I love credit cards so much!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Question for the HP/Universal fans: Is Harry Potter World at Universal strictly Harry, or are there elements of the spin-offs like Fantastic Beasts?

I have been resistant to the whole Fantastic Beasts thing but I think I'm getting curious enough to maybe venture into those books/movies, given that I keep hearing how good the current movie is.
The WWoHP is strictly HP for the most part in terms of theming and rides. They may now be selling some souvenirs, especially with the movie and book out. This second movie is where Hogswarts and Dumbledore really played into the storyline. So think pre-Harry Potter. This movie is really the lead for the next movie.

Thanks. I actually do have status because of the Plat, but this is going to be a super quick stay (arrive, sleep, get up, leave) so I'm not sure how much I care about getting anything connected to whatever that status is (gold I think?).
Remember you will not earn Marriott points on the stay when not booking directly.

Thanks. I actually do have status because of the Plat, but this is going to be a super quick stay (arrive, sleep, get up, leave) so I'm not sure how much I care about getting anything connected to whatever that status is (gold I think?).

I think the main perks for gold are basically 25% extra points/$, a welcome points bonus, and "enhanced" internet. If it's going to be a quick visit I'd agree, not much of a benefit.

Not sure if anyone else is having this issue. But I saw my offers once and signed up for some. Then when I go back on the app I don't see them anymore.

Seems very quirky. Not a fan of it being app only. Even with my readers, some of the text is SO small.
I think see the offers when I log in on iPad through Safari. I have to swipe down from the topoff the UR page, tap the little arrow, before it shows this

2B4F03FC-B81E-4C06-B031-05883CC5CBA7.jpeg

Watch playing with the payment date it takes effect like 2 months later it does not change the next months...I think it was @Haley R who had a lot of issues with her Chase points posting
Yes lots of issues indeed. If you aren’t planning on using the points it isn’t too big of a deal but we were trying to get plane tickets and ended up having to go into June instead of May out of lax instead of Chicago. Not ideal situations but we got what we could

Churning fail... or maybe just one of those things where I will learn from my mistakes. Transferred some URs to Marriott, but the room we wanted at the hotel we wanted (which was not available at all, even for cash, at the time we did all of this) is now available through the Chase portal... A much better "deal" so we grabbed it. But sadly now have our URs stuck in our Marriott point stash where they are less flexible. :( Still, concierge room at a much better hotel and location and it's free, so I am not really complaining. Just wishing we hadn't booked the first one when we did I guess.

Got an email from Amex:

We want to let you know that the Cardmember Agreement we sent to you as part of your most recent product change didn't have the correct Annual Membership Fee included. We're sorry for this error and any confusion it may have caused.

The correct Annual Membership Fee is provided below.
Annual Membership Fee $0 for the first year, then $195
Does that mean it won't be the increased fee for the second year after all? I got my Gold card before they did the change over and then I upgraded to the rose gold with the understanding that my second year fee with the higher $250 fee.

Do I have to wait 90 days to complain about an Amex offer that didn't credit? I know that they say it can take that long, but it's always happened within about a week for me and it's been a month since I made the purchase for this one.

Yes lots of issues indeed. If you aren’t planning on using the points it isn’t too big of a deal but we were trying to get plane tickets and ended up having to go into June instead of May out of lax instead of Chicago. Not ideal situations but we got what we could

wasn't that during the UR point debacle?

Question for the HP/Universal fans: Is Harry Potter World at Universal strictly Harry, or are there elements of the spin-offs like Fantastic Beasts?

I have been resistant to the whole Fantastic Beasts thing but I think I'm getting curious enough to maybe venture into those books/movies, given that I keep hearing how good the current movie is.
Haven’t seen the latest but I truly enjoyed the 1st Fantastic Beasts fwiw :)

I went xmas shopping on groupon since there's a code for 25% off today. Got glass blowing for 2 for mom and I. It's something that I've wanted to do for a long time. No idea if she wants to but she's normally up for stuff like that. Only $64 after the extra discount. Then Dude got her a pillow of Buddy https://www.groupon.com/deals/cutout-pillows?deal_option=93d72eb6-0113-4a30-80eb-89c2e39297cf. They are too cute so I of course had to get one of Dude for myself. Hopefully they look as good in person as the photo's. I'd do one of someone's head if I had someone to do it for. Could be hilarious to give someone one of a their crying toddler head or something. Also good for the hard to buy for.

And having google pay with my cfu loaded so I don't have to get up to get a card makes shopping way too easy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!