I love credit cards so much!

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, I think I've talked DH into taking the earlier flight to Nashville so we can go to an Opry show :thumbsup2 Now I'm thinking maybe I should switch over the Courtyard Marriott downtown for Friday night, since it looks like it's only a couple blocks from Ryman Auditorium.

Also, I got an email from Marriott saying they were giving me an elite night credit for my birthday...

Oh good! You’re going to the opry at a great time of year. You’ll love it!

They sent an email. It sucks since there's no way to check status that's automated. It took a few days before it showed up in my account online since I still had the personal at that point. I need to double check too, I know I signed up for paperless but they sent a paper statement. I know some will with the first statement but I always sign up for paperless when I apply/enroll online so I wasn't amused at the 3 pages I got yesterday.

Rats, figured, but hoping for a secret handshake anyway. I keep checking my email and my account for messages. Probably the most often I've logged in ever :)
My other BoA cards are cobrand that were targeted with instant approvals so the waiting is new. :rolleyes1

@calypso726 - I know you do a fair bit of international travel. How's the GoGo WiFi coverage on international flights? I looked up the GoGo coverage map on a United flight, and it seems limited to most of North America.

Not GoGo but international flights. Ive done wifi on routes from west coast to Asia(Taiwan specifically), wifi is decent until get close to Russia. It goes to nothing. Even flying close to Japan was terrible.

Tested on China Airlines and EVA Airways.

10x UR when using Chase pay at ATL and CLT at participating dining and merchants. DoC post Bit random but probably easier for some to pay with your phone than card at the airport. IF I have time to buy breakfast during my connection next month I'll have to try and remember to use it to pay. No problem after a red eye :coffee: with less than 40 min to connect.

Oh yay. I rebooked our dec flights from a nonstop to a layover in atl (against my better judgement) so I could save a decent amount of points in the process. We have a 2 hour layover and it is at dinner time.

Rats, figured, but hoping for a secret handshake anyway. I keep checking my email and my account for messages. Probably the most often I've logged in ever :)
My other BoA cards are cobrand that were targeted with instant approvals so the waiting is new. :rolleyes1

It's my first biz with them, any other card I've done with them has been instant. Well the very first was a paper app so I guess not instant. They really need to get with the program and get a status line, course amex doesn't have one either and I had to wait on that one. But I only waited like 5 min to find out I was approved for the biz card so not even the same.

Just transferred points from P2's CIP to her new CSR with no problem. When I try to transfer my CF points and add her CSR as a household card I get an "unexpected error occurred". Tried it on my computer and then on my phone. Same error. Any idea what's going on?

I "invested" in 10 day nonexpiring tix several years ago.....I wish we would have "invested" more!
I bought some non expiring ones a few years ago, but we used them already. Wish I’d had the cash to buy more but I don’t have thousands to “invest” in tix plus who knows when we’ll decide we’re done with Disney. DS is now adult age (or will be next trip) and he’s asking for Universal or a trip to England for 2020.

Yowza! Just checked the new prices for WDW tix. Bought tix last week for next March on UT. Same tix now over $300 more from Disney. This just may be our last year. Over $1500 just for tix is pretty crazy.

I was looking at that earlier. AP are >$1,000. We will be getting 4 of them in April, but I'm not sure how much we will be going after those are expired.

Edit: I see it is the Platinum Plus AP that is >$1,000 the Platinum is $952 with tax.

Last edited:
I was not doing the churning thing when we got our mortgage or even when we refinanced but we did just get a home equity loan this summer. They ran the credit check on that and emphasized the number of cards (not happy). But we have high scores that are higher now that we have more credit. Your actual amount of credit helps your score. I think you are okay to keep doing what you are doing with opening new cards, pay off every month, increase scores slowly, then maybe 6 months before you look at getting the mortgage stop applying. You seem to be on the right track. As long as not too close in time you might want too look at another Chase or branching out to another company like Amex.
Thanks, this is kind of what my thinking was. The cards may be easily explained since we won't have a balance on them. I was thinking if we aren't overly zealous we might be ok when the time comes for a mortgage. Hopefully. However we are planning a 2020 trip to Italy so would like to earn as much for that as possible. :)

Just transferred points from P2's CIP to her new CSR with no problem. When I try to transfer my CF points and add her CSR as a household card I get an "unexpected error occurred". Tried it on my computer and then on my phone. Same error. Any idea what's going on?
Sometimes there are issues linking multiple cards. Can you link your CF to her CIP? Otherwise, unlink her CIP- CST, then wait 24 hours and try linking your CF to CSR.

I was looking at that earlier. AP are >$1,000. We will be getting 4 of them in April, but I'm not sure how much we will be going after those are expired.

So happy I bought my AP in Feb before that price increase instead of buying a UT ticket before the increase and bridging it when I go next month. I def came out ahead this time because I didn't anticipate another price increase this year, that would have really hurt and negated a lot of the savings I imagine. Also used gift cards for it that were either earned from SB or bought cheaper or for fuel rewards so I saved that way too but I've no idea what because I don't care to keep track that much :)

When I factor in the $200 in AA GCs and the GoGo inflight Wi-Fi passes plus the discounted airfare I have found through Amex travel then it all far outweighs the fee. That is even before I factor in paying with points and getting 35% back making the points worth 1.54. I love UR points but when I choose to pay for airfare with points I always compare pricing via the UR portal and pricing via the amex portal and Amex Travel pricing beats Chase UR portal pricing nearly every single time.

This makes sense especially for first-class tickets. (IIRC the 35% MR back is for all first-class tickets plus tickets on a selected airline.) Since first-class tickets are not in my near-future travel plans, the 35% MR back is useful only when it happens that AA has the best flights/cost combination. This year I have bought a couple of AA tickets but used AA GCs. I've also bought a few tickets on Delta and United, plus one on Hawaiian.

Another of my issues is that I have found UR points easier to earn than MR points. Although that might be changing with the 4x MR for groceries with the new/improved Gold card.

CA/WA/OR/NV/ID Umpqua $200 bonus (probably? Via Slickdeals, never done this before so idk if the bonus will come through) has $2k Visa/MC funding. Check DPs on DoC to see if the cc card you want has been working. I did CFU $2k, one fraud alert, cleared & account approved.
https://www.doctorofcredit.com/wa-or-ca-nv-id-umpqua-bank-200-checking-bonus-no-bonus-requirements/

Full disclosure idk how this will end up, Umpqua appears recently new to the bonus game as is this SD angle. Hopefully the cc funding sticks!

If she really is feeling kind ask her to go for a CFU so you get the points and then PC to a CF :)

EDIT: I’m assuming you have a CFU. IF not then hmmmm lol

Don't have a CFU :(

Are there any rumors as to why Chase is taking away support links??

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter