I love credit cards so much!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you!
I applied for them both on the same day. I did the same for my husband and he actually got approved for both so I figured I was good. Guess not. Ugh.

I’m closing my Premier and will try again.
Thank you!
Typically, the advice is to wait for the biz card to be approved before you apply for the personal.

Thank you!

Sorry- looking to see what MS is, but I just can’t find it. What is MS?

sorry, i always forget to NOT use acronyms... MS does mean Manufacture spendings. It means where you sorta fake your spendings, turn it around to pay it off. Banks don't like it. The way for you to balance transfer is to basically charge the new card and buy vgc, then load the money back into a bank account or money order, then use that to pay off your credit card bill. There is a lot of risk in between though.

I need to stop falling for the SEA-MCO Delta redeye. Apparently 8 1/2 months is the sweet spot to change this from a non stop to a connection in ATL because this is the 2nd time I've had it happen for essentially the same Thursday Nov flight. I hate connections but I hate daytime flights east more so I'm stuck because they were the only one's offering the ns. Alaska only offers it on Fri and Sat.

Really need a 'giving support' button, just so you know we're pulling for you but I don't think a "like" really conveys the same thing in this situation. It's so weird to see a real business get denied but so many "businesses" get through.
Thanks for the support. I went 4/24 last month. Haven’t opened a card since 5/2017. Credit score over 800. I don’t get it. We’ll see what they say once I get the letter. When they rejected me last year, it was because my business was too new ( < 1 year). Now I’m at 2 years, $20 K in revenue. Makes me mad when I hear about the little etsy businesses or what not that get approved. Thanks for letting me vent.

I need to stop falling for the SEA-MCO Delta redeye. Apparently 8 1/2 months is the sweet spot to change this from a non stop to a connection in ATL because this is the 2nd time I've had it happen for essentially the same Thursday Nov flight. I hate connections but I hate daytime flights east more so I'm stuck because they were the only one's offering the ns. Alaska only offers it on Fri and Sat.
Delta totally stinks with things like that. They did that with our return flight from London last year. Yeah, no, I don’t want a connecting flight instead of the direct flight I paid for. They have also cancelled my flights on my last two Orlando trips so we have to redo everything.

Thanks for the support. I went 4/24 last month. Haven’t opened a card since 5/2017. Credit score over 800. I don’t get it. We’ll see what they say once I get the letter. When they rejected me last year, it was because my business was too new ( < 1 year). Now I’m at 2 years, $20 K in revenue. Makes me mad when I hear about the little etsy businesses or what not that get approved. Thanks for letting me vent.

That would make me mad too. Feel free to vent here even though a bunch of us are those little "businesses" that get approved so easily. Your anger and frustration is justified, imo.

Delta totally stinks with things like that. They did that with our return flight from London last year. Yeah, no, I don’t want a connecting flight instead of the direct flight I paid for. They have also cancelled my flights on my last two Orlando trips so we have to redo everything.

That sucks. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that they don't mess with the flight times like they did two years ago. I barely have a legal connection in ATL and I'd like to keep it that way so they don't bump me to a later flight. It wouldn't bother me as much but I was supposed to be at MCO before 8am and now it's after, which isn't a huge deal, until they bump me to the flight that arrives after 9am. I'm planning to run wine & dine but my friend isn't. She's flying in from DC so I was hoping to get the expo and stuff done before lunch to make it easier.

It's just inexplicable to me. You've got excellent personal credit score, sizable revenue (not that it matters, because people have been approved with $5 revenue), years in business (again, people have been approved at 1 year). I wonder if you might have miscounted your 5/24. I also wonder if selecting "real estate rental and leasing" as your business increases the scrutiny and changes the calculus. In which case, start up an eBay business, select "retail: books, hobbies, music, sports, general, non store retail" > "electronic shopping and mail-order" > "electronic shopping" and apply as a "business" like the rest of us!

It's just inexplicable to me. You've got excellent personal credit score, sizable revenue (not that it matters, because people have been approved with $5 revenue), years in business (again, people have been approved at 1 year). I wonder if you might have miscounted your 5/24. I also wonder if selecting "real estate rental and leasing" as your business increases the scrutiny and changes the calculus. In which case, start up an eBay business, select "retail: books, hobbies, music, sports, general, non store retail" > "electronic shopping and mail-order" > "electronic shopping" and apply as a "business" like the rest of us!
I'll probably hold off and wait until I try for the SW business late this year. Then the creativity will come out. ;)
I checked my credit report...definitely 4/24 since the end of January. Who knows!

Travel hacking weekend update: Decided it was high time we do Dapper Days and figured we might as well do it on both coasts. Got Grand California rooms at DLR booked with DVC points for 4/20-23 and used 2 free night Marriott certificates for the WDW stay 4/27-29. Finally found a use for the Delta Sky Pesos and booked our RT flights and even found lie flat seats which was an unexpected surprise. I will see if I can find some Etsy GCs at Staples or OD and then get a cute Dapper Day outfit for 5x plus a shopping portal bonus. Looking forward to this unexpected getaway.

Travel hacking weekend update: Decided it was high time we do Dapper Days and figured we might as well do it on both coasts. Got Grand California rooms at DLR booked with DVC points for 4/20-23 and used 2 free night Marriott certificates for the WDW stay 4/27-29. Finally found a use for the Delta Sky Pesos and booked our RT flights and even found lie flat seats which was an unexpected surprise. I will see if I can find some Etsy GCs at Staples or OD and then get a cute Dapper Day outfit for 5x plus a shopping portal bonus. Looking forward to this unexpected getaway.

So cool! Love Dapper Days!

Isn’t the GC almost impossible to book with DVC unless it’s your home resort?

Check your Amex Offers for $10 statement credit on a $40 purchase at Etsy. It’s targeted but was on a few of my cards; good through 3/22/18.

I've only done Dapper Day at DL, but it was an absolute blast!! I know you didn't ask but FWIW, crowds the days around Dapper Day were normal, Dapper Day itself was insane- but I still loved it. Just don't plan on doing much in the way of rides that day, instead spend the time people watching. The best thing we did was make a reservation for 11:30am (opening) at Cafe Orleans for lunch and request to sit by the rail. We had an idea view for people watching which is what Dapper Days is best for! (We also made a dinner reservation somewhere- idk where- which I was happy for because the crowds completely overwhelmed me by nighttime. If I did it again I would try for dinner at Carthay because in my head the Dapper Day outfits could really add to the atmosphere.)

Hurray! Maybe I'll see you there! We'll be at the Grand too and I've read there are often Dis meetups for Dapper Days. Keep an eye on the Disneyland board. I'm thinking of doing a Dapper Disneybound of Tinkerbell or the Tiki Room. So fun!

I've only done Dapper Day at DL, but it was an absolute blast!! I know you didn't ask but FWIW, crowds the days around Dapper Day were normal, Dapper Day itself was insane- but I still loved it. Just don't plan on doing much in the way of rides that day, instead spend the time people watching. The best thing we did was make a reservation for 11:30am (opening) at Cafe Orleans for lunch and request to sit by the rail. We had an idea view for people watching which is what Dapper Days is best for! (We also made a dinner reservation somewhere- idk where- which I was happy for because the crowds completely overwhelmed me by nighttime. If I did it again I would try for dinner at Carthay because in my head the Dapper Day outfits could really add to the atmosphere.)
Excellent ideas! I can't wait to take it all in! And maybe run into @calypso726!

I'll probably hold off and wait until I try for the SW business late this year. Then the creativity will come out. ;)
I checked my credit report...definitely 4/24 since the end of January. Who knows!

Do you have any other Chase business cards? Wondering if that could be a factor? I agree maybe they give more scrutiny to real estate. My husband has a legitimate side business he is starting up but it is not easily quantified. They approved him without issue and I don’t even think they know exactly what it is.

So cool! Love Dapper Days!

Isn’t the GC almost impossible to book with DVC unless it’s your home resort?

Check your Amex Offers for $10 statement credit on a $40 purchase at Etsy. It’s targeted but was on a few of my cards; good through 3/22/18.

Perfect! Thanks for the reminder. I had added it on my Amex cards but forgot until you mentioned it.

Yes, GC is near impossible to book. There were no DVC rooms available. I had booked MiraCosta in Tokyo Disney Sea with DVC points as a back up reservation in case I wasn’t able to get the Harbor View rooms for this June. Once we secured Harbor View rooms I cancelled the DVC point reservation. Those points go into reservation status and can only be used on either DCL, ABD or any of the Disney hotels, but not DVC resorts. So we are on the hotel side of things at Grand California. I had enough points for 2 rooms so we decided to spread some pixie dust and asked some of our Disney cruise friends to come too and got them a room. DH won’t fly economy so they get to use our Alaska Air companion pass too.

Thanks for the tips! I think we will follow your advice. I was already planning to see if I could get a WoC dinner package at Carthay. I will add lunch at Cafe Orleans too.

Hurray! Maybe I'll see you there! We'll be at the Grand too and I've read there are often Dis meetups for Dapper Days. Keep an eye on the Disneyland board. I'm thinking of doing a Dapper Disneybound of Tinkerbell or the Tiki Room. So fun!

Oh that would be cool if we see you! Love the Dapper Disneybound ideas you have. DH is doing a Dapper Disneybound of Ana. He already had the outfit from when we were Disneybounding Ana and Elsa on the Norway DCL cruise a couple of years ago. I have no idea what I’m going to wear yet. I’m sure I’ll figure nd something! I’m leaning towards a Merida Disneybound if I find the right outfit.

In which case, start up an eBay business, select "retail: books, hobbies, music, sports, general, non store retail" > "electronic shopping and mail-order" > "electronic shopping" and apply as a "business" like the rest of us!

Lol oops, that's not what I did for DH's ebay business when I applied last night... I think I did the used merchandise selection or something like that. Got the 30 day message so I'll be calling periodically (read: every couple hours:rotfl2:) this week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter