• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

I love this Disney Netbook!!!

I have the TRU model (solid-state memory as opposed to HD)

not a huge fan of the trackpad or the screen resolution (or lack thereof), but otherwise it's pretty good

I have a similar sized Eee, but with a solid state drive (the 900A). It's a very nice secondary computer, and it is the one we're taking to Disney next week. If something happens to it, I'm only out $250 or so (that's all I have in it- got a good deal on Woot) as opposed to our larger more expensive notebooks.

The screen and keyboard are too small to be primary computers, but with external ones you could use it as one (so long as you have modest expectations of its performance).

Buy an external USB mouse then do what we do - use it almost exclusively for web browsing. We have a couple of games on it as well.

I have the Acer with XP and the 160gb hdd. I love it and use it every day in my work.

I am a field engineer during the day and it beats lugging around the full size laptop. If you change the default screen resolution you can scroll around on pages that might not show up completely with the default screen size.

the resolution is 1024x600 at max. it does emulate 1024x768 by allowing you to either scroll the virtual screen or compress it to fit on the screen (although it will be distorted and missing pixels to accommodate) but I have found neither to really be that satisfactory. even 1024x768 isn't all that impressive.

Actually, mine will do much more than those resolutions. I set it for 1280x768 or 1280x1024 and while it is not optimal, it works. Mine will scroll up and down or side to side to view the screen at those resolutions with no distortion or pixel loss.

You are right that it is not for everybody but it's a good workaround for the advantages that that a small netbook birngs to the table.

My Netpal does not have those options, at least not with the video driver that came installed.

I'm not crazy about scrolling anyway though

Since this thread isn't about Walt Disney World theme parks attractions or strategies, I've moved it to the Theme Parks Community board. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter