I love credit cards so much!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nobody has mentioned my favorite fast food burger yet - Culver’s. I think it’s primarily a Midwest chain.
We like Culver’s. I don’t really consider it fast food. It’s not that fast, lol. Plus they have stuff like pot roast. I don’t consider fast food for dinner, maybe lunch. But we eat dinner at Culver’s a couple times a month. DS loves the chicken tenders and they are better than any fast food nuggets.

2 nights in SF and I had In and Out for dinner both nights...

Oh you need to expand your fast food there's so many better places out there. Steak n Shake, Shake Shack, Five Guys etc. I miss SnS as much as I miss InO.
I LOVE SnS. There is only one in our whole state, but luckily it's on our way to our hometown. My mom used to take my brother and I there a lot when we were little and lived in Georgia.

Last edited:
Yet another reason why you need to stop at DL for a day or two on your way to Japan. :rotfl:

I have found with AA it's important to have the points in hand and be ready to book before they release your travel dates. That's how I grabbed the lowest point / Saver rates for our trips.

And I understand about booking trips as kids get older. My DD is in college and it was really hard to find a great trip that didn't interfere with her semester or her summer internship. We managed to squeeze it in the 3 weeks after the internship finished and got her home a couple of days before she had to fly off to school. Sadly, it just gets harder as they get older.

Yep. We have one really close to us. I prefer In & Out though, although we go there maybe once every 1-2 years.
Lol we'll see....gotta pay for Japan first and find someone to take care of our cats while we are gone

We like Culver’s. I don’t really consider it fast food. It’s not that fast, lol. Plus they have stuff like pot roast. I don’t consider fast food for dinner, maybe lunch. But we eat dinner at Culver’s a couple times a month. DS loves the chicken tenders and they are better than any fast food nuggets.
I love Culver's! I always get the kids meal since it comes with a free scoop of ice cream and the pile the toppings on it for no extra charge.

I love Culver's! I always get the kids meal since it comes with a free scoop of ice cream and the pile the toppings on it for no extra charge.
Yes so does DS. But he’s getting to be a big enough eater that he gets the kids meal plus extra tenders. He’s not even a teenager and eats crazy amounts sometimes.

There have been a couple open here in Atlanta recently and one is very close to us. We have been many, many times. Love the cheese curds!
Did you have the pretzel bites? Yumm. They are coming back in October (hint: you can get them at Gordon Food Service though Culver’s deep fries them )

When buying theme park tickets on undercover tourist with chase sapphire, does it code for travel?

And talk to me About capital one venture, chase freedom(which u can transfer points to sapphire for SW) . Which is better?

Last edited:
You can buy universal tickets with UR...I don’t have any experience doing it so I’m not sure of the cost...
To me my best use of points so far was booking a 2 bedroom at Wyndom Bonnet Creek 12/19 to 12/24 using about 85,000 UR s...so I’m thinking my $95 annual fee got 5 nights there...

With the amount you spend monthly you could alternate opening cards between you and your husband...for example I opended a CIP in May...for my husband an employee card so we put all our spend on it...got the 85,000 points mid June....then I referred him for a CIP...20,000 referral points for me..met his spend in August...so we have 190,000 points...now I’ve opened the CSR for me so more Points in our future

Great idea! Thanks. I hadn’t even thought of it, but now I’m really excited!

I'll go to McD's before BK, which was called Kinga Burger when I was little. Guess I got it backwards. I just don't like them any more, or McD's burgers for that matter.

I had Shake Shack a few years ago in DC and I wasn't impressed, I prefer Five Guys. There's a kind of Steak n Shake in DT Seattle but it's not totally the same so not worth the effort to get to it.

Steak n Shake is my preferred if I need a drive thru and quick, then Five Guys because they are good. I would go FG over InO too, I couldn't believe how much it had gone up. And it was salty and I don't just mean the fries but the burger. Granted, we don't add salt when cooking in this house, lots of heart disease, so my version of too salty is someone else's normal or not salty enough. Shake Shake is on the bottom. But really Dick's Drive in and Pick Quick, which is another local drive in with 2 locations, the better open only seasonally and the whole counter/kitchen area would fit in most people's master bedrooms, would be my top two choices always. Cash only at Pick Quick though so you gotta plan ahead for that one.

Has anybody else had Mooyah? They are my favorite burgers now. They're sort of crusty, which I love, and the buns are great.

So Chase isn’t the only one delaying bonuses. Got Aviator Biz in August. AF posted 8/31, made a charge, paid balance 9/11. Nothing. :confused3
I just SMd them asking when my statement closes and when I might see my miles.

That's normal for Barclays - they are slooooow. I wouldn't be expecting to see the miles until a few days after your next statement closes.

A Steak ‘n Shake opened up in Daly City last year, and my wife and I actually much preferred the crispyness and juiciness of a “steakburger” to In-N-Out. Shake Shack is expanding to the Bay Area, with a restaurant opening on Palo Alto next month, and one in the Marina eventually. I’ll give it a try when it opens. I’ve passed by Five Guys, gotten tons of Amex Offers for Five Guys, but have never been!

I like Steak n Shake too :D We have only gone to it a few times b/c it's not real convenient but I've been very impressed each time. I read Shake Shack is coming here as well but most new places seem to go more north of Denver and we live on the very far southwest part of the metro area. We are supposed to get InO but guessing that will be up north as well.
Five Guys is really good too but I have a kiddo with a peanut allergy so it's not a great fit for us.

So, I signed up for an Uber account so I could check out UberEats now that I have this, oh so useful, monthly Uber credit lol. Guess what place comes up the closest and with no service fee?? McD's. Yup, I can treat my boys to Happy Meals a couple of times a month now:rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!