I love credit cards so much!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Having some serious regrets that I didn't go ahead and refer my dh for the BGR before the new card came out :( I'm not sure what I was thinking. By the time I really was processing all this late last night, the old card had been pulled.

@SouthFayetteFan and anyone else who would like to chime in - I'm working my way to cashing out my MR's through Schwab. I've gotten the BGR, BBP, green biz & vanilla plat. I currently have 150k MR's and will have another 100k very soon from the Plat. What other MR cards should I go after. I have some other Amex cards too so I'm worried I'm nearing my limits with them. I have both spg per & biz, BCE & Delta gold biz. Closing the BGR 1/19.
I hesitate to dish out a ton of advice on the MR Schwab blitz due to these new popup restrictions. Back when I did it, they would approve anybody breathing so I hit them all including Green, Gold (now discontinued), Ameriprise Gold, Everyday, Everyday Preferred, and so on. Of course this will absolutely KILL your 5/24 status if you were ever trying to get under 5 again. With the new Self Link option there are extra points to be had there. I'd consider all of them and figure out which ones suit you best and just methodically work through them (knowing that you may get put to a halt at some point by a popup).

I got a similar email from plastiq but mine was for $10,000. :-(
I got the same email. Find a business, get them to send $10k using Plastiq and I'd receive 10k in FFD and the business would get 1k. I personally think they are looking for real businesses to add to their list not "businesses." Although I haven't used the service since I paid my property taxes in July.

For those of you that watch the Gift Card thread on here closely...

Can you do a favor to us here and if any really good deals come along make sure they are shared here. I'm sure a lot of us are looking to either acquire discounted Disney GCs or discounted GCs of some sort for Christmas and that somewhat overlaps with churning... I don't always have time to keep up with that thread too, haha! I know most of the time those things are shared here also (i.e. the whole RMN thing).

Thanks guys - I'd appreciate it and I'm sure others would too :D

I won 5,000 points in the Marriott game today! That’s the most I’ve ever won. I just added up what I’ve won total: 7,100 points. I forgot to play a bunch of days so that’s not too bad.

I got a similar email from plastiq but mine was for $10,000. :-(
I got the same email. I don’t know anyone to refer who would spend $10K that quickly, unfortunately.

I don’t think the initial 2k cc funding counts as the direct deposit.
ETA: hmm I see @alryan had a different experience. This would be a great DP. I’m struggling to link my Pnc to my other accounts to move 2k in. Haven’t done my debits yet.

It's not supposed to, but there has been many reports over the past few months where it has been in practice. I have no first hand experience as my funding failed :( So I pushed all 5k to get the bonus and found other stuff to spend money on for my MSR.

Did you just set up a trace to close it? If I fund with 2k on the Southwest biz and do 10 $1 Amazon reloads to I need to replenish the $10 from an external account to keep above the 2k minimum to avoid a fee? Thanks again....I have also never done a bank bonus.

For the PNC bonus there's a couple options if you can meet higher direct deposit amounts. There's a few ways to do that without changing your paycheck. I transfer from CapOne360 and that counts. There's also a couple ways to keep if fee free after the grace period, which is a month or two, one is maintaining a minimum balance and another is receiving monthly direct deposits. So if you don't want to park money there you can set up monthly deposits and then spend from there or just move it back. Once you get the bonus you can downgrade to the lowest option which reduces the amount needed for the minimum balance or direct deposits to waive the fee.

https://www.doctorofcredit.com/pnc-up-to-300-checking-bonus-no-state-restriction/

Off topic, but am I the only one who didn't know you can combine Target gift cards again? I had $100 worth of those GC with purchases, taking up a ton of space in my purse, but now they are nicely on one card :-)

I did not, when it got killed with the 3rd party change I thought it was gone. Can you just buy them again or did they bring back the combine option in the app? I have a few with random dollars on them I'd love to consolidate.

Can you do a favor to us here and if any really good deals come along make sure they are shared here. I'm sure a lot of us are looking to either acquire discounted Disney GCs or discounted GCs of some sort for Christmas and that somewhat overlaps with churning... I don't always have time to keep up with that thread too, haha! I know most of the time those things are shared here also (i.e. the whole RMN thing).

Staples starting this sunday VGCs are fee free. does that count?

I did not, when it got killed with the 3rd party change I thought it was gone. Can you just buy them again or did they bring back the combine option in the app? I have a few with random dollars on them I'd love to consolidate.
I do not see anyway to do it on the Target app. But if you log into your account on the website, you can add gift cards, make one the primary, and then transfer other gift cards to it. You can then make a different card your primary and repeat, if you want to have two cards with different cards combined to them. Don't toss any of them until you are done though, because I am 99% sure it switched which one of the million $5 cards I had to the primary. I think it made the very last one I added the primary. So I did the check gift card balance and it showed the right balance, so I know which one is correct. LOL, did that make sense?

Took the day off because I had a doctor's appointment this morning and then my global entry interview this afternoon. DH and I had to drive 90 minutes to get to the global entry interview. They took us together and asked us about 5 minutes worth of questions. Done! Afterward we stopped at Saks and I grabbed a $50 gift card for my Amex plat credit. :)

Ran into the Disney store and picked up a flyer with these events to celebrate Mickey's 90th:

Saturday November 17 - new Mickey memories plus, pin set and mug.

Sunday November 18 - The first 90 guests to make a purchase will receive a special Mickey-themed decorative key. The tumbler part of the key is a castle.

Saturday November 26 - Receive a free Mary Poppins Returns poster with purchase of any Mary Poppins products.

I do not see anyway to do it on the Target app. But if you log into your account on the website, you can add gift cards, make one the primary, and then transfer other gift cards to it. You can then make a different card your primary and repeat, if you want to have two cards with different cards combined to them. Don't toss any of them until you are done though, because I am 99% sure it switched which one of the million $5 cards I had to the primary. I think it made the very last one I added the primary. So I did the check gift card balance and it showed the right balance, so I know which one is correct. LOL, did that make sense?

Excellent, I'd rather use the website anyway. I wish they'd let us do the opposite too as I realized I have a larger one I'd like to split for birthday gifts but I'll take the consolation prize :) Thanks!

I hesitate to dish out a ton of advice on the MR Schwab blitz due to these new popup restrictions. Back when I did it, they would approve anybody breathing so I hit them all including Green, Gold (now discontinued), Ameriprise Gold, Everyday, Everyday Preferred, and so on. Of course this will absolutely KILL your 5/24 status if you were ever trying to get under 5 again. With the new Self Link option there are extra points to be had there. I'd consider all of them and figure out which ones suit you best and just methodically work through them (knowing that you may get put to a halt at some point by a popup).

Yeah this popup thing is so weird. I too blitzed MRs for Schwab this year and I never got a popup, and I'm the guy that hits the MSR and moves on every time. I should have gotten the popup. Only thing I can figure is I was going fast and hard all year, so now it's probably weirder to Amex that I've slowed down so much!

What about the Meijers deal? I don’t know if that was posted here or not. I think it’s 10% off gift cards with digital coupon. Includes Disney. Don’t remember dates off hand.

What about the Meijers deal? I don’t know if that was posted here or not. I think it’s 10% off gift cards with digital coupon. Includes Disney. Don’t remember dates off hand.

I posted it about 6 a.m. so many probably did miss it - the deal runs today through November 10. Up to $100 savings - only good one time. Must clip M Perk coupon.

Yeah this popup thing is so weird. I too blitzed MRs for Schwab this year and I never got a popup, and I'm the guy that hits the MSR and moves on every time. I should have gotten the popup. Only thing I can figure is I was going fast and hard all year, so now it's probably weirder to Amex that I've slowed down so much!

My personal experience makes me think there’s something to be said about the “fast and hard” approach. Since I’m over 5/24, I’ve been hitting Amex MSRs pretty hard. I recently finished the MSRs on the SPG Lux ($5k MSR) and Biz Plat ($10k MSR). Then the Gold gained 4x MR at restaurants and supermarkets, so I switched a lot of my organic spend over to the Gold. Between, MSRs, Amex Offers, and organic bonus category spend, Amex sees a lot of our money. I’ve had hefty balances (all paid off every month) on the SPG Lux, MB Plat, Gold, and SPG Biz (high $100s-$1000s); but I barely put any spend on my SPG Personal, Hilton Biz, Biz Green, and MB Plat (usually just in the $10s to low $100s) in recent months. (I did get the $3k/10k Marriott points spending bonus offer on the SPG Personal, so I’m putting spend on that card now.) I didn’t get the pop up when I applied for the BGR yesterday, I think because I’m coming off so much spend on the SPG Lux, MB Plat, Gold, and to a lesser extent SPG Biz and Personal. My overall spend hasn’t slowed down or dropped off, so to say (even though it might’ve dropped off on some cards).

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter