"I Love You"

disneychrista

DIS Veteran
How long did it take you / your SO to say "I love you" to each other?

Watching TV and I realize characters seem to jump to "I Love You" very quickly. Yes I know it is TV and not reality but it got me thinking.

My last relationship was about 8 months before I told him that I was in love with him and the reaction I got was him asking "why?" That relationship ended a month or so later. New relationship (4 months or so), I'm not there yet. I am kinda "gun shy" on it after the last relationship.

DH and I were best friends before we started dating. The "i love yous" happened very early on in the relationship. Maybe a week or two after we were actually a couple? Today is our 13th anniversary.

DH and I were best friends before we started dating. The "i love yous" happened very early on in the relationship. Maybe a week or two after we were actually a couple? Today is our 13th anniversary.
Congratulations on lucky 13!

My current and I started out as acquaintances, then friends and now more than friends. So we'll see where it ends up.

I really don't remember how long it took for me to tell DH I loved him. The first time he told me I laughed at him. :sad2: It had been a little over a month. I thought it was too soon. We've been together 28 years & married 26 in a couple of months. Thankfully, he didn't walk away at that time or it would have been the biggest mistake of my life. He's never let me forget it. :p

About a month after we met in person (we emailed daily for a couple months before meeting, as we lived on opposite coasts). Saying is one thing, but knowing is another (deeds>words). I knew he loved me when he waited through the mess at Penn Station to see me get on my train once. I thought he was long gone, and then saw him about 45 minutes later as the crowd finally was let downstairs to our train. It stunned me that he was still there, making sure I got on my train.

I knew two weeks in I was going to marry my DH and said it about a month in. He didn’t say it until about three years in. It just wasn’t something his family said. (His grandmother told me his grandfather NEVER ever told her he loved her.) I’d had guys tell me they loved me in the past but had never shown me like he did. The day he said it was the day he asked me to marry him. He’s told me everyday since.

I must say I’m really surprised that a month seems to be so common. I will admit my current and last relationship aren’t your typical “dating” senarios. So maybe that’s why I think that is so quick.

Don't fail to tell someone you love them for fear of rejection. Just as the first guy wasn't with the love program and you broke up, well the next one might break up because he thinks you're not with the love program if you fail to tell him out of fear of rejection. You're ready to tell him you love him when it is the truth.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter