I love credit cards so much!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Amex Offer: Best Buy Spend $300 get $30 back.

@SouthFayetteFan Disney card deal maybe? stack with Swagbucks?

Is Best Buy one of the places to avoid using for gift cards if working on a minimum spend? I have it on more than one so don’t need to have it on card working on the MSR (SPG Lux). I definitely will get gift cards with it.

:offtopic:For anyone who has a car rental booked with Costco...it may have gone down...the two rentals I have booked...December and March..both went down by about $50 this morning....

Check every day or at least every other. 2 days before my last trip the price went down $80.

Probably a dumb question...
Let's say I have a statement balance of 2,000 and continue to use the card so the balance increases to 5k before the due date and I make a payment before that due date of 1,000. As long as I make another payment of at least 1,000 before the due date, do I avoid the finance charge? Thanks

Is Best Buy one of the places to avoid using for gift cards if working on a minimum spend? I have it on more than one so don’t need to have it on card working on the MSR (SPG Lux). I definitely will get gift cards with it.

Check every day or at least every other. 2 days before my last trip the price went down $80.
agree...I check probably twice a day...

Checking the Amex offers is literally the first thing I do every morning, especially this time of year. I got The BB offer on 4 cards. I also plan to pair with Swagbucks for Disney gift cards. It will be more than I need to finish off gc’s for our Christmas trip coming up mid December. :jumping1:

I will even have to check and see what other cards they have that might be useful.

Probably a dumb question...
Let's say I have a statement balance of 2,000 and continue to use the card so the balance increases to 5k before the due date and I make a payment before that due date of 1,000. As long as I make another payment of at least 1,000 before the due date, do I avoid the finance charge? Thanks
Yes as long as you pay the statement balance before the due date you’ll avoid the finance charges

Thanks! Definitely stack with Swagbucks in $100/day increments. Add this offer to one of your Amex’s ASAP, as Best Buy is one of the most popular ones and fills up fast.

The RMN deal probably has to be all on one transaction, they have before anyway.

Checking the Amex offers is literally the first thing I do every morning, especially this time of year. I got The BB offer on 4 cards. I also plan to pair with Swagbucks for Disney gift cards. It will be more than I need to finish off gc’s for our Christmas trip coming up mid December. :jumping1:

I will even have to check and see what other cards they have that might be useful.

Amex killed the multi-tab, multi-account trick a few months ago and will only let you add an Amex Offer onto one card.

strange happening today on our amex page....(DH's) I went to check his BCE as I do weekly and saw 2 charges from our electric company billed within 2 days...and I have the electricity prepaid for quite a while so.... I did some digging and I haven't ever used that card for electricity...the site is so wonky(amex) it kept erroring out when I requested new cards and marked the charges as fraudulent,so I had to do a chat,where they marked it properly,and then I see in my email that the other request went thru for new cards etc, but my home address is off by one number.... I have no idea whats going on there! (they just sent out cards on this acct a month ago!) anyway I think I've got it taken care of but it's strange that it's these charges, they appear real, but don't show on the elect. company's site..... anyone had this happen like this? (the charges are both around 100 bucks)

Sooooo these new Citi Prestige benefits? I think this card is a keeper (when I get it lol) 5x on Restaurants and 5x on air travel paired with their great trip protection makes this a keeper. The cap on the annual free nights doesn’t bother me that much.

Amex doesn’t get Level 3 days from Best Buy. So you’re probably fine even if you do 3x $100 (to stack with Swagbucks) because Amex RATs won’t know what you’re buying. The even $100 charges might be a little suspicious, but if these transactions are mixed in with a lot of other organic spend, it’s probably not a big deal. (Best Buy allows for split transactions anyway.) I’m trying to remember, but I probably did several $25, $50, and $100 deals at BB&B and BBY on my Amex cards while working on MSR recently.

I’ve been waiting for my prorated SPG AF from upgrading to the LUX and it finally hit. I’m quite pleased overall! Looks like a line for $187.50 and then a line for “adjust membership fee” -$39.58 for a net of $147.92. I gave the precheck credit to my son, used the $300 hotel credit and got the 100k points! Pretty awesome first year value!

And I got the BB offer!

speaking of AU’s...my second son is a senior in high school and I let him charge up to $10 a day for meals because he is so rarely at home at meal times. He always uses that BCP. What would be the advice from y’all on what card might get me more money back on “dining”. Currently the only cards we have that get more back on dining is P2’s IHG Premier and my CSR. I know the CSR has a hefty AU fee so think that’s probably not worth it.

Amex Offer: Best Buy Spend $300 get $30 back.

@SouthFayetteFan Disney card deal maybe? stack with Swagbucks?

I'm surprised, I actually got this on again on the same card, my ED. I used it a couple months ago so I thought I'd never see it again - like the good Amazon ones. Might not use it for anything as fun, the washer has decided to act up too. Personally I'd like to just repair the washer for about half the cost of a new one, since I figured out what's wrong with it, as I feel after replacing the refrigerator the line must be drawn here! no further! But hubby has other ideas...
(PSA: Don't buy a suite of appliances all at once... just means they'll all break down all at once and things don't last as long as they used to. I've replaced or repaired/repairing in the last year half of what I bought and just waiting for the other half to get into the act)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter