I love credit cards so much!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Got it (I was thinking you meant on the initial gc purchase). I haven't done that in store before, but had made a mental note to figure that out before my next BB purchase. You used Ibotta last time, right?
I usually use ibotta for Disney gift card purchases. I did the swagbucks deal last week, but not for a Disney gift card. Someone on the swagbucks thread said they had done it successfully with a Disney gift card so I’m just curious.

So for portal cash back purposes, is the purchase from Best Buy or Cashstar? If Cashstar, I don't see any portal cash back available for that. I've never done this particular promo before though. Is anyone able to get portal cash back???

This deal is processed through CashStar. So it won’t trigger any Best Buy portal rewards, and it also won’t qualify for Amex Offers for Best Buy when this deal coincides. I think the best you can do at this step is to earn My Best Buy Rewards and credit card points.

I usually use ibotta for Disney gift card purchases. I did the swagbucks deal last week, but not for a Disney gift card. Someone on the swagbucks thread said they had done it successfully with a Disney gift card so I’m just curious.

I'm curious too. I'm trying to calculate a savings percentage just to figure out if Kroger 4x is still the best option for me. Its hard to beat the gas savings at Kroger - esp if you consider that BB could at any time pull the plug on gc to gc transactions.

Okay, so I did the cash star deal (first time) since I'm very close to finishing my minimum spend on my CIP and very close to paying off our Alaska cruise. But I think I got the promotional code emailed to me right away. It has a serial number and pin and expires 3/31. Does this make sense? I thought there was a delay.

I'm curious too. I'm trying to calculate a savings percentage just to figure out if Kroger 4x is still the best option for me. Its hard to beat the gas savings at Kroger - esp if you consider that BB could at any time pull the plug on gc to gc transactions.
If this works, it's better for me since I only use 20 gallons of gas. But if I got stuck with $150 in BB gift cards, I'd just buy smart bulbs which I'm wanting to buy anyway so it wouldn't be the end of the world.

Okay, so I did the cash star deal (first time) since I'm very close to finishing my minimum spend on my CIP and very close to paying off our Alaska cruise. But I think I got the promotional code emailed to me right away. It has a serial number and pin and expires 3/31. Does this make sense? I thought there was a delay.

Sounds like the savings code, it's supposed to be delayed until 3/18. Maybe there was a programing glitch. I looked at mine from last summer it was 16 digit savings code and 4 digit pin. Now the question would be if it works right away or you have to hold it until 3/18.

Sounds like the savings code, it's supposed to be delayed until 3/18. Maybe there was a programing glitch. I looked at mine from last summer it was 16 digit savings code and 4 digit pin. Now the question would be if it works right away or you have to hold it until 3/18.
Yep. 16 digit code with 4 digit pin. I’ll give it a shot.

Called the automated line this morning and got the dreaded 7-10 days on my CIP application. So frustrating. I have a real business (rental). Got denied earlier this year too and had unsuccessful recon then. I think I'll wait until I get the official no before I call.

I’m so sorry! Yes, at this point it might be best to wait for the denial letter to see the reason.

I received my promo GC right away as well. I checked the balance of it on the BB site and it does have the $15 on it so appears valid and ready. My sister also did the deal and is going to go try to flip hers to Disney today.

This is not normal, it doesn't usually come until the specified date so if it does work I just consider us all lucky.

Well, in another moment of lunacy, I used an incognito mode and Amex Premier Gold came up with 50,000 MR for $2000 spend. Since we all know about my love affair with MRs...I now have 2 Amex spends going :crazy:.

Fortunately we're going on a last minute one night trip to NYC so that will add to the SPG spend and DH approved our 2019 trip to Australia/NZ so figure that deposit will be covered with the new Amex card when it comes.

Finally, used my Delta Reserve companion ticket for the fare to NYC (this is for DD to visit a school) and used the last little bit of my R-C air travel to upgrade one leg (keeping my fingers crossed we'll get lucky on the other 3).

So a pretty good day in my little travel hacking world :)

We are in London right now and just tried Norwegian for the first time. We had a *great* flight and really liked their premium class. The seats weren't lie flat, but they reclined a ton--more than typical premium economy. The service was the best I've had on any plane in a long time. I wouldn't hesitate to use them again, especially given their cheap fares and ability to book one-way. The only issue is luggage. They have a 40lb limit in checked bags and a combined weight limit for carryons. Weigh very carefully at home as even premium class bags were weighed and tagged. My husband was really impressed with the dreamliner and commented that he felt much more refreshed than usual. Dreamliner's apparently use fresh air rather than recirculated, it's humidified differently and cabin pressure is lower than normal. Guy knowledge :)
Thank you for sharing this. I’ve been considering booking with Norwegian if I can have a Chase agent make the reservation using UR points via my CSR, but I’ve hesitated because it’s a “low cost carrier”. Knowing how much you liked premium class has made me less nervous.

Still catching up on tons of posts after being away from the Dis for about a week. DH and I flew out for a really fun first trip to Vegas last Friday. We returned on Tuesday and I headed to urgent care to address what I thought was a sinus infection and possibly respiratory infection. However, to my surprise, I tested positive for the flu. It definitely kicked my butt and I'm just now getting to where I can get out of bed for more than a few hours.
Take care of yourself! The severity of this year’s flu has got me really freaked out about catching it!
yeah.... pets.:sick: this last trip has my DH reading the pet insurance brochure from the vets office.....:teacher:
I met my SPG Personal min spend in one shot paying for my cat’s cancer surgery. He sadly passed shortly after, which was devastating, and came on the heels of our other cat passing from a costly battle with kidney disease. We had just adopted two kittens, and after going through what we did with our sick boys, we decided to get pet insurance for the first time ever. One of these kittens is a chewer and tries to eat all kinds of things she shouldn’t, so I have the dreaded feeling that the insurance is going to be put to good use sooner or later. It’s a good thing she’s adorable.

Called the automated line this morning and got the dreaded 7-10 days on my CIP application. So frustrating. I have a real business (rental). Got denied earlier this year too and had unsuccessful recon then. I think I'll wait until I get the official no before I call.

Really need a 'giving support' button, just so you know we're pulling for you but I don't think a "like" really conveys the same thing in this situation. It's so weird to see a real business get denied but so many "businesses" get through.

You’d SM Chase to send you an envelope to mail your metal card back to them for destruction.

Probably easier but not as much fun as a flat head screw driver and a pair of pliers. Stripped the plastic off so all the info is gone now. Will keep it in mind when they expire in a couple years (hopefully), thanks!

Will the Amex business card show up on my regular Amex page? It's not there yet (got approved yesterday).

Thank you for sharing this. I’ve been considering booking with Norwegian if I can have a Chase agent make the reservation using UR points via my CSR, but I’ve hesitated because it’s a “low cost carrier”. Knowing how much you liked premium class has made me less nervous.
I was nervous, too--I've never flown a low cost carrier. Maybe low expectations helped, but we really had a nice experience. I'd be interested to know if Chase can book them with UR's so definitely circle back on that.

I’m really sorry. I’m interested to hear the reason. Why did they deny you earlier this year?

I was nervous, too--I've never flown a low cost carrier. Maybe low expectations helped, but we really had a nice experience. I'd be interested to know if Chase can book them with UR's so definitely circle back on that.
I’ve seen that they can book economy over the phone, but I’m not sure about premium. I don’t see why they wouldn’t be able to if you feed them the flight details. They’re just an online travel agency. But I haven’t read any reports specifically about premium.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter