• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

I LOVE the new check-in policy at the CG!

We were able to sneak a peak last August in the afternoon ... the restaurant was closed for a private party. I have great pics.

This is the one restaurant that I just have not made it to (and regret that I have not been). We always end up changing our plans. Perhaps in October when my mother-in-law comes we will make it - she can take care of DD and DH and I will go.

Originally posted by WEDWDW
It seems like the way to make the most people happy would be to open up the observation decks to all guests from 9am-3pm.The decks could then be closed to all but CG guests when it opens at 5pm.The view from the decks is breathtaking and a special part of WDW.This seems like the best solution to me.What do you think?:D :earsboy:

I think it's an EXCELLENT idea!

Anne

We will be going there on July 23rd. Looking forward to seeing the fireworks from up there!:Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc

I think this idea was a good one, but I agree that it would be nice if the observation deck was open during the day.

I was thrilled about the new check-in policy and I'm really glad that it seems to be working. We always dine at CG - it's one of the highpoints of our trips. We don't always coordinate our meal w/ the fireworks. The times that we have eaten w/o fireworks, we noticed the more pleasant atmosphere. I don't agree that the restaurant should suffer so everyone can view the fireworks from the deck. CG is a great experience and I hope the new policy keeps it that way!

My DH and I have been avoiding CG because of the crowd problem for the fireworks. IMO, the CG management made the right choice. Viewing options for the fireworks are pleantiful elsewhere.

This will definately now be added to my PS list for November. I'm anxious to view Wishes from there.

When we were there last Oct in was the first nite of MNSSHP, so they had fireworks but it was not crowded. Our server said alot of people do not know that there was fireworks that nite, we had a great table with great views.

I also think they made the right choice.

Kae

I for one am sooooo glad that they finally did something here. That little tiny bar area would be packed, people would be sitting on couches eating full meals off of a coffee table, people standing against the wall waiting, people sitting at tables stalling to see the fireworks....it was insane. And then right before and after fireworks a steady stream of people would traipse through restuarant to and fro the observation deck. We were there in September and it was so loud that you couldn't even hear the music for the fireworks. There were way too many convention-types at the bar and they were pounding. I can't wait to go back now!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter