPG property. Do I need to make myself an SPG account now that I'm applying for the card so I can put that number in, or have they merged to the point that one number controls both Marriott and SPG and I can use my Marriott number?

SPG numbers are dead (pretty much) so I think it's safe to use the Marriott number. If you go to the SPG site now, it's just the Marriott site with a different skin; so if you tried to create an account you'd get the same number format as Marriott. If it even lets you create it you'd have to merge it later and keep one or the other number.

I'd try the Marriott number. Worst thing that happens is it doesn't work ( but idk y not ) and you merge two accounts later anyway.

Whoa. Went to sign up and it told me my username was taken. Was pretty sure I hadn't signed up, I guess I made a USPS account a long long time ago when still in NE... so I'm seeing the mail for the people that moved into our house o_O What was extremely strange was it just so happens there's an ad addressed to my mom in their mailbox today...
AH! You hit on the other reason to sign up for Informed Delivery. Self Defense. Sign up for it before someone else does in your name. Local thieves have used this before to steal identities (order cc in your name to your address, they know the mail coming and get it out of your box before you get there) apparently the personal q's aren't all that hard to figure out if they have all your other hacked info. #ThanksEquifax

Ok.... so to update informed delivery, I need to fill out a change of address form with the post office.

Which I did, you know, when I moved 4 years ago.

And it says it will catch that automatically... obviously not. But it costs $1? Really?

AH! You hit on the other reason to sign up for Informed Delivery. Self Defense. Sign up for it before someone else does in your name. Local thieves have used this before to steal identities (order cc in your name to your address, they know the mail coming and get it out of your box before you get there) apparently the personal q's aren't all that hard to figure out if they have all your other hacked info. #ThanksEquifax
Eek, so true. I see a credit card offer in my sister's name. I feel pretty creepy looking through that! Nothing in my name in the last week, but I definitely want to know what's coming now where I actually live!

Can you reimburse yourself with UR points, or is it only to book things in advance? I don't know much about UR yet.

Yes. Ultimate Rewards points are aptly named :) All cards that earn UR points can use them to reimburse yourself. You can take a statement credit or I believe they still have the bank account option for a direct deposit.

UR points can be used for cash, gift cards or travel at 1 cent per point. So 100 UR points = $1.
If you have certain cards, those cards give you the ability on top of that to transfer your UR points to travel partners (like hotels or airlines) and get an increased value towards travel redemptions.

So the benefit to having one of the travel cards, like the Sapphires, is using those UR points for the increased value options as folks have mentioned. But if you wanted to, you can still use those UR to cash out and reimburse yourself. They're very flexible and easy to use, that's why most folks push Chase UR cards first in this game so you're not locked out from getting them later due to that 5/24 rule.

Ok.... so to update informed delivery, I need to fill out a change of address form with the post office.

Which I did, you know, when I moved 4 years ago.

And it says it will catch that automatically... obviously not. But it costs $1? Really?
Yep. Been there. Sometimes the moving pack can have a helpful coupon or bank account bonus offer! That said mine was pretty sad, I remember a Lowe's coupon and a Wayfair coupon...

Hmm ok so I've never created an SPG account because I've never stayed at an SPG property. Do I need to make myself an SPG account now that I'm applying for the card so I can put that number in, or have they merged to the point that one number controls both Marriott and SPG and I can use my Marriott number?
I signed DH up yesterday and the SPG application said SPG/Marriott/or Ritz number. So i think it doesn’t matter. I went with Marriott cause all the sights were being wonky and it was the easiest one to find!!
I applied a few weeks ago and for the life of me can’t even remember putting a number in but I must have done SPG ‍♀️

Ok, so my DH was approved last night for a CSR with a $34k limit. I don't know that I'll do a CSR, because of the fee. Also, I read that you can no longer refer for CSR.

Our thought was do to the CSP next for me, and then combine the points into one account. Does that sound right? I also read that you can't get the bonus for one person for both sapphires. So if I have a CSP, and he has a CSR, what would we do next? Add users or open up another card? I will need to open a 0% 0 or no balance transfer card in November to roll a balance from a Wells Cash Wise I had last year. It's medical bills. I have the cash, but I'd rather roll some of it if I can. We don't fly, so the SW cards aren't really something we're interested in this year. We're driving to HP & WDW.

I lowered my CL with Chase by another $20k which has me at about 36% of my income. I can lower it more - I really want to get this CIP!!! Would it matter?? I’m also lowering DH to 57K so at about 33% or so......

Oh, also, UR points are flexible in how you can cash them out. They don't have a minimum redemption (if there is it's small, like $1, but I think it's .01 really) and you can redeem any amount. If you have 124.32 worth of points, you can do a 124.32 statement credit. Some card make you cash out in certain increments. Other cards have sliding point values, like one of my BoA cards if you have less than 25k points to cash out, you only get .06 cents per point; if it's less than 15k (or something) then it's even worse on the cash out.

So when comparing cards be sure to read up on how you can use that sign up bonus. I get flyers for cards that say "worth $625!" and then when you read it that value is only on a particular redemption, or to erase the charge you have to have enough points for the whole charge and can't apply partial points or something.

Ok, so my DH was approved last night for a CSR with a $34k limit. I don't know that I'll do a CSR, because of the fee. Also, I read that you can no longer refer for CSR.

Our thought was do to the CSP next for me, and then combine the points into one account. Does that sound right? I also read that you can't get the bonus for one person for both sapphires. So if I have a CSP, and he has a CSR, what would we do next? Add users or open up another card? I will need to open a 0% 0 or no balance transfer card in November to roll a balance from a Wells Cash Wise I had last year. It's medical bills. I have the cash, but I'd rather roll some of it if I can. We don't fly, so the SW cards aren't really something we're interested in this year. We're driving to HP & WDW.
If you are under 5/24 the recommendation would be to double dip the CSR/CSP for you. Lots of peeps with amazing advice on here....

Can someone catch me up on the SPG three-day window of opportunity that's about to happen? I have mostly been ignoring this because I don't have any definite plans for Marriott points, and I want to get the AmEx Platinum before the end of the year (and just got two AmEx biz cards this month, so trying to not to wear out my AmEx welcome) -- but I did get a Marriott biz card 5/17 (cancelled 5/18). Is the only harm in not applying for an SPG card now that I will be locked out until 5/19, or is there something else I will be missing, like an all-time-high bonus?

Having gotten a bonus on the Marriott Biz will lock you out of the SPG Lux until 24 months after you received that bonus under the new restrictions that go into effect on 8/26/18. So yeah, the only harm in waiting is you won’t qualify for the SPG Lux on and after 8/26 until at least May 2019.

Note getting the Marriott Biz bonus won’t disqualify you from the SPG personal or the SPG Biz, and you’ve closed the Marriott Biz more than 30 days ago so you should still qualify for the SPG Biz.

Several blogs reported that the SPG Lux is being released on 8/23/18, which leaves a 3-day window to apply for the SPG Lux before the new restrictions take effect. Rumors peg the signup bonus at 125k Marriott points, $450 AF offset by a $300 Marriott credit, $100 GE/Precheck credit, blah blah blah.

Some people on r/churning are concerned that Amex could deny the bonus on the SPG Lux under the new rules even if you applied before the rules take effect. However, in a similar context, people have confirmed with Amex reps that they’ll get the current bonus on the SPG Biz if they apply before 8/26, even if they wouldn’t qualify for the bonus under the new rules.

You all will appreciate this. I do surveys on swagbucks abd whenever it's a finace type one that asks the range of your credit score and I pick 760 and above I'm always kicked out for quota being filled. Sure it's a very small quota because they really don't want our thoughts on personal loans. :rotfl2:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter