I love credit cards so much!

Status
Not open for further replies.
X post from the gift card thread: Did the best buy deal. Tested 1 and went to store and came back with $165 in Disney. Came home & bought two more. Had another fam member create and account and buy 1, gift card and code came through immediately. Had them buy another- but this hasn't come through yet. Last one processed at 1:25pm, confirmation for #2 came through at 1:30 and nothing since.

Anyone bought and received best buy gift cards since 1:30pm PST?

ETA: CAME THROUGH! Still good, code and gift card just got delayed 15 mins on #2.

Does anyone here have the Capital Venture card? or VentureOne? Really thinking about going for the Venture now that they have the 10x hotels.com deal, but interested in hearing more views about it. I would only do it after finishing out my 5/24 slots.

Since I know a few people here have bought Costco Cash cards with Discover, etc... how long does it usually take to come?

Also, I think DH had an AMEX Platinum 100k offer in the mail yesterday... :scratchin

I have ordered two at different times and both times 2 weeks. I also ordered a restaurant gift card and that came within a week. Other annoying thing about the Costco Cash Cards is you have to activate them! I actually just got back from there and in a moment of absolute dumbness put the card in my wallet to activate later. Of course then I forgot about it and didn’t activate it. FYI their system won’t take them unless activated...they aren’t just saying need to activate.

On the plus side I have just used the Discover this quarter for Costco cards and gas and my statement closed yesterday and I made $25. That made it a little more worth it. Discover is my longest lasting card that I am actually starting to use. Apparently I needed one more card to carry around...

1. Transferring your DH's points to your RR account will not count towards CP.
2. What order did you apply for the business and personal cards? In order to even to potentially qualify for the business, you need to be 0/30 (0 apps in 30 days) and under 5/24. So you needed to have the business card approved first then applied for the personal card.
3. Since it has been over 2 years since you received your bonus for the Premier, you can close it and get that bonus again. Before closing it, you may want to move the credit to another Chase card so you will have that credit available to move around, if needed. I would wait a month, although you can probably wait less time, to reapply for the Premier. What you don't want is for them to just re-open your former account.
Thank you!
I applied for them both on the same day. I did the same for my husband and he actually got approved for both so I figured I was good. Guess not. Ugh.

I’m closing my Premier and will try again.
Thank you!

Does anyone here have the Capital Venture card? or VentureOne? Really thinking about going for the Venture now that they have the 10x hotels.com deal, but interested in hearing more views about it. I would only do it after finishing out my 5/24 slots.

I got it two years ago and just downgraded to a no fee Quicksilver. I think it was fine...no problem “erasing” charges for tickets etc. It is a hard pull on all three credit bureaus so just be aware of that. There app and website is pretty easy, and calling in to downgrade was problem free and easier than other cards I have had (talking to you Amex).

Question about balance transfers for you experts.
I have two cards with large balances I’m about to pay off. One is a Chase Freedom and one is an SPG Amex. There is almost $15k on both.

Before I pay them off I was thinking of transferring the balances to other cards in order to get the points for different things. For example, I was going to transfer my Amex balance to my Chase SW In order to get the Rapid Rewards miles. Then I was going to transfer my Chase Freedom balance to the Amex to get 15000 SPG points. Then I’d transfer from my Amex to my Chase SW card as well for another 15000 miles.

My question for you experts- is transferring these balances a bunch of times allowed? Is it the smartest thing to do?
What’s the best way to maximize this before I pay them off?

Any suggestions from you all is welcome and appreciated!

Will the Amex business card show up on my regular Amex page? It's not there yet (got approved yesterday).

I recall having to open another login for the business account, then having Amex CSR merge them together.

Question about balance transfers for you experts.
I have two cards with large balances I’m about to pay off. One is a Chase Freedom and one is an SPG Amex. There is almost $15k on both.

Before I pay them off I was thinking of transferring the balances to other cards in order to get the points for different things. For example, I was going to transfer my Amex balance to my Chase SW In order to get the Rapid Rewards miles. Then I was going to transfer my Chase Freedom balance to the Amex to get 15000 SPG points. Then I’d transfer from my Amex to my Chase SW card as well for another 15000 miles.

My question for you experts- is transferring these balances a bunch of times allowed? Is it the smartest thing to do?
What’s the best way to maximize this before I pay them off?

Any suggestions from you all is welcome and appreciated!

you don't get points for balance transfers. the only way to transfer balance to receive points is one of the several MS routes. but they aren't for sure to work in your favor. you will lose at least 1.1% + time + gas.

@Lain thanks for the deal write-up!! I had never done the BB deal before, but when reports started coming in about instant codes going out I jumped. Tested it first, my BB had no issue taking gift cards and promo codes for Disney cards so then we went all out. 2 of us used different BB accounts and different CIPs (idk if the different credit card part was necessary but we didn't want issues) and we're almost stocked up now on what we need for our DLR trip next month! $90 made today plus whatever we get back on the CIP and BB rewards :D

Will the Amex business card show up on my regular Amex page? It's not there yet (got approved yesterday).
It doesn't show anything until you get the card & activate it. I got my SPG Biz yesterday When I went to the site listed to activate, it asked me to log in (although there is an option to set up a new login) Once I logged in it asked me for the new card number. The site is a bit glitchy though. At times I could see only the 2 cards I previously had, no biz card. Then after navigating away and back, the biz card reappeared. Weird.

Thank you!
you don't get points for balance transfers. the only way to transfer balance to receive points is one of the several MS routes. but they aren't for sure to work in your favor. you will lose at least 1.1% + time + gas.
Sorry- looking to see what MS is, but I just can’t find it. What is MS?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter