I love credit cards so much!

Status
Not open for further replies.
thanks- we're SWA also, how do you plan to use the lounge while flying SWA? I've never gone into a lounge before

Curious about this too. I'd love to check out a lounge and our airport here in Denver does not have a PP lounge. We are flying to Houston next week though. Hmm, hadn't thought about if they have one. Off to find out :)

ETA: BOO on Houston too. No pp lounge there either.

Last edited:
Make a reservation using points and cash for a small amount of points. Later, cancel the reservation.
You will be charged a lower fee for the points than the usual 13$ per thousand. I think the highest is $7 so you might spend $35. Look for a points and cash where you need the least amount of points....this used to be 5000. (I haven't checked this summer.) This will count as activity on your account. You can use any credit card.

I am editing this to be very specific:

Holiday Inn Express - Orlando - Davenport - just south of Disney is a 15000 point room. Cash and points offer is 10k points plus $35. Essentially you would be buying the 5000 additional points, so that when you cancel the reservation, your 10K points go back in your account and instead of getting your $35 back, you get 5000 additional purchased points put into your account. So $7 per thousand instead of $13 through points.com.

I guess you could also just buy a 1000 pts as well but I haven't looked to see if they have a minimum purchase.

Thank you for the info and room example! I learn so much from you all!!

ETA: NVM, I was on the wrong hotel...

Last edited:
Does AmEx allow you to transfer MR points to a spouse's account, like you can with Chase UR points? Or can you transfer your rewards points from a cash back card into MR points if you have an MR-earning card?

I currently have a Blue Cash Everyday card (no AF), and there is an offer on my account to upgrade my card to the Blue Cash Preferred ($95 AF). I am considering doing that for the 6% back on groceries, but then wondered if it'd make more sense for me to get an MR-earning card instead. I don't currently have one but my wife has an AmEx Everyday (no AF). I think it'd only be worth me getting one if we could pool our points. I also don't want to cancel my BCE since it's my oldest CC.

Yes, you can send a SM to Chase to request a new card. You cannot gain entry by showing your CSR; you need to have your PP card. PP does have an app for iOS and Android that allows you to carry a digital membership card, but they warn that not all lounges accept the digital card and to carry your physical card with you when traveling. Some people used to just charge the PP entry fee to their CSR and seek reimbursement, but I've seen DPs that say Chase has changed this policy to a once per lifetime courtesy.

Unless it's changed recently, the version of the Priority Pass membership that comes with the CSR card doesn't support the digital membership card. You can download and access the app for lounge info, but there's no way to get the digital membership card to show up.

I was really looking forward to PP as a nice perk of the card, but find that I'm not able to get the use out of it that I expected. DS and I used it once to access the lounge at PDX during our WDW trip last January. For our other stops it just didn't work out. Either our connections were too tight, or the lounge was located in another terminal that necessitated leaving the secure area and then going back through security. DS plans to PC his CSR to a FU in October when his next AF comes due, but I'm going to keep mine for the time being. Now that the lounge at PDX limits access to just the cardholder, with no guests, it eliminated the one place that we were likely to use it.

Unless it's changed recently, the version of the Priority Pass membership that comes with the CSR card doesn't support the digital membership card. You can download and access the app for lounge info, but there's no way to get the digital membership card to show up.

this is correct. Its got something to do with how the membership is issued to us, like its chase issuing it and not PP. Amex and Citi are issued by PP directly though. (i think)

I also heard that chase MIGHT give u a one time pass if you call and let them know. its most likely YMMV.

Curious about this too. I'd love to check out a lounge and our airport here in Denver does not have a PP lounge. We are flying to Houston next week though. Hmm, hadn't thought about if they have one. Off to find out :)

PP in the US sucks. just wait till u travel internationally. I had a relaxing flight home after i showered at the airport from Taiwan... :P

The KLM and Air France Lounges in Houston are PP, but they're small. I tried to get in last month when I was flying BA and they were at capacity. I think I could have gotten into one, but no guests for sure. It was well worth it in London and Copenhagen though, and I got my whole family in.

The KLM and Air France Lounges in Houston are PP, but they're small. I tried to get in last month when I was flying BA and they were at capacity. I think I could have gotten into one, but no guests for sure. It was well worth it in London and Copenhagen though, and I got my whole family in.

Ah ok, good info to have. My dh & I both have the CSR but we also have 4 kids so unlikely we'll be able to get in if they are that small.

If I misplaced my Priority Pass Select membership card, do I just contact Chase to receive a replacement? Will they allow access just by showing my CSR or do I need the actual membership card?
Yes they will, no you can't. Need actual membership card because the lounge must swipe that card like a credit card, it's coded differently than your CSR. We lost a pass the day we left on a trip and called Chase, they issued a new card to us but it would arrive at home after we were gone and they said if we wanted to access a lounge before the card arrived we could access one that was accepting PP guests and charge it to our CSR and the call Chase when we got home for reimbursement. They allow it once (twice?) every 12 months- something like that. Call the number on the back of your CSR for specifics. (After finding all that out we didn't end up trying it as our flights got all screwed up :sad2: )

I was really looking forward to PP as a nice perk of the card, but find that I'm not able to get the use out of it that I expected. DS and I used it once to access the lounge at PDX during our WDW trip last January. For our other stops it just didn't work out. Either our connections were too tight, or the lounge was located in another terminal that necessitated leaving the secure area and then going back through security. DS plans to PC his CSR to a FU in October when his next AF comes due, but I'm going to keep mine for the time being. Now that the lounge at PDX limits access to just the cardholder, with no guests, it eliminated the one place that we were likely to use it.
If he travels enough it might be worth it to you to spend the $75 to make him an AU on your card. I believe the CSR AU comes with a PP.

thanks- we're SWA also, how do you plan to use the lounge while flying SWA? I've never gone into a lounge before
If you're referring to a location question of where lounges are in relation to the SWA gates ignore me. But, if that's not your q...
It doesn't matter what airline you're flying when you go to access a lounge.

How long do IHG points stay active before you lose them?

Supposed to be 12 months.

Does AmEx allow you to transfer MR points to a spouse's account, like you can with Chase UR points? Or can you transfer your rewards points from a cash back card into MR points if you have an MR-earning card?

I currently have a Blue Cash Everyday card (no AF), and there is an offer on my account to upgrade my card to the Blue Cash Preferred ($95 AF). I am considering doing that for the 6% back on groceries, but then wondered if it'd make more sense for me to get an MR-earning card instead. I don't currently have one but my wife has an AmEx Everyday (no AF). I think it'd only be worth me getting one if we could pool our points. I also don't want to cancel my BCE since it's my oldest CC.

No, Amex does not allow MR transfers to a spouse's MR account. You can transfer MR points to a spouse's airline or hotel loyalty program or an authorized user's airline/hotel loyalty program.

Limited MR (cash back) can not be combined or transferred to full MR.

Going to apply for CIBP card for DW. She is starting up a MJ Trunk Keeper role. Does it matter if we apply in her name as a sole proprietorship vs an LLC both for likelihood of acceptance and for the 5/24 rule?

I am at 4/24 and thinking about trying for my last Chase card (still debating whether to go for another SW and get CP OR the Chase Marriott). Anyways, my real question is whether to ask Chase to lower my available credit before I apply. Both my CSR and CSP have about 20k each extended to me, the CIP has about 9k and my last card, the SW premier, I was only given 2k. I am thinking if I apply for another card I will be needing to call recon and ask to move credit around. Is it better to do that in advance?

Going to apply for CIBP card for DW. She is starting up a MJ Trunk Keeper role. Does it matter if we apply in her name as a sole proprietorship vs an LLC both for likelihood of acceptance and for the 5/24 rule?

I'm not sure it matters as long as she is under 5/24. I applied as a sole proprietor and was approved. Good luck to your wife in getting the CIP and in her new role!

I am at 4/24 and thinking about trying for my last Chase card (still debating whether to go for another SW and get CP OR the Chase Marriott). Anyways, my real question is whether to ask Chase to lower my available credit before I apply. Both my CSR and CSP have about 20k each extended to me, the CIP has about 9k and my last card, the SW premier, I was only given 2k. I am thinking if I apply for another card I will be needing to call recon and ask to move credit around. Is it better to do that in advance?

Conventional wisdom seems to be to try for two Chase cards on the same day, close in time, at 4/24 to combine the hard pull and you might be able to sneak two cards through at the same time. Apply for the card you want more first, so if you're sent to pending you can try to recon immediately. Apply on a weekday during business hours so phone lines are open to talk to a csr. If it's something simple like verifying ID or moving around credit or discounting AUs against 5/24, and you get approved, move on to the second application. If you don't get a decision or are denied, I don't think there's any harm in going through with a second application since it's the same pull. In either case, if you get denied for the second card, you can wait for the denial letter and have 30 days to recon.

I think you'll find opinions on both sides of whether to preemptively lower your credit. Especially if your credit is getting close to hitting half of your stated income, Chase might be wary of extending you more and that may increase your risk of going to pending or denial, instead of automatic approval. But I'm more of the view why should you give up a chip you can bargain with later if it does come down to moving around credit?

Same thing here, peel. The CIP either counts and I am at 5/24 and I need to go Amex for the SPG OR it doesn't count, I am at 4/24 and I want the Chase Marriott. The CIP does not show up on my CR.
I went ahead and applied for the SPG personal last night. Instant approval with a ridiculously high credit line. I used DH's referral, so we'll get an extra 7500 points for that. My cat needs an expensive test soon, so I wanted to put it toward a new minimum spend. I might try for the Marriott card before the Amex posts to my credit report. We'll see.

That didn't seem to work for us. I lowered the limits on DHs CSR & CSP from 20k+ each to 12k. Still had to call recon and they moved 2k from CSP to new SW card, making the limits 12k, 10k, & 2k on his 3 cards when a week earlier his total credit limit was over 40k.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter