I love credit cards so much!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Look at me - I'm all millenial awesome guy now...just setup Apple Pay on 2 devices, wife sent me $1,456.31 plus fee = $1,500 maxed out 5% Freedom category! Will do it the opposite way in a few days, just want to see the charge post and withdraw the money to my account. I'm sure it will work but that's my general paranoia - I have to see it to believe it, haha!
Dude you ARE a millennial. Me, I’m old and a little tech challenged, but still like Apple Pay. Though I did max out my cards organically.

Look at you go. You are so hip now lol! If I knew how to post a screenshot of my freedom and mark out sensitive info, I’d show you how my Apple Pay to dh coded 5x. Kind of fun earning 5x that way. Made me wish I had more freedoms!
I'm considering trying to PC my CFU to a CF...so we can hit the paypal 3 times next quarter, lol. I could even PC wife's CFU too and have 4 CFs hahaha!

Dude you ARE a millennial. Me, I’m old and a little tech challenged, but still like Apple Pay. Though I did max out my cards organically.
Yea, but I don't feel very connected to the millenials, haha. I think I have an old soul - and it might be true considering a bunch of people here thought I was an old retired guy, haha!

Look at me - I'm all millenial awesome guy now...just setup Apple Pay on 2 devices, wife sent me $1,456.31 plus fee = $1,500 maxed out 5% Freedom category! Will do it the opposite way in a few days, just want to see the charge post and withdraw the money to my account. I'm sure it will work but that's my general paranoia - I have to see it to believe it, haha!
Imagine taking it one step further. Apple Watch with Apple Pay. Finally setup mine and its crazy to pay with your wrist! Kind of like Magic Bands in WDW.

I'm trying to update my Chase referral links, but every time I try to access my CSP or CF links it tells me that I've already got another session open and to close on window?? I don't know what it's talking about. Got DH's CIP posted, I guess I'll try later to edit my comment and add my other links.

Thanks for asking, I kept getting this the other day in Chrome. It worked in FF but makes me glad to hear others have had the same issue. It's not just me!

Someone on the gift card thread posted the same thing, couldn’t use target gift card to buy Disney gift cards.

Oh no. This would make me very sad.

I'm considering trying to PC my CFU to a CF...so we can hit the paypal 3 times next quarter, lol. I could even PC wife's CFU too and have 4 CFs hahaha!

After I posted that to you saying this was such a fun way to earn 5x and made me want more CF's, I began to think about whether I should PC my CFU to a CF. As I have said many times here lately, I really don't use the CFU.

Well I decided to go ahead and downgrade my Hilton Ascend to the no fee version. Did it over chat, took less than 3 minutes. I do love Amex.

I'll be killing DH's green card as soon as the fee hits, too (next month). He's got a no fee Everyday to keep his MR points safe for now.

My Amex Plat will go away in May. So that's $550 + $95 + $95 gone. Or as I like to think of it, $740 freed up for new card fees, ha.

Do you think I could downgrade my Hilton to the no fee, when I already have the no fee?

After I posted that to you saying this was such a fun way to earn 5x and made me want more CF's, I began to think about whether I should PC my CFU to a CF. As I have said many times here lately, I really don't use the CFU.

SM'ed Chase to ask if I can PC the CFU to a CF. Should have done this as soon as I realized I wasn't going to use the CFU much.

Target is a tough store card because they went MasterCard on some a couple years back making it a card you can use anywhere. You could HUCA and straight up say you think you were denied for having too many recent cards but one of those is just a store card so could they reconsider without that card? If they too say no just move on and wait them out. You will be good to go come May but a rep isn’t really allowed to tell you that.

Why though. I thought store cards count against Chase's 5/24...?

Headed to Disneyland for Easter/ Spring Break next year! So excited. I was able to find points plus cash availability for our stay at the Hyatt House at Anaheim Resort which gave me an off the charts redemption value. Rates are $558 per night for our dates and I was able to book it for 6,000 points plus $75 per day. Free breakfast and walk to Disneyland equals major score.

Sweet! Hey, awesome millenial guy, this Gen X girl here would not have a Twitter or Insta account, nor learned how to do mobile payments if not for travel hacking. I still only use them when there is a bonus, contest or something like that. Otherwise it's all FB for me. I know some of you here have seen posts of my themed nail art on the ABD forum and I think I posted here when we went to London to see the HP play and was sporting HP themed nails. Well, not long ago my nail tech, a very talented nail art millenial , tagged me on Insta with all of her Disney nail art photos that she's done and those she was inspired by from other nail techs. I had no idea because I rarely use Instagram. She told me she did it because she wanted an easy place to find all the photos quickly and she knows I never use it and figured I wouldn't mind :laughing: Your post made me think of that.

Look at you go. You are so hip now lol! If I knew how to post a screenshot of my freedom and mark out sensitive info, I’d show you how my Apple Pay to dh coded 5x. Kind of fun earning 5x that way. Made me wish I had more freedoms!

Ok, here is what I do from my desktop computer. I hit the "print screen" button on the keyboard. Then I open up Paint. Then I hit the Ctrl and V buttons on the keyboard to paste the print screen shot. In the "home" tab of Paint, I click the eraser tool and then just use the cursor to erase sensitive info. Hope that helps :flower3:

Neither do I since I put all my non category spending on the SPG and I knew I wouldn't likely max out 2 Freedoms consistently. I'm keeping the CFU as a backup for non category spend in case a Doom's Day scenario hits the SPG transfer options once the merger is complete. Without the ability to transfer to over 30 airlines and that 5,000 miles kicker for every 20,000 points transferred, the card would be useless to me. In that scenario, I'd switch to CFU for all non category spend.

Well guys... it’s happened. I made enough with our wily ways here that I’ve covered our WDW hotel costs for a BC-Poly stay for F&W and the airfare dropped today which we covered with skypesos sealing the deal! (Actually got a decent redemption on them on our extra-legroom seats I feel, decent for us at least :) ) WDW here we come!!!!!

WooHoo!!! Congrats! We will be at BC and F&W this year every weekend from the last weekend of September until the second weekend in November. Would love to say :wave2: in real life if your time and plans permit. Same goes for any of the DISchurners that are in WDW while we are there.

Last edited:

Yea, but I don't feel very connected to the millenials, haha. I think I have an old soul - and it might be true considering a bunch of people here thought I was an old retired guy, haha!

It was your knowledge base, kindness and patience that made you seem old beyond your years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter