"I Love You"

Don't fail to tell someone you love them for fear of rejection. Just as the first guy wasn't with the love program and you broke up, well the next one might break up because he thinks you're not with the love program if you fail to tell him out of fear of rejection. You're ready to tell him you love him when it is the truth.

I got a chuckle out of “the love program.”

DH and I had probably been dating about 2 months. His first "love you" was in a note that he left me, then after that we both started saying it.

Wow, we waited a long time! It was about a year after we met in person and 8 months after we got serious. He was leaving to spend a week in Florida with his parents and I couldn't let him go without saying something. I actually had to tell him twice because I don't think he heard me the first time :blush:

It was pretty fast me and hubby.......... I just knew I was so wise in my 18 years of life!

I watch Married at first sight and one of the couple starting saying their I LOVE YOU"s in a matter of days.....:rolleyes1:sad2: Its gonna be a train wreck.

My sisters husband waited seven years!! He said he wanted to be really sure before he said it. I personally would have moved on by that point. They dated for eight years before they got engaged and now have been married for six years.

Maybe around the 6 month mark? He’s the only man I’ve ever said it too. We’ve been together 30 years, married for 23.

So much depends on the relationship. I’ve dated some people and after 2 months we’d been on maybe 4 dates. With my now husband we had practically moved in together at 2 months and he’d helped me through the death of my father. Obviously deeper feelings depend on the situation.

I really don't remember how long it took for me to tell DH I loved him. The first time he told me I laughed at him. :sad2: It had been a little over a month. I thought it was too soon. We've been together 28 years & married 26 in a couple of months. Thankfully, he didn't walk away at that time or it would have been the biggest mistake of my life. He's never let me forget it. :p
This is my story, too. He told me after about a month and I told him that he didn't and that it was too soon to think so. After another couple of months, I told him the same and we continue to do so after 24 years of marriage and 28 years together. :love:

Met future wife in 1st Grade and the only thing that comes to mind is "YUCK, a girl." NOTHING all through schooling even in same classes. Three years after H.S. graduation sparks fly while I pumped gas when she stopped in for a tank fill-up. Hadn't seen her since H.S. graduation. Started dating May '72 and in September she and her sister go on a Caribbean cruise. NOT SEEING and TALKING to her was gut wrenching so as soon as she got home I took her to a local Park, asked her to sit on a bench, said "I Love You" and "Would You Consider Having Children With Me?" Married June of '73. Both of us NEVER DATED anyone else.

OOPS forgot, that cruise was her 22nd Birthday present to herself and in a few weeks we are back at WDW AGAIN for her birthday. Never on my birthday at WDW, only hers because I love her MORE!

Last edited:
As far as guys I have dated I have only ever said 'I love you' to DH, and did so after about three weeks of knowing/dating him.

Same night he asked me out - we were 15. We had been talking for two months, I had been dating his best friend for most of that two months. His BFF broke up with me, now-DH swooped in and asked me out, and after thinking about it (for a few hours), I said yes. We chatted a little more, he said he loved me, we said good night... and, 25 years later, a night hasn't passed since that I have not heard him say it <3

I said it after a week. We have been together 20 years and married 17.

When you know, you know.

I honestly can't remember! I don't think i saw saying that particular phrase as some milestone in the relationship---more just as part of a natural progression. Thinking back it might have been anywhere from in the first few weeks to 6 or so months in.

I DO remember the first time DH brought up getting married (I was still undeclared and trying to figure out what to major in as I was about out of core classes, and he said something about an MRS degree----I'd never heard that and it took me a minute to figure out what he meant lol), we'd been dating about 10-11 months at that point. I know it was well into fall semester sophomore year and we started dating over Christmas break the year prior.

4 months... he was hugging me and whispered in my ear, "I love you" I started giggling and I said, "You do?" and he said, "Yes." and I said, "Good, because I love you." I had known I loved him early on, but was waiting for him to say it first.

My husband said it almost immediately. He comes from a very "touchy/feelie" type of family. My family is the complete opposite. I can count on one hand the number of times my parents said I Love You to me. I don't think I EVER heard them say it to each other.

When DH says it to me I usually reply "me too". He understands that saying it is just saying words, showing it means much more to me. You know the phrase "Action speaks louder than words!" It works for us because we have been married for 37 years and together for 40, engaged after 3 months of dating. He said he knew I still loved him when I passed out in the hospital after his strokes last year.

I don't remember how long in to our relationship it was but it was within a few months. I went away for a week of training for my new job and he said it the night I returned. I remember exactly where we were but I can't remember the date.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter