I love credit cards so much!

Status
Not open for further replies.
That is a tough decision, I can see pros to each plan.

It seems to me that SW Biz is easy to get and CIP is harder, based on what people here report on approvals. (SW Biz is my 3rd Chase Biz as instant approval 10/18, I got the CIP 6/18 as my 2nd after pending approval 2 days...and my 1st Chase Biz is a CIC from 10 years ago.) Many times CIP goes pending, but I see a lot of instant approvals on SW Biz and I would value the 80K UR signup (more flexible than RRs with the option of using as RRs) over the SW Biz (especially since you have the CSR for 1.5x multiplier). I guess if Chase denies you a 3rd biz card, which would you feel better about having in hand? If the MSR is a hump with the CIP, there's always Venmo so that you're not out OOP fees (3% fee balanced by 3UR earning).

That's true about the Venmo for the CIP, I hadn't considered that. I don't know why I think that feels worse than bank funding, like it's the next level of MS where it starts seeming like intent :p
The funny thing is, I think I'd feel worse for getting denied a SW Biz for that same reason, it seems easier to get. If I get denied a CIP I could see it, but a cobrand card, really? But that's a big bonus to pass up on and that is why I started to think about doing the CIP first; just when I thought I had talked myself into the additional MSR for the SW Biz instead of the easy personal one. Oh, I told myself I wouldn't get talked into a 5k spend, but here you all are with logic and enablement :laughing:

So I'm WELL outside Chase's 5/24. I don't go under 5/24 until Nov of this year. I already have a Slate card, but in the mail I just got an offer for a Slate card. Now I've read before if you are targeted (aka sent an offer) that means Chase will likely approve you even if you are outside 5/24. The reason I'm asking is, I was going to PC the Slate to a CF or CFU. I wasn't going to try an apply for either as obv I'm outside 5/24. So why did Chase send me a Slate offer?

Well that's what I get for not reading better and noticing you said the end of March. We will be there 4/12 - 4/20. That's the week before Easter and is our spring break for schools in my area. Our spring break always coincides with Easter, but I'm sure that's because our kids get a whole week off for Mardi Gras which is just a short while before.

That is a really nice time to have spring break! Much less busy than March :)

On the new SW offer, my DS is interested. He currently has the $69. Could he apply for the $99 card and get the bonus, while the $69 card is still open?
I believe he is at 3/24, I will double check and his credit limits. New home purchased in August, 795-800 score. I think he should be good to get it?
Then he could theorectically open PNC and fund $2000 and maybe even a PNC savings for the other $2000?
I thought we could only have one SW personal card now? Isn't that why we are all having to open a biz and a personal for the CP? Or am I totally confused and turned upside down??

So I'm WELL outside Chase's 5/24. I don't go under 5/24 until Nov of this year. I already have a Slate card, but in the mail I just got an offer for a Slate card. Now I've read before if you are targeted (aka sent an offer) that means Chase will likely approve you even if you are outside 5/24. The reason I'm asking is, I was going to PC the Slate to a CF or CFU. I wasn't going to try an apply for either as obv I'm outside 5/24. So why did Chase send me a Slate offer?

they probably dont know ur over 5/24. its not until u apply when they realize ur over 5/24.
i had a friend who had a CIP offer but was denied for 5/24.

For those with kids... this person on DoC claims his twin 19yo got CIPs with $5k limits each in Nov https://www.doctorofcredit.com/chas...-af-waived-publicly-available/#comment-704444 He has carefully cultivated their credit for some time it looks like. Idk the details or if this is remotely a good idea but I found the DP itself intriguing.

That is so interesting! It's pretty much my goal with my teens to get their credit 'groomed' for cards as soon as possible. It's working nicely with dd18 so far. I waited about 6 mos between the Discover and the CFU app. I plan to give it 4-5 mos and then hit up Chase again for her. I would never have thought to go for a CIP though!

its still possible to get 2 personal cards... but u will still be 10k short.
Yeah, I realized the 10k short as well but for some reason I was thinking Chase put a rule for only one SW personal card in place.

On the new SW offer, my DS is interested. He currently has the $69. Could he apply for the $99 card and get the bonus, while the $69 card is still open?
I believe he is at 3/24, I will double check and his credit limits. New home purchased in August, 795-800 score. I think he should be good to get it?
Then he could theorectically open PNC and fund $2000 and maybe even a PNC savings for the other $2000?

Not while he has the card open, they changed the application language to say "the product" is not available to current card members of any SW card (personal) or previous card members who earned the bonus in the last 24 months. So if he earned the bonus more than 24 months ago, he'd just have to close his current card to get a new one; but he'd be able to do the $69 one again.

ETA: reread my reply and realized I missed the word "personal" when talking about any SW card. the business card is the exception.

Last edited:
Not while he has the card open, they changed the application language to say "the product" is not available to current card members of any SW card or previous card members who earned the bonus in the last 24 months. So if he earned the bonus more than 24 months ago, he'd just have to close his current card to get a new one; but he'd be able to do the $69 one again.

How long should you wait after you close to reapply?

I think the problem is gonna be I’ll be so caught up in other stuff I might forget what she looks like but I’ll try lol
It will actually be all 4 of us. Maybe this makes it easier to spot us.
YIDxKZ1.jpg

Thank you, that was my next question.
Asking for my aunt cause she is interested in this SW offer but currently has a SW plus that she can close and reapply.

ETA: that sounded weird...like it was my question only lol!...glad you need this info too :D

Staples usually carries $50 Disney GCs in store.

Alternatively, you can do as @amalone1013 suggested, and use the Staples 10% back Amex Offer to take advantage of Staple’s fee-free $200 VGC deal that starts this Sunday, then run those VGCs over to Best Buy to buy Disney Gift Cards, and scanning Swagbucks, $100 per day to maximize a SB return worth $9.50, plus whatever Best Buy rewards depending on your Elite status. Effectively up to ~20% off Disney if you’re comfortable buying VGCs from Staples with your Amex.
I think I might do this but sams club. I can order disney GC with the visas from the comfort of my sofa and they still get me an extra discount. No problem with this plan right?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter