I love credit cards so much!

Status
Not open for further replies.
For those of you that watch the Gift Card thread on here closely...

Can you do a favor to us here and if any really good deals come along make sure they are shared here. I'm sure a lot of us are looking to either acquire discounted Disney GCs or discounted GCs of some sort for Christmas and that somewhat overlaps with churning... I don't always have time to keep up with that thread too, haha! I know most of the time those things are shared here also (i.e. the whole RMN thing).

Thanks guys - I'd appreciate it and I'm sure others would too :D

Yes! Pls share! I try to pop in over there but stay so busy here. I have a good start but will buy APs in Jan so will need another stash after my dec trip. RMN has been a dud lately.

I hesitate to dish out a ton of advice on the MR Schwab blitz due to these new popup restrictions. Back when I did it, they would approve anybody breathing so I hit them all including Green, Gold (now discontinued), Ameriprise Gold, Everyday, Everyday Preferred, and so on. Of course this will absolutely KILL your 5/24 status if you were ever trying to get under 5 again. With the new Self Link option there are extra points to be had there. I'd consider all of them and figure out which ones suit you best and just methodically work through them (knowing that you may get put to a halt at some point by a popup).
@wendow the only popup I've had was for the SPG Biz in Aug. I've never had a popup for any of the MR earning cards. I have 10 AMEX cards right now...YIKES! Most recently the BBP. You will want to go for the ones listed above and support yourself whenever you can via the BBP or Plat for the extra 15K. Ameriprise is worth 25K but you have to apply via the Ameriprise website, just google it if you don't see it. You can often find 25K for the Green card via incognito. And if you can swing it, the Biz plat. That's next on my list, planning for the end of this month to do the triple dip for the airline credit and pay some taxes in the new year with it. Hoping I can call in and get the $10K/3mo offer. Also, you may not be able to get the Schwab plat while you have the vanilla. I got the Schwab first and was denied the vanilla, boo.

Sigh... would love to do this, but I can't travel in January because of work stuff. Would be so amazing to see Lin Manuel Miranda as Hamilton.

I just bought tix to a Hamiltunes event - a giant Hamilton sing along. So nerdy, but sounds like so much fun!
I also cannot travel in January due to an already planned trip to WDW and then slammed with work when I get back, otherwise I'd be all over those Puerto Rico tickets! I recently saw him on Colbert and he was so cute. He said he'll only have about a week and a half to rehearse in PR so he's nervous about remembering all the lines. Colbert asked him what happens if he forgets a line and, deadpan he says, "It's called a re-write." LOVE IT!

I recently bought tix to see the show in SF next summer. @Lain here's your shot!

The sing along sounds so fun too, I'd do that in a heartbeat!

Best Buy sent out and email with a “mystery” reward. I got $5, worked on a giftcard though.

Stop and Shop (giant too) starting tomorrow have $20 back on gcs. The ad shows Best Buy and a bunch of others but states “any third party gc”. The $20 is in the form of a coupon and expires the end of the month. Finally a break for us envious non-Kroger peeps!!!

Woohoo!

Thanks for the tag! Been waiting on pins and needles. Unfortunately, I will be at Epcot waiting for the wine and cheese seminar to start. Disney wi-fi is very :snail:and makes me want to :badpc: I have decided to enlist the help of a fellow Hamilton fan who will come with. If she secures the tix, I will pay her back and cover the hotel. Surely something on points will be available.
Good luck! Hope you get tix!!

@wendow the only popup I've had was for the SPG Biz in Aug. I've never had a popup for any of the MR earning cards. I have 10 AMEX cards right now...YIKES! Most recently the BBP. You will want to go for the ones listed above and support yourself whenever you can via the BBP or Plat for the extra 15K. Ameriprise is worth 25K but you have to apply via the Ameriprise website, just google it if you don't see it. You can often find 25K for the Green card via incognito. And if you can swing it, the Biz plat. That's next on my list, planning for the end of this month to do the triple dip for the airline credit and pay some taxes in the new year with it. Hoping I can call in and get the $10K/3mo offer. Also, you may not be able to get the Schwab plat while you have the vanilla. I got the Schwab first and was denied the vanilla, boo.

I currently have 8 Amex cards...no pop-up yet but nervous about that! I want another biz card but just not sure what is left so I need to start looking at that. I cannot make the spend on the biz plat! I barely survived 8k back in the spring with a 3k and 5k at the same time lol!!

...and speaking of Best Buy, it looks like "select" Black Friday deals are available online now, including the professional KitchenAid mix for $219 which is a great price for this bigger model. I can't remember who initially posted about wanting a KitchenAid but hopefully this helps someone here. Remember to stack with your Amex offers if you got 'em!

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/kitche...es-stand-mixer-silver/4659801.p?skuId=4659801

Best Buy sent out and email with a “mystery” reward. I got $5, worked on a giftcard though.

Stop and Shop (giant too) starting tomorrow have $20 back on gcs. The ad shows Best Buy and a bunch of others but states “any third party gc”. The $20 is in the form of a coupon and expires the end of the month. Finally a break for us envious non-Kroger peeps!!!

Amex Offer: Best Buy Spend $300 get $30 back.

@SouthFayetteFan Disney card deal maybe? stack with Swagbucks?

Thanks! Definitely stack with Swagbucks in $100/day increments. Add this offer to one of your Amex’s ASAP, as Best Buy is one of the most popular ones and fills up fast.

Just another thank you to everyone for sharing - I have saved sooooo much because of all y'all. I try to remember to check offers etc., but I literally just checked my Amex offers yesterday, so I likely would have missed the new Best Buy one without the heads up! We are planning to get DD a new computer for Christmas, and I had already asked DH to check out prices at Best Buy - this could help a good bit!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!