I love credit cards so much!

Status
Not open for further replies.
As long as you haven’t opened up 5 personal credit cards or been an authorized user on cards in the last 24months or opened another chase card in 3 months you should be fine....just remember to put your name and SS number as the business information.....
I’ve opened 3 cards in the last year and my credit score has actually gone up...if you h e any questions Wilde applying ask everyone here is super helpful

Thanks so much! The only question I have right now is whether I should go with Chase Ink Preferred, Reserve, of Sapphire Preferred? It seems like Ink Preferred offers the most, and I’m not a fan of the higher fee with the Reserve, but just wondering if most select the CIP if they can?

Thanks so much! The only question I have right now is whether I should go with Chase Ink Preferred, Reserve, of Sapphire Preferred? It seems like Ink Preferred offers the most, and I’m not a fan of the higher fee with the Reserve, but just wondering if most select the CIP if they can?
The right answer is get 2 out of the 3. Get a CIP and then get CSR or CSP (whichever is of greater interest). :) Or you could do the Sapphire card first then CIP. As long as you put 90ish days between applications you should be fine!

Also - when you go to apply consider joining our Reddit group DISchurners so you can support another DISer by using their link ;)

@Albort The gum wall got cleaned Friday so if you put any gum on it, it's already gone. They pressure washed it and had on almost full hazmat suits on, head to toe covered. So nasty, I hope they got hazard pay :)

If your ok with applying for a business card the Chase Ink Preferred CIP is what most and I also stared out with because of the 80,000 sign up bonus I’d you spend $5,000 In The first 3 months.

The Chase Sapphire Reserve CSR is a $450 fee..with a $300 travel credit and other perks....the Chase Sapphire Preferred has the$95 fee waved the first year both require a $4,000 spend in the first 3 monthsfor the 50,000 bonus points

Really up to you what your comfortable with..the fees and the spend...don’t spend more than you normally would....I’ve just changed from paying cash or using my debit card for groceries, paying my phone, electric etc to using my credit card and paying it off online weekly

I haven’t been to either of those.

Yet another reason why you need to stop at DL for a day or two on your way to Japan. :rotfl:

Thanks. We would be flying out of MSP. Figured like you always say - a year to get your points in order and then be ready to book when awards become available. Pretty open to June July or August in 2020. Kids will be home from college for summer and really want to plan something before they are off on their own and it gets harder to do with them. Cant wait for my travel books to arrive. At least then we can maybe narrow down some countries.

I have found with AA it's important to have the points in hand and be ready to book before they release your travel dates. That's how I grabbed the lowest point / Saver rates for our trips.

And I understand about booking trips as kids get older. My DD is in college and it was really hard to find a great trip that didn't interfere with her semester or her summer internship. We managed to squeeze it in the 3 weeks after the internship finished and got her home a couple of days before she had to fly off to school. Sadly, it just gets harder as they get older.

Yaaaassssss Five Guys! I didn’t think they had them that far west!

Yep. We have one really close to us. I prefer In & Out though, although we go there maybe once every 1-2 years.

A Steak ‘n Shake opened up in Daly City last year, and my wife and I actually much preferred the crispyness and juiciness of a “steakburger” to In-N-Out. Shake Shack is expanding to the Bay Area, with a restaurant opening on Palo Alto next month, and one in the Marina eventually. I’ll give it a try when it opens. I’ve passed by Five Guys, gotten tons of Amex Offers for Five Guys, but have never been!

Hmmm. Daly City? Maybe we'll get one a little further south. Sounds like it's worth trying. And yeah that's the SShack I'm waiting for. DD and DH both ate at one in NYC (on separate trips there) and they both reported that the shake was good but the burgers weren't better than In-N-Out.

The "tin foil hat" part of me thinks that Chase was holding onto all those points until they closed up all the back doors people were finding to make Disney bookings on UR points.
Nah, I still think it was them pulling back one Card from everybody who double dipped before they could get bonus points.

If your ok with applying for a business card the Chase Ink Preferred CIP is what most and I also stared out with because of the 80,000 sign up bonus I’d you spend $5,000 In The first 3 months.

The Chase Sapphire Reserve CSR is a $450 fee..with a $300 travel credit and other perks....the Chase Sapphire Preferred has the$95 fee waved the first year both require a $4,000 spend in the first 3 monthsfor the 50,000 bonus points

Really up to you what your comfortable with..the fees and the spend...don’t spend more than you normally would....I’ve just changed from paying cash or using my debit card for groceries, paying my phone, electric etc to using my credit card and paying it off online weekly

TY! This is pretty much what we did. We charge at least 4K a month, but it has been as much as 6. We do not use cash or debits, and we pay in full monthly. We earned a large amount on our Disney Visa to use towards our upcoming trip, but are looking at exploring other rewards now that we know we can handle it. I get nervous with too many annual fees adding up. We have 4 kids and 3 are 9 year old triplets. We do not travel extensively, but do family-oriented trips a few times a year. Just trying to feel out which card(s) will be the best fit long-term. I’m not opposed to closing a card, but would prefer not to.

That CIP bonus reward would be nice. We have an upcoming Disney/Universal trip and we could use it towards the Universal expense.

TY! This is pretty much what we did. We charge at least 4K a month, but it has been as much as 6. We do not use cash or debits, and we pay in full monthly. We earned a large amount on our Disney Visa to use towards our upcoming trip, but are looking at exploring other rewards now that we know we can handle it. I get nervous with too many annual fees adding up. We have 4 kids and 3 are 9 year old triplets. We do not travel extensively, but do family-oriented trips a few times a year. Just trying to feel out which card(s) will be the best fit long-term. I’m not opposed to closing a card, but would prefer not to.

That CIP bonus reward would be nice. We have an upcoming Disney/Universal trip and we could use it towards the Universal expense.

You can buy universal tickets with UR...I don’t have any experience doing it so I’m not sure of the cost...
To me my best use of points so far was booking a 2 bedroom at Wyndom Bonnet Creek 12/19 to 12/24 using about 85,000 UR s...so I’m thinking my $95 annual fee got 5 nights there...

With the amount you spend monthly you could alternate opening cards between you and your husband...for example I opended a CIP in May...for my husband an employee card so we put all our spend on it...got the 85,000 points mid June....then I referred him for a CIP...20,000 referral points for me..met his spend in August...so we have 190,000 points...now I’ve opened the CSR for me so more Points in our future

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter