I messed up...port arrival time

daisyx3

DIS Veteran
I had decided to switch to a private car coming down (currently have DCL going from my WDW resort). However, I did not book a car yet or cancel the DCL as I (stupidly) decided to wait to see what PAT I could get.
Those of you with experience have guessed...when I got to PAT, after setting an alarm to check in at midnight and then waiting 20 minutes for the online check in to work...it says that since I have disney transportation "there is no need to choose a port arrival time". And of course I can't figure out how to cancel my transfers online.
So, tomorrow when I call and finally get through, which probably won't be until 830 when I can even call because I have a meeting before school, (at least I can use the CC #) will there be any early times available? I wanted 11:30 or noon at the latest.

I had decided to switch to a private car coming down (currently have DCL going from my WDW resort). However, I did not book a car yet or cancel the DCL as I (stupidly) decided to wait to see what PAT I could get.
Those of you with experience have guessed...when I got to PAT, after setting an alarm to check in at midnight and then waiting 20 minutes for the online check in to work...it says that since I have disney transportation "there is no need to choose a port arrival time". And of course I can't figure out how to cancel my transfers online.
So, tomorrow when I call and finally get through, which probably won't be until 830 when I can even call because I have a meeting before school, (at least I can use the CC #) will there be any early times available? I wanted 11:30 or noon at the latest.
Once you have the transfers (or if you want to add them after you've made the reservation) it can only be done via phone call.

Typically, arriving around 12:15-12:30 is the best time to arrive. By then they've started Open Boarding, and you can board regardless of what boarding number you receive at check in. Boarding numbers are tied to your Port Arrival Time.

I was checking in for my first cruise in January (to cruise this month) so among the last to select a PAT and at midnight I got 10:45. The following morning I checked things and 10:45 and on were still available. 11:00 and on were available for the next few days.

Yes, it’s possible! For our first cruise, I completely forgot about online check-in until sometime in the afternoon. I still got the earliest 10:30 PAT. That’s no guarantee it will be available for you, all depends on the other cruisers and their arrival plans. Good luck!

Enjoy your cruise!

I didn't do online check-in for a few days for our first Disney cruise coming up (I did book activities, but on Friday, I was having computer issues and just didn't even think about PAT). I still got 11:00am for both staterooms (Our first day for online check-in should have been Friday morning and I did online check-in on Monday afternoon)

Thanks guys! Hopefully by using the CC number I can get it done during my planning period. I want to keep the DCL transfer from the port to MCO on our debarkation day.

a related question - I booked through a TA - can I call to cancel my DCL transfers, or does my TA have to?

Not really a big deal, they dont enforce the PAT time. You may get a higher boarding number, but thats about it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter