I love credit cards so much!

Status
Not open for further replies.
speaking of AU’s...my second son is a senior in high school and I let him charge up to $10 a day for meals because he is so rarely at home at meal times. He always uses that BCP. What would be the advice from y’all on what card might get me more money back on “dining”. Currently the only cards we have that get more back on dining is P2’s IHG Premier and my CSR. I know the CSR has a hefty AU fee so think that’s probably not worth it.
If you just want him to have a card, you can request a replacement CSR. Your current one will still work along with the new one.

I have $7 in Staples rewards. I know T&C say no GCs but anyone have any luck using staples rewards for GCs?

Been wondering the same thing...

I guess I'm kinda glad this Marriott 29 ways game is over. Most days it was more depressing/frustrating than it was fun... I miss NFL trivia...that was awesome!

I like whatever way to get free points :D

Probably a dumb question...
Let's say I have a statement balance of 2,000 and continue to use the card so the balance increases to 5k before the due date and I make a payment before that due date of 1,000. As long as I make another payment of at least 1,000 before the due date, do I avoid the finance charge? Thanks

Yes. The due date is for that statement. The additional charges are now part of the next statement and will have their own due date. As long as you pay the statement balance by the due date for that statement you'll avoid finance charges.

Just be aware that some cards have a limit to how many payments can be made in a certain time frame so don't leave both payments until the last minute. One of my cards would only allow a payment every 6 days (or something weird like that) but others will let you set up a payment every day so I'd just double check your timing works or you may need alternate arrangements. (push a payment or maybe even mail a check o_O)

if it’s your first business card you have to set up a new log in....you can then call to merge business and personal cards if you’d like to
I know I sound stupid right now but I can't figure out a way to make a new sign in for the swa biz card.... I see a chase login page,how do I go about making a whole new account? remember, the online card verify didn't work(had to call in) so how do I do this?

AUs work!
So as long as we can add the offer to all our AU cards, we can still use it multiple times? It would take the offer from the list, if we couldn't use it on each card? I am not using multiple tabs. Just signing on to each of my AU logins on my card.

That’s awesome! Also, I saw a Costco BF deal for a $20 gift card on car rentals booked 11/22 and 23(?) for certain dates with a 4 day minimum.

Thanks...I’ll have to look for that

I pulled out the Costco holiday flyer they were handing out last time:

Receive a $20 Costco cash card while supplies last
  • rent a full-size car or larger (excluding specialty)
  • minimum four-day rental (Saturday night required)
  • valid for rentals 12/1/18-3/31/19 (blackout dates apply)
  • book 11/22/18-11/26/18
  • online bookings only
The blackout dates vary by rental company--it's in the superfine print.

Yes. The due date is for that statement. The additional charges are now part of the next statement and will have their own due date. As long as you pay the statement balance by the due date for that statement you'll avoid finance charges.

Just be aware that some cards have a limit to how many payments can be made in a certain time frame so don't leave both payments until the last minute. One of my cards would only allow a payment every 6 days (or something weird like that) but others will let you set up a payment every day so I'd just double check your timing works or you may need alternate arrangements. (push a payment or maybe even mail a check o_O)
Thanks..do they have these conditions written down somewhere, or do I just have to find out when I attempt to make another payment?

Last edited:
So as long as we can add the offer to all our AU cards, we can still use it multiple times? It would take the offer from the list, if we couldn't use it on each card? I am not using multiple tabs. Just signing on to each of my AU logins on my card.

Yeah. I think offers are tied to SSN now. So you can log in to the primary cardmember, add the offer, then log into each AU and repeat. Adding the offer to the primary cardmember’s card doesn’t remove it from the AU cards. But, if the AU has other Amex’s of their own, adding the offer to the AU card may remove it from the AU’s other cards in their own name, and vice versa.

Was today supposed to be roll out of Chase offers day? I don't see anything in my login. Any updates?

Thanks..do they have these conditions written down somewhere, or do I just have to find out when I attempt to make another payment?

It should say when you go to schedule a payment on your account. I was just in my Discover account and there's a link on the schedule payment page for "Important information for Online payments" and that details what happens to scheduled payments, when you can make them, how many different bank accounts can be used per day, etc etc. For each card issuer, somewhere on that page should be the info or a link to it usually.

Is Best Buy one of the places to avoid using for gift cards if working on a minimum spend? I have it on more than one so don’t need to have it on card working on the MSR (SPG Lux). I definitely will get gift cards with it.

should be fine... just throw in a pack of candy to give it a normal looking number... :]

Sooooo these new Citi Prestige benefits? I think this card is a keeper (when I get it lol) 5x on Restaurants and 5x on air travel paired with their great trip protection makes this a keeper. The cap on the annual free nights doesn’t bother me that much.

To me, it is a keeper, but the most complaint ive read of the card is crappy partners.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!